PDA

View Full Version : JDR lithium batts?

#1_05mustang
03-09-2007, 05:32 PM
Ok i have read that jdr's lithium batts arent that good because of the way he/she solders them. I was just wondering if anyone has actually had problems with there lithium batteries. I plan on ordering their Evo 4C640 Lithium Pro Kit w/Charger ,here is the link http://jawdropracing.com/4c640.html. Also if anyone has any other suggestions on where to get lithium batts i would like to know but i am kinda short on money so it cant be alot.

SUPERSHELBY
03-09-2007, 05:34 PM
www.VoltekRC.com .......they have good liths

www.Undergroundxmods.com .......they have good liths 2

#1_05mustang
03-09-2007, 05:36 PM
I also need a charger though thats cheap.

SUPERSHELBY
03-09-2007, 05:37 PM
http://www.undergroundxmods.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=36_57&products_id=46&osCsid=7df863fddc14d598150ea65c6411a123

thats a cheap 1

#1_05mustang
03-09-2007, 05:39 PM
theyre sold out and i wanted something that is the batts and charger for under 40 dollars.

Iche-1
03-09-2007, 05:48 PM
theyre sold out and i wanted something that is the batts and charger for under 40 dollars.

my brother and i got jdr liths and they worked fine.

i went to batteryspace.com and got some lithium batteries and made my own.

the smart charger you got from jdr will charge any lithium ion packs. that same charger works on my homemade lith packs.

#1_05mustang
03-09-2007, 05:50 PM
my brother and i got jdr liths and they worked fine.

i went to batteryspace.com and got some lithium batteries and made my own.

the smart charger you got from jdr will charge any lithium ion packs. that same charger works on my homemade lith packs.

was it hard soldering the dean plug thing that comes with the jdr kit to the batteries?also do you have any pics of your homemade kits and how much was everything to make the kit/where did you get everything from.

Iche-1
03-09-2007, 06:01 PM
was it hard soldering the dean plug thing that comes with the jdr kit to the batteries?also do you have any pics of your homemade kits and how much was everything to make the kit/where did you get everything from.

i can take some pics....since it was my 1st time doing it i got the packs with wire tabs on the battery. i twisted the wire through and around the hole and used solder to hold it in place. i got 4 aa lithium batteries from batteryspace and deans plugs from AM.

so for a little under $30 bucks i made 2 lith packs.:)

edit pics...
i had the liths wrapped completely in black tape but the realized they would fit better in the position they are now in. all the dirt you see is from me riding in the mud ...lol

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p86/psfights123/100_2317.jpg
http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p86/psfights123/100_2319.jpg

heres the other set i havent put together.
http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p86/psfights123/100_2318.jpg

im going to try doing a jdr set up next

#1_05mustang
03-09-2007, 06:09 PM
ok thanks, what kind of charger are you using and how much was it?Also would this charger work with 2 liion cells like yours Iche-1 .http://www.batteryspace.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=1121

Iche-1
03-09-2007, 06:20 PM
ok thanks, what kind of charger are you using and how much was it?Also would this charger work with 2 liion cells like yours Iche-1 .http://www.batteryspace.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=1121

any smart charger should work the the lithium-ion set ups. the only thing i dont like about the charger in the link is the connections...it will need deans micro connects. didnt you say you did have a JDR charger...that will work.

i use the JDR charger on all my liths.

#1_05mustang
03-09-2007, 09:10 PM
no idont have a jdr charger. But my plans would be to get 4 aa single cell battery holders from rs and then i would wire up two of them to my board. Then i would wire the other two like the first ones i would wire up and just use that as a charging tray. I would use the alligator clips to connect them to the wires of the charging tray. im using the single aa holder and wiring those up instead of wiring the batteries directly so i can just pop them out and put them in the charger tray. Do you get what im saying?

