PDA

View Full Version : has anyone modified the controller to remove the "neutral" part of getting in reverse

galymede
03-13-2007, 11:29 PM
I find the 'push twice to get reverse' somewhat annoying... has anyone tried removing it?

SUPERSHELBY
03-13-2007, 11:34 PM
i dont think its possible, it doesnt bother me anyways, its better than not bein able 2 reverse

galymede
03-13-2007, 11:35 PM
i dont think its possible, it doesnt bother me anyways, its better than not bein able 2 reverse

I'd rather it be a straight forward or reverse feature.. it's a complete nuisance the way it is

vzereeys
03-14-2007, 12:44 AM
it's not a "neutral" feature but a "brake" function of the xmods

ScoobyBoy
03-14-2007, 07:33 AM
I find it annoying too..

civicblack10
03-14-2007, 11:40 AM
when im driving and hit the brake all the way foward it stops completly, sits for a second then goes in reverse just by holding back the brake. anyone else got that?

BART
03-14-2007, 10:44 PM
when im driving and hit the brake all the way foward it stops completly, sits for a second then goes in reverse just by holding back the brake. anyone else got that?

This is the way nearly all electronic speed controllers work, just having forward and reverse would be terrible stressful on drivetrain components and make driving difficult to control...sooooooooo, a braking delay is used for the best of both worlds.

ferrarip4.5
03-15-2007, 01:32 AM
the car wont be able to stop properly if thers no brake feature

REDisFASTER
03-15-2007, 01:39 AM
This is the way nearly all electronic speed controllers work, just having forward and reverse would be terrible stressful on drivetrain components and make driving difficult to control...sooooooooo, a braking delay is used for the best of both worlds.

Thank you!

Yes, ZX9RBART is has got the whole double-pump (what hobby-grade R/C guys call it) brake+reverse.

Its there to save your drivetrain from stripping gears. Plus, when you're going at a significantly high speed and slow down into a turn, you'd end up jamming the trigger all the way back and put it in reverse, which not only causes drivetrain stress, but may lock up your drive wheels. This also adds more strain on the battery since its wasting energy while not making any progress, therefore lower run-times.

XMDrifter
03-15-2007, 04:59 PM
the only problem is the reverse is tricky to engage