PDA

View Full Version : antenna upgrade tutorial

sniper786
02-05-2004, 10:34 PM
First off your going to have to take the reciever and pcb out of the car. after you get it out your gonna look for the antenna connection on the reciever.

After this i used my soldering iron and desoldering braid to get all the solder off and remove the wire.

You can get new wire from a hobby shop along with the tubing for it too. I paid about $1.50 for the wire and .50 for the tubing. You can probably use any fine copper wire. Just strip off the insulation on the end of the wire and solder that in place of where the old one was. Mount everything back in the car and make sure nothing is in the way of the antenna wire.

After i got everything mounted i drilled a hole in the upper deck and also drilled a hole in the windshield for the antenna tubing to fit snuggly in. You can put the antenna where ever you want but i figured up front is the best because it won't be running next to anything that can cause interference. (like the motor in the stock set up)

Now just install your body and run the wire through the tubing.

You can trim the antenna and the tubing to as short as you want but i think the longer the better. I trimmed about 5" off of what length it came.

There you have it. Cheap easy way to get rid of intererence and extend the range of your car.

Anonymous
02-07-2004, 02:59 PM
where did u find out how to put an underglow kit.

sniper786
02-07-2004, 09:18 PM
i did the same thing listed in the how to section but instead of pointing the leds down i glued them into the ends of a clear pen and mounted 4 light bars to the chassis. i glued the front bar right behind were the body mounts are. the side bars are mounted to the battery holders. and the rear bar is right on the end of the chassis. it looks alot better because it is a soft glow instead of a spotlight look.

SupaSupraBob13
03-20-2004, 03:39 PM
u should post a tut on how 2 make underglow and include pics

kirov
03-21-2004, 11:41 AM
yhe whit prices and wher you can get ol this things

sk8tergod
11-24-2004, 03:54 PM
hi i noticed that you got a carbon fiber chassis were did you get it and are there any sites you no of that have some to :-?

sk8tergod
11-24-2004, 03:55 PM
hi i noticed that you got a carbon fiber chassis were did you get it and are there any sites you no of that have some to :-? you can e mail me at [email protected]

BlackSky909
11-26-2004, 01:40 PM
sounds weird and complicated..