PDA

View Full Version : Battery experts please read!

joe913
03-21-2007, 08:53 PM
AAARRRRGGGHHH! I just bought some 1800mah AAA nimh rechargeables from ebay. Here is a link http://cgi.ebay.com/8-x-AAA-Rechargeable-NiMH-Ni-MH-Cell-Battery-1800mAh_W0QQitemZ220091368983QQcategoryZ118262QQss PageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
anyway I tried charging them in my energizer 15 minute charger (came with 850 mah energizers). I plugged it all in and went to watch a everyone loves raymond rerun and came back after a while and the light was green. So I put them in and I had steering but no forward or reverse. I was like "WTF!" and i double checked and reinserted them...same thing. So, I put in my energizers and it worked fine. So without babbling on to much further...could it be my charger can't handle the higher mah rating on my new batteries? I am really perturbed over this!

modman54935
03-21-2007, 09:13 PM
AAARRRRGGGHHH! I just bought some 1800mah AAA nimh rechargeables from ebay. Here is a link http://cgi.ebay.com/8-x-AAA-Rechargeable-NiMH-Ni-MH-Cell-Battery-1800mAh_W0QQitemZ220091368983QQcategoryZ118262QQss PageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
anyway I tried charging them in my energizer 15 minute charger (came with 850 mah energizers). I plugged it all in and went to watch a everyone loves raymond rerun and came back after a while and the light was green. So I put them in and I had steering but no forward or reverse. I was like "WTF!" and i double checked and reinserted them...same thing. So, I put in my energizers and it worked fine. So without babbling on to much further...could it be my charger can't handle the higher mah rating on my new batteries? I am really perturbed over this!

i thought 1400 MaH was the highest with aaa wow dood

civicblack10
03-21-2007, 09:16 PM
i would say kill them(empty of charge) in something else and recharge and re try or maybe just recharge them because they need more than a couple times before they really hold a charge and perform best.

BART
03-21-2007, 10:36 PM

The charger looks for the voltage to peak and then drop off slightly and has nothing to do with the capacity (mah rating) of the battery. Charge them fully and then check the voltage of each individual cell...chances are that one of them is open and throwing off the whole pack (the 4 in series).

SuperFastSupra
04-02-2007, 03:08 PM
i had a prob kinda like this one but one of my batterys had a peice of metal tab on the end and it was touching the other battery and i only had steering this prob isnt ur problem tho. I just trimed the battery and it worked fine

RC/DRIFTER
04-06-2007, 01:24 AM
im guessing maybe if ther is no light then its done maybe? cuz it will take longer to charge the better batts cuz it has higher Mah

WRX Ryder
04-06-2007, 02:15 AM
uhh make sure the batts work first.it is rare that they are defective but it does happen.same for your charger. if it is, just return it and get a new one and if that one doesnt work then i dont know