PDA

View Full Version : What, you can't drift a civic ?

Joe.
03-13-2007, 09:31 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=_L82Z6MtD9E

oh, really ?

I guess it's not technically drifting, let's not start another drift debate, but that's some great driving skills for a stock FWD Civic!

:)

Firebirdman
03-13-2007, 09:39 PM
Lol, i like the first clip, with the slow traffic, and then he just casually glides gracefully around the corner....skillz. lol

mustanglover
03-13-2007, 10:14 PM
that was good for a fwd man

civicblack10
03-13-2007, 10:18 PM
man i bet that guy has very hard slicks in the back

HollyWood82
03-13-2007, 10:24 PM
im impressed

Joe.
03-13-2007, 10:44 PM
man i bet that guy has very hard slicks in the back

Nope, apparently it's completely stock, and it's road registered! so the cop would have noticed the tires....

civicblack10
03-13-2007, 10:52 PM
I dont think its completly stock because when he was doing 360's down that hill in reverse im pretty sure i could hear a turbo whinning and he definitly has an upgraded exhaust.
Nope, apparently it's completely stock, and it's road registered! so the cop would have noticed the tires....

DRFTKO
03-13-2007, 10:54 PM

it is not no where near stock and I have know of a few cars that are running slicks and never get pulled, cops usually dont notice them I suppose

Kaze
03-13-2007, 11:14 PM
Thats.... impressive, I thought you weren't supposed to Drift FWD cars? I mean in theory its all possible, but aren't there other damages to the car by doing it?

Azngtboi88
03-13-2007, 11:20 PM
Theres no way thats stock, a stock civic would be no where near being able to do a burnout like that. pretty cool how he slid it though...i used to do that with trays on the back! FWD for the lose! I cant wait to get a rwd car

supra999
03-13-2007, 11:54 PM
I'm not a real honda fan but that was some nice diften

DRFTKO
03-14-2007, 12:03 AM
Thats.... impressive, I thought you weren't supposed to Drift FWD cars? I mean in theory its all possible, but aren't there other damages to the car by doing it?

it is considered "unnatural" (sp?) for a FWD to drift compared to a RWD which can "break loose" and drift in a "natural" manor. To everyone that thinks it is stock, doesnt the exhaust sound aftermarket, it does to me

kase1233
03-14-2007, 12:31 AM
that vid is sweet that car is not stock and hes just sliding with the e brake i can do it in my si all day long that car has a lot of power and he knows what he is doing but if u ask me i rather drive my suped up 280 zx rwd

THE EDJ
03-14-2007, 01:01 AM
i can do that in my stock CRX... except not. i mean sure its got exhaust and intake, but i still cant do that, not on dry pavement anyways. Theres no way that car is stock, at the very least theres exhaust, but the motor sounds a little bit modified, or in the very least tuned. pretty cool stuff though for a civic.

Numbchux
03-14-2007, 03:38 AM
civics at least have rear handbrake....

I taught myself to 'drift' with my loyale back when it was FWD and front handbrake. it's a little thing called the Scandinavian Flick (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scandinavian_flick)

kidZim
03-14-2007, 11:26 AM
I also learned to drift, but in the snow to get the feel of holding a car sideways with my old FWD Chevy Beretta. I put the car in the ditch about 3 times a year. i got the hang of it, but it's a tad different from my BMW.. since the BMW's hand break only stops the passenger side, and it's differential is stock.. which sucks.

Edit: I just watched the vid. Pretty nice stuff. :)

This is a better Civic Drift EG6 FTW!
http://youtube.com/watch?v=hyBXl56a0AY&mode=related&search=

Edit more EG6 action!
http://youtube.com/watch?v=szgIpXOaBtQ

mini-z_drifter
03-14-2007, 05:19 PM
No I dont think it has a lot of power because hes using that car kinda like its one of his side cars to mess around with, im sure he wouldnt invest a ton of money into a car he knows hes going to mess up. And there is NO turbo on that thing, just a loud aftermarket fart cannon.

mini-z drift
03-14-2007, 05:34 PM
well that guy has skills drfting with a FWD abd going downhill like that

STI GUY
03-14-2007, 06:59 PM
Who is that is it you I heard a blow off valve it has to be turobed nice civic I would think it would break or blow up how high he was reving it must be an b18 c1 [engine code]

DRFTKO
03-14-2007, 07:04 PM
Who is that is it you I heard a blow off valve it has to be turobed nice civic I would think it would break or blow up how high he was reving it must be an b18 c1 [engine code]

there is some honda motors that redline at high rpms. My friends Del Sol (with a B16a3) can redline at 9K+, and I dont think that the civic in the video was turboed

jimmythekid1
03-14-2007, 10:06 PM
i can drift in my 95 GMC G2500 and with out the parking brake lol, on snow

by the way that noise you guys hear is only the cars rev limiter, and his fart cannon.

ferrarip4.5
03-15-2007, 01:58 AM
the s2000 engine has 9k+ redline

REDisFASTER
03-15-2007, 02:03 AM
There's also one with an Integra :p I'll see if I can find it :p

ferrarip4.5
03-15-2007, 12:30 PM
integra? then its not stock is it?

