PDA

View Full Version : Numbchux

jimmythekid1
03-25-2007, 12:28 AM
Ok now don't get me wrong he does an OK job of modding on this site but sometimes he takes things to a level that he should not. Thier is no point in insulting members when you carry out your modding. I don't think it's ver professional to ever personal insult members in a thread, maybe in a PM but not in a thread for the whole public to see.

I attached a couple examples:

Numbchux
03-25-2007, 12:42 AM
well, you were being a putz. you were specifically told not to post...and yet you did it anyway.

I'm guessing thats why you were banned. I hope I don't for posting in here.

and KNEW you weren't supposed to.

on the other one, I simply pointed out the fact that the discussion was beginning to get out of control. And the guy who forced us to make the rule, says this:

screw that rule

I'll say it again. he's being a smartass. he's lucky I didn't give him an infraction for mocking/flaming the staff.

heck, maybe I should give YOU one. that would put you into the temporary ban-land...in one day....

jimmythekid1
03-25-2007, 12:45 AM
ok just just dance around the topic
I'm sure I'm representing the silent majority.

civic_guy
03-25-2007, 12:48 AM
I don't see the problem. He says it like it is. It's not insulting...if people can't handle the truth then that's their problem not Chux's problem.

jimmythekid1
03-25-2007, 12:50 AM
ok I quit LOL I've been around here since 05 just give me my perm and silence me. Is thier fun activities in "ban-land" like pin the tall on the modderator? If I ever get back from my ban can I be a mod?

texan_idiot25
03-25-2007, 01:05 AM
I did get an infraction :lol: Not by him though, but for that thread. I thought it was nice chux didnt, so I chilled out. Began to wonder why I got nothing about it, but blacksky sent me an infraction like a week later. +5 permanent points FTW!

BTW, I didnt force any body to do jack, you guys made the rule. I hold no guns to your heads. :lol:

Anyhoo, mods here, well last time I left was because they were all corrupt, so take this as a sign of improvement. Because last time mods were actually flamming people. Chux calling me a smartass isnt a big deal. I am a smart *** bit woop, but naggy rules are also annoying. And for the most part, mods should use a more professional manor, and atleast look like their being the bigger person. Wether or not you guys do, I dont care much, its not my problem. To others they may take it offensively.

There would be no evolution in car design, techonology, and life style if there was never any VS conversatiosns. We would all be driving cookie cutter cars, with the same paint job. If someone cant take the opinions of others, then tough. Someone said "I hate trucks" in my thead, did I get my panties in a bunch? Nope.

Tundra lost the 5star crash rating brag, oh noes

Iche-1
03-25-2007, 01:24 AM
ok just just dance around the topic
I'm sure I'm representing the silent majority.

i hate when they ( mods in general) act like somebodies post count is going to shut the forum down. dont spam this, dont do this blah, blah , blah. whats gonna happen? will the internet blow up?

as far as him insulting people its his forum.

Yankee John
03-25-2007, 01:25 AM
I will state that I am trying to be neutral here.

No offense is intended toward anyone, especially a fellow Minnesotan, and I understand that the job of a forum moderator is very difficult and trying at times. There are people out there that intentionally cause trouble and need to be slapped. But I will say this....

1) Name-calling on the part of ANYONE is uncalled for, and should not be tolerated at all- No matter what the status of the member is.

2) Threatening to ban a member for bringing up what they percieve to be a legitimate topic of discussion is also uncalled for, as long as it is in an adult manner and in good taste. Jimmy started this thread in what I thought was an adult manner, without threats, abusive language, or swearing to speak of. Not a reason to be threatened with an infraction or be banned in my opinion.

Admittedly, I did not follow the threads posted in the above screen-shots and may have missed some of the context of the discussion. If anyone was intentionally trying to be disruptive, then they should be banned or hit with an infraction.

Last thing, WE ARE TALKING ABOUT TOYS HERE PEOPLE! No reason to take anything personally or to get into an argument about.

Enough said......

John

THE EDJ
03-25-2007, 01:33 AM
i hate when they ( mods in general) act like somebodies post count is going to shut the forum down. dont spam this, dont do this blah, blah , blah. whats gonna happen? will the internet blow up?

as far as him insulting people its his forum.

i dont think its a matter of people bringing up their post count through spam. The main thing here is that this site is meant to be informative and understandable. If threads are often filled with comments that seemingly have no relevance to the topic, then all we are doing is creating a problem through misinformation and generally being unhelpful. No one member came onto this site because they thought they would not learn or would not gain help from others, thats why we are all here, so lets stop the fighting and keep things under control.

It is true that there are a lot of young people on here, and its up to the rest of us older folk to lead a good example, so if we are spamming, flaming, calling names, etc, then the young folks here are gonna do the same.

Is this too much to ask? I dont really think so, these are all things we do in everyday life anyways, so lets just put it into practice here.

My two cents...

RodsRUs
03-25-2007, 03:51 AM
I think alot of mods go on power trips, but Iv never thought as numb as one he just tells it how it is.

BlackSky909
03-25-2007, 02:48 PM
well, you were being a putz. you were specifically told not to post...and yet you did it anyway.

and KNEW you weren't supposed to.

on the other one, I simply pointed out the fact that the discussion was beginning to get out of control. And the guy who forced us to make the rule, says this:

I'll say it again. he's being a smartass. he's lucky I didn't give him an infraction for mocking/flaming the staff.

heck, maybe I should give YOU one. that would put you into the temporary ban-land...in one day....

Jimmy, do you have something to say about everything? I gave texan idiot his infraction. Just leave it alone, ****.

lilskipro587
03-25-2007, 05:55 PM
I mean thanks for making a suggestion. But don't tell us how to do our job. There is a reason were the mods and your not. Thats because we can handle this stuff. I guess if you dont like it then leave...it's easy as that.

