PDA

View Full Version : A cleaner continuation of "New Rule"

Firebirdman
03-14-2007, 08:41 PM
I appologize for re-creating this thread, if you'd like me to edit/delete it Mods, please let me know, or you may just close it yourselves, I just wanted to try to keep it open, but on a clean slate. So Posters, please, DON'T BURN THIS THREAD DOWN WITH YOUR FLAMMING! Thanks...

(I was typing this, and when I finally went to submit it, the thread had JUST closed before i got the chance, so here it is: )
Ok, for one, I think we all just gotta ease off on the !!! marks and whatnot before the become a flame war; exactly what we're trying to prevent. I understand where Jimmythekid AND joe/modman, you both serve good points, in that Jimmy, yes, maybe there should be an area where rules are unheard of, and if people wanna have at, then let them. But also Joe and Mod hold good points that yes, people can get their feelings hurt, and things may get pushed overboard. But here's what I think about it, I believe that A) Some of these rules are getting just a little out of hand... The Mods and Admins all have good hearts, in wanting to keep this a friendly/safe forum, however, I must say, things are a little TOO tight. For example, the B/S/T rule recently adapted, in which 200 posts are required to start a thread...This is a little over-the-edge, because I've been a member of this site for quite a while, but often read more than i post, so my count doesn't increase too greatly. I understand it's too prevent spammers, but the 50 post rule wasn't bad, it took me a few months just to get there, so maybe if it was eased off a little, more to 100-150 posts. And the Mods/Admins can tell a spammer, then run around making useless/one-word posts just to get their count up, and stand out in a thread. So with this rule, as everyone has noticed, B/S/T activity has GREATLY reduced to almost a crawl, IF ANY, now, and new posts can only be made by the oldest members, who this rule had no effect on anyways. I just don't feel it's right, it was just too much.... And about this flamming and whatnot, its so foolish to be banning things for certain things... However, I do slightly agree with this new point system, I already notice being over-induced...for example today, I ACCIDENTALLY swore in a post i made, and a someone low swear at that, in a post someone had begun flamming outrageously in, and I was upsetted at in and typed it up in a fury, and I didn't even have a chance to edit it/appologize for my actions, and immediately, I had a PM saying i got w/e points for a swear. I can understand using the system against spammers, and flammers, but these simple silly things? No, its just too much. So Like I said, you all both yield good points, and I do strongly feel something should be done about these rules...I'm not saying completely take them all away, and let our forum burn up, but just ease off a little, lately it's been like a bunch of cops who havent had an arrest all week, so they're bagging people for everything, like going 46mph in a 45mph zone... So again, you guys have to be careful in this thread, because both parties are going a little overboard, but on the flipside, I agree in that something should be done about the rules' severity, but also that flamming/spamming should definitely be prevented and punishable for. Thanks, -FBM

modman54935
03-14-2007, 08:46 PM
yes i agree bout the rules being kinda eh. but like uu said this needs to be user friendly. there are people of all ages and races here. we have to be appropeote. and i think with swearing as long as its not like constint and if they are lil let it go just warn them. but if u want to flame get there aol,msn and or yahoo name and argue over that keep this right for everyone

jimmythekid1
03-14-2007, 08:47 PM
That is basicaly what I was tring to say, man out worded by a 16 year old, your like a young yoda.

Firebirdman
03-14-2007, 08:56 PM
Haha, I've been told I should either be a motivational speaker or a psycologist...yet I'm working towards being a cop...hmm...lol.

Anyways, On topic, thank you Modman, Thats what I mean, in which the swearing, Ok, like seriously, who doesn't have a bad day or w/e and slip every once in a while right? we all make mistakes, and they deserve a warning, or just to be let go. Yes, the consistent swearers, and rude, incoherent fools, who come in and spend time just looking to start something, THEY should be punished, and THEY should be banned, not the innocent, just defending themselves, or their thread, or those who accidentally let a swear or two slide. So basically, it's a matter of the Mods just keeping a watchful eye, for those who want to be jerks and fools, and punish them, not worry about every single minor rule thats tampered with, and immediately punish, and that's that. Otherwise, this forums population is gonna start seeing some serious decreases....Already, people have been leaving/not returning/joining other forums....For example, XmodWorld, which has much lighter rules and they're carried out more appropriately, has been doing quite well for itself. I' just trying to prevent a serious downfall to this forum, because I love everything about it, and would hate to see it just burn up like that. Thanks for the support, and thanks for the compliment Jimmythekid (although yoda, a compliment? Eh, whatever, i catch your drift, lol, ;) )

lilskipro587
03-14-2007, 09:29 PM
I guess at this point its up to the other mods whether we want one or not. But anyways i would say the swear thing is bull****(see haha) if you can hear it on tv then it can be said. Like watch mtv and see wat they bleep and dont bleep out then u'll know.

jimmythekid1
03-14-2007, 09:50 PM
I guess at this point its up to the other mods whether we want one or not. But anyways i would say the swear thing is bull****(see haha) if you can hear it on tv then it can be said. Like watch mtv and see wat they bleep and dont bleep out then u'll know.

"are you cool man?"

mini-z_drifter
03-14-2007, 10:40 PM
LOL they dont say bull**** on MTV.

joe913
03-14-2007, 10:46 PM
Well I am going to base my language on here on what they say on South Park. GWA-HA-HA! They said "****" 142 times on 1 episode in season 5!

mini-z_drifter
03-14-2007, 11:20 PM
I have that DVD!

superinfinity
03-14-2007, 11:36 PM
now you guys are getting out of control. This thread is going to be closed if you don't stop

Numbchux
03-15-2007, 02:11 AM
debating is allowed. flaming is not. period.

I love a good debate, but since you guys have proven that you cannot keep the 2 seperate, you've lost that privilege....

this has nothing to do with us, it's all you're own fault. in fact, about 30 seconds research would tell you the exact people responsible. thank them yourselves.

end of discussion