Luk3
03-15-2007, 01:13 PM

oh, really ?

I guess it's not technically drifting, let's not start another drift debate, but that's some great driving skills for a [B]stock[B\] FWD Civic!

1. that is no stock car...the carnards are def upgraded...its just a sleeper..with a big bore exhaust to make it sound like its stock..its to trick people..

2.that dude fizzucked up his tranny big time...

3.notice how he could only keep it up on wet roads..and on dry roads he lost it

4.is he on doughnuts?

RallyWRX
03-15-2007, 01:52 PM
Look up Tif Nedells Front Wheel Drive Techniques on you tube. What he's doing on the wet road is definiately what I call drifting even though it's not rear wheel drive, but I think it's usually just called a power slide or an hand brake turn. I do that kind of drifting every time it snows in large parking lots, but not in traffic or around cars, I'm not an idiot. It seems that this guy is though. Doing it in snow isn't too hard on the car or even the tires. That jump was crazy. He's basically destroyed that car. I hope he can make enough on DVD sales to make up for it, but I doubt it. It's best to keep extreme driving for the track.

REDisFASTER
03-15-2007, 01:55 PM
Low traction environments, sliding back and fourth = grassroots drifting! See: Rally.

RallyWRX
03-15-2007, 02:30 PM
Well put.

texan_idiot25
03-15-2007, 03:44 PM
unimpressive wet road sliding, but funny as hell. that sliding down the grass looked like fun.

If this was done on dry roads Id be totaly wowed. But wet roads... I could try that in my moms saturn lol.

Totaly funny though, I dig it

ferrarip4.5
03-17-2007, 01:33 PM
there was definitly no turbo, just maybe high performance intake. and he sucks, wtf i mean what kind of an idiot would do a jump like that.

i can tell that his front tires are very slipery, or else with civic's power itd be difficult to keep the drift on dry road

texan_idiot25
03-17-2007, 01:38 PM
Theres a few random phwooshes here and there that suggest a turbo.

Oh yeh, to all the guys who think it maybe highely modded because of the exhuast.... How many Civics have fart canons for the sound? :bigwink: Ill tell ya one thing, there hasnt been a honda thats been able to outrun our good ol' 1998 GMC Jimmy, and it is totaly stock. :uhoh::lol:

DRFTKO
03-17-2007, 02:04 PM
Theres a few random phwooshes here and there that suggest a turbo.

Oh yeh, to all the guys who think it maybe highely modded because of the exhuast.... How many Civics have fart canons for the sound? :bigwink: Ill tell ya one thing, there hasnt been a honda thats been able to outrun our good ol' 1998 GMC Jimmy, and it is totaly stock. :uhoh::lol:

you have never been to North Carolina either, but anyways there is no way that that civic is turboed, why in the hell does folks think that?

texan_idiot25
03-17-2007, 02:08 PM
Theres a few phwoshes here and there that sound turboish, when he gets on the throttle... I doubt it too

Im in south texas, Ive only seen 3 seriously turbo'd tuners in my 7 years being here near houston, one Civic, an Integra, and an old toyota minivan... the other 98% of em are total ricers.

ferrarip4.5
03-17-2007, 02:38 PM
minivan turboed lol really whats the point of that

there was no blow off valve so absolutely no turbo and thats the end of it

texan_idiot25
03-17-2007, 02:42 PM
Yeh, I was out working on my truck, and I hear the loud, unmistakable sound of a big turbo, and a blow-off phwoosh, glanced up, and I see an old toyota mini-van fly by, dipping and rocking as it shifted. The older ones were RWD. I duno, but has to be one of the most fun in a sleeper that you can have. :D

Sweed
03-17-2007, 10:23 PM

I thought they only had the b18c in the Integras? Whatever. The B18C is one hell of a motor, and makes plenty of power, for such a car.... Now imagine a K in that. Any K will do, but why not a K20?

Civic are underrated, seeing as they can easily keep up to a Lancer Evo, easily, all you need is a K....

It's decided. I'm gonna get a Civic Hatchback as a first car, unless they come out with a kit to drop a K into a CRX. Then I'm set....

Anyone know if the Del Sole is FWD or RWD and what motor is in it?

civics at least have rear handbrake....

I taught myself to 'drift' with my loyale back when it was FWD and front handbrake. it's a little thing called the Scandinavian Flick (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scandinavian_flick)

YES! More Swedish stuff!

ferrarip4.5
03-17-2007, 11:07 PM
a civic cant keep up with a evo, cause a evo can keep up with a murcielargo.

texan_idiot25
03-18-2007, 01:02 PM
Del Sols are FWD, I think the same engine as its Civic cousins at that year.

modman54935
03-18-2007, 02:47 PM

oh, really ?

I guess it's not technically drifting, let's not start another drift debate, but that's some great driving skills for a stock FWD Civic!

not bad at all for fwd