PDA

View Full Version : zip zaps electronics

Darkmagik
03-12-2007, 06:34 PM
hey everyone i have these zip zaps and i got curious and wanted to venture into their build and see what can i use to mod my xmods cars and to my luch i found the following:

1. some small lights that are like LEDs but smaller
2. a plug for the RS neon lights and/or light kit(s)
3. a 2.4v GP NiMH battery 120 mAh
4. a 1.2v PG NiMH battery 100mAh

i will post pics when i find my camera but i wanted to know how can i recharge/use the batteries i found. they are real small and it is better than puting any coin cell that wont last as long. Will edit post with pics in the next few hours.

P.S. i never knew zip zaps were so "helpful"

Joe.
03-12-2007, 06:36 PM
The gp cells can be charged by the zipzap controller, just leave them in the car, charge them, and take them out, they won't hold a charge long enough to power LED's for more than about 15mins, make sure you don't use those LED's in a circuit with your motor wires or any part of the electronics from the xmod, as they have a low voltage rating, basically they will blow if you feed them more than about 3.6v-4v.

Darkmagik
03-12-2007, 06:38 PM
ok thanks but i want to charge the batteries w/o the zip zap cars because i kinda destroyed everything getting them out :)

RedSXmodder
03-12-2007, 06:40 PM
You should think of it like this instead:

I wonder if theirs anything off my Xmod that I could put in here....

Make the fastest Zip Zap ever...

Later,
RedSXmodder

Darkmagik
03-12-2007, 07:06 PM
lol i want to use the lights and batteries to power any extra thing so i dont use/drain my main power supply.

Darkmagik

ferrarip4.5
03-13-2007, 11:27 AM
ther really is only three things you need extra batts for: head/tail lights, ground effects, and a fan if you have one, and besides the fan, the leds dont drain any noticable power