PDA

View Full Version : what causes the servo to jitter?

civicblack10
03-18-2007, 07:36 PM
what causes the servo to continuosly(sp) jitter or twitch?
will this cause any damage or anything?

galymede
03-19-2007, 07:44 AM
my xmod does that too... seemed to happen after i added 2 more batteries to it...

TheB1GDude
03-19-2007, 09:13 AM
If this is a gen1 car then look at fitting the tight turns kit - the new resistors help smooth out the servo, stop it jittering and give you a better turning circle.

Sweed
03-19-2007, 01:21 PM
It's the extra power of the motor, and the ep isn't "used" to taking it...

The servo motor goes faster, and thus overshoots, and then in attempt to center itself, goes back and forth, but becuase it keeps overshooting the mark, it constantly does it, and jitters...

Tight turns will help with the problem, but you could possibly use an LED inline with the positive lead for the servo, to drop the voltage 1.5 volts. I haven't tried it, but it might work.

civicblack10
03-19-2007, 04:21 PM
yeah this is on my gen 1, it has also seemed to start happening more since i did the 6 cell. on the AM tut for the tight turns it looks like they are very very small and hard to solder. anyone done this before that could tell me what the installation is like?

TheB1GDude
03-19-2007, 04:42 PM
yeah this is on my gen 1, it has also seemed to start happening more since i did the 6 cell. on the AM tut for the tight turns it looks like they are very very small and hard to solder. anyone done this before that could tell me what the installation is like?

OK the tight turns upgrade looks really scary and difficult but honestly its not - I did my first one in under maybe an hour an expert could do it in maybe 30 minutes!

Thing to do is take your time - follow the tutorial to the letter and just be extra careful when you are cutting and stripping the servo wiring - the soldering is the easy part!

hawkskater
04-04-2007, 05:39 PM
My new evo scion TC has a big servo twich when i don't fully turn the wheel and it will gitter for about 30 sec standing still but wont when moving. its stock so why is it doing that. And to answer your ?, the check to make sure the tires don't hit the front lip, my f 150 had a turning problem and i checked and the off road tires were hitting the body when i turned.

Andrew7447
04-04-2007, 09:05 PM
OK the tight turns upgrade looks really scary and difficult but honestly its not - I did my first one in under maybe an hour an expert could do it in maybe 30 minutes!

Thing to do is take your time - follow the tutorial to the letter and just be extra careful when you are cutting and stripping the servo wiring - the soldering is the easy part!

ya i took me about 10 mins lol and i am not a expert.

Tjoh311
05-01-2007, 02:53 AM
I've had problems with twitchy steering in my evo stang. Mine involved the steering wiper in the transmitter tho. You could always try cleaning the contact pads with alcohol that helped me.

gtislide
05-01-2007, 01:55 PM
How many volts are you running?

civicblack10
05-01-2007, 04:25 PM
this is kinda old but oh well, im running a gen 1 with a 6 cell mod as stated above so 1.2x6= 7.2 volts

gtislide
05-03-2007, 07:59 AM
That is why your servo is jittering. My stacked fet car does the same thing. The only way to get rid of that it to regulate the power to the servo somehow. The evo I have with the V2 does not jitter at all. Because only 6 volts is running to the board.

civicblack10
05-03-2007, 04:25 PM
i have heard from other places and TheB1GDude that tight turn chips will solve it if thats the problem. and like Sweed said its the extra volts going through the servo.