PDA

View Full Version : This needs to be a rule...

imnotmikal
03-29-2007, 06:03 PM
When I go to a thread where they did something cool, I find myself wanting to do it. So i ask how he did it or whatever, then someone else comes and is like "oh, I think he did this, or maybe this, or bought a kit on ebay." This is really annoying and there needs to be something done. Because when I look for an answer to my question, I want a firm answer that isn't from some random person making a guess.

RedSXmodder
03-29-2007, 08:51 PM
If you want to know, you should discuss it through PM's. Not on the thread where it is prone to what you sain happening. The thread is for him to show it off and people to talk and compliment it. If you get interrupted, deal with it through PM's.

Later,
RedSXmodder

imnotmikal
03-29-2007, 09:23 PM
o yea i completely forgot there even were PMs until after i wrote that... but still i see it around and it gets annoying.

DRFTKO
03-29-2007, 10:43 PM
I really dont clearly understand what you are asking Knvctd, could you please post a link or an example or something?

Numbchux
03-30-2007, 02:38 AM
unfortunately there's no good way to make a rule for that and enforce it effectively. while we do have more rules than most forums....something that open-ended would be ridiculous.

your best bet is to just pm the person who did it.

imnotmikal
03-30-2007, 06:52 AM
yea. pm would be best i guess.

but also, when I ask a question, I want a sure answer, not an "i think its..."
but i mean, posting a new thread with a question, not in another thread. And i know posting this link will be bashing me for what i just said gets annoying but, this is what i mean. look at my post...

http://www.xmodsource.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7727

Firebirdman
04-06-2007, 09:45 PM
This forum has enough out-of-hand rules as it is...Please, let's not suggest another.

imnotmikal
04-06-2007, 09:55 PM
im pretty sure this had already died down enough to where they wont make it rule. not they were in the first place.

Firebirdman
04-06-2007, 09:57 PM
yea, checked the date a little late there...just statin' lol