Azngtboi88
03-25-2007, 06:16 PM
I dont think its a big deal...everyone has their limits and maybe he's just getting sick of all the stupid people on the forum

musclecars4life
03-25-2007, 06:18 PM
i have no problem with chux. he says what eeds to be said and the problem usually stops.

thanks,
MC4L

jabari
03-25-2007, 06:25 PM
Yes, Chux is entitled to his opinion. He says it like it is. It is better not to argue or whatever with him.

jimmythekid1
03-25-2007, 06:54 PM
cOmE ON NoW U PUTOS JUst SenDD MEE TEE BAN-LAnd

Life
03-25-2007, 07:00 PM
modding aint easy try creating a forum and modding it

jimmythekid1
03-25-2007, 07:02 PM
modding aint easy try creating a forum and modding it

I know I was one once before

Numbchux
03-25-2007, 07:24 PM
BTW, I didnt force any body to do jack, you guys made the rule. I hold no guns to your heads. :lol:

yes you did. YOU started the flame war that made us realize that you guys are completely incapable of having an adult conversation/discussion. it spirals out of control, and if those threads had not been locked, they would have turned into an all out flame war. I realize that discussions and arguments are essential to life, but there are enough members here who cannot keep it a constructive argument, and just turn it into a ****ing match.

call it post-whoring or not, I don't care the reason for useless posts. I've said it before, and I'll say it again. this site is a RESOURCE. if you want to waste space with stupid posts, here's a list of forums where that is welcome...
www.t3hw00t.com
www.tcstangs.com
www.nasioc.com
www.xmodworld.com
www.pirate4x4.com
but beware, you will find very little usable information at any of those sites, and if you ask a question, you will likely get flamed for it.

look, I've been extremely stressed out the last few weeks. and then I come on here, a place that should be a source for information about a hobby that USED to be a stress reliever for me, and I have to babysit! I have to try to keep the peace between a bunch of people who act half their age (not everyone....but there are plenty). I'm sorry, I realize I shouldn't be calling people names, but my patience has come to a complete end for people who go out of their way to act stupid.

I realize it's no excuse. I just want you guys to understand my side of it.

cOmE ON NoW U PUTOS JUst SenDD MEE TEE BAN-LAnd

wtf?! you just threw any legitimate argument that you had right out the window by making a perfect example of the junk that I'm talking about

jimmythekid1
03-25-2007, 08:15 PM
WoW you guys have been totally cool about all this, but I have to leave for awhile, sorry about being a crazy asshole. Until next time....

P.S. bring back big T(torredo) and the crunk(crunkrida)

texan_idiot25
03-25-2007, 08:26 PM
xmodworld.com has alot more info than here... and been around alot longer. Things Ive seen here, are the tail ends of what has been going on there for a long while.Flammed? Hardly. Not these days, the bad apples have been banned.

And everything I said in that thread was fact based, not just wailing on it for being a toyota. About the only personal opinion was its ugly. and then you closed it about 2 days after we stopped... if your gonna close it, do it while its happening, not days after all is said in done. The reason I was so persistant is he has a less than good track record of truth. Once before he said he had a Dodge dakota duelie 3500... Something tells me theres no such thing. And its amazing that suddenly that Tondra appears. I have plenty of reasons to doubt.

Numbchux
03-26-2007, 01:01 AM
xmodworld.com has alot more info than here... and been around alot longer. Things Ive seen here, are the tail ends of what has been going on there for a long while.Flammed? Hardly. Not these days, the bad apples have been banned.

Then you're definition is significantly more lenient than ours. XMW has quite a bit of info, littered with tons of false info, and junk. you have to wade through gallons of sewage to find anything useful. There's a reason why I don't visit that site every day anymore, and that is the same reason that the rules are different here.

And everything I said in that thread was fact based, not just wailing on it for being a toyota. About the only personal opinion was its ugly. and then you closed it about 2 days after we stopped... if your gonna close it, do it while its happening, not days after all is said in done. The reason I was so persistant is he has a less than good track record of truth. Once before he said he had a Dodge dakota duelie 3500... Something tells me theres no such thing. And its amazing that suddenly that Tondra appears. I have plenty of reasons to doubt.

tell yourself whatever you need to. if you had kept it to yourself, it wouldn't have taken the turn that it did, and we wouldn't have had to take action. so he says that his family bought a truck? who's that hurt? if he needs that little ego boost, let him have it. I don't see why you need to cut him down.

texan_idiot25
03-26-2007, 02:02 AM
Then you're definition is significantly more lenient than ours. XMW has quite a bit of info, littered with tons of false info, and junk. you have to wade through gallons of sewage to find anything useful. There's a reason why I don't visit that site every day anymore, and that is the same reason that the rules are different here.

False info, hardly at all... Stay to the stickies and all the answers are answered. And alot more technical data is up on the stickies than I see here, which somewhat surprises me. If you cant find it there, you ask, ppl tell. And the forum has been around for around 3 years, of course there are more threads. But one thing is, we dont rip on your forums, and you, as a mod rip on ours?

But then, what do I know, im not a mod :roll_eye: Anyways...

Numbchux
03-26-2007, 01:03 PM
we dont rip on your forums

:lol: :lol: :lol:

whatever....the discussion is over

BlackSky909
03-27-2007, 03:41 PM
WoW you guys have been totally cool about all this, but I have to leave for awhile, sorry about being a crazy asshole. Until next time....

P.S. bring back big T(torredo) and the crunk(crunkrida)

Yea the biggest ***** to ever post on XMS.