Edit: what do you guys think about this batt pack. The guy says its 8.4 volts but i dont think it is because its only 4 aaa batts. http://cgi.ebay.com/XMODS-EVO-DMT-2XP-LITHIUM-POWER-SYSTEM-w-charger_W0QQitemZ120094618862QQcategoryZ34063QQssP ageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Iche-1
03-09-2007, 11:58 PM
no idont have a jdr charger. But my plans would be to get 4 aa single cell battery holders from rs and then i would wire up two of them to my board. Then i would wire the other two like the first ones i would wire up and just use that as a charging tray. I would use the alligator clips to connect them to the wires of the charging tray. im using the single aa holder and wiring those up instead of wiring the batteries directly so i can just pop them out and put them in the charger tray. Do you get what im saying?

Edit: what do you guys think about this batt pack. The guy says its 8.4 volts but i dont think it is because its only 4 aaa batts. http://cgi.ebay.com/XMODS-EVO-DMT-2XP-LITHIUM-POWER-SYSTEM-w-charger_W0QQitemZ120094618862QQcategoryZ34063QQssP ageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

that looks good...but if youre going to pay that much you might as well get them from a reputable place like Xi or AM.

#1_05mustang
03-10-2007, 12:01 AM
i think im just gonna go with jdr, thanks for all the help.

Iche-1
03-10-2007, 01:32 AM
i think im just gonna go with jdr, thanks for all the help.

i would...i have 2 sets of them! just email him for availability 1st...that way youll know if it may take longer than usual.

im more than happy with my liths from jdr

diymod
03-15-2007, 02:56 PM
Sorry guys, but I had to register to this forum only to defend my products. I usually don't even let people know that I run an online business. My DMT 2xp Lithium Ion battery for the xmods evo is one of the BEST values for lithium Ion Power. It includes a smart charger and is a COMPLETE system. It uses 4 AAA lithium Ion cells wired in a 2p2s configuration that does put out 8.4 volts and is 600 mah. The cells I use have factory solder tabs welded to them and then are soldered by ME at the tabs for the correct configuration to fit in the evo chassis. They are then shrink wrapped and equipped with DEANS micro connectors and 20 guage superflex wire. A board harness is included to be soldered to the xmod evo electronics board. I don't make all that much money on the system, but I do offer it as one of my products in addition to the fet packages and PN Racing Motors I sell. If one was to buy the charger and cells separately the cost would be almost the same or more than my ready to install system. As for nuke mods , I have nothing against them, just that I feel that I am just as REPUTABLE and ship my items in most cases the NEXT DAY. In addition, check out my ebay store and all my POSITIVE FEEDBACK!!! goto www.diyminituner.com and check our products
thank you so much for the opportunity to voice my opinions.
[email protected]

Life
03-15-2007, 04:31 PM
i am planning to buy a set of rc express li-pos will they work wit jdr smart charger

#1_05mustang
03-15-2007, 05:33 PM
Sorry guys, but I had to register to this forum only to defend my products. I usually don't even let people know that I run an online business. My DMT 2xp Lithium Ion battery for the xmods evo is one of the BEST values for lithium Ion Power. It includes a smart charger and is a COMPLETE system. It uses 4 AAA lithium Ion cells wired in a 2p2s configuration that does put out 8.4 volts and is 600 mah. The cells I use have factory solder tabs welded to them and then are soldered by ME at the tabs for the correct configuration to fit in the evo chassis. They are then shrink wrapped and equipped with DEANS micro connectors and 20 guage superflex wire. A board harness is included to be soldered to the xmod evo electronics board. I don't make all that much money on the system, but I do offer it as one of my products in addition to the fet packages and PN Racing Motors I sell. If one was to buy the charger and cells separately the cost would be almost the same or more than my ready to install system. As for nuke mods , I have nothing against them, just that I feel that I am just as REPUTABLE and ship my items in most cases the NEXT DAY. In addition, check out my ebay store and all my POSITIVE FEEDBACK!!! goto www.diyminituner.com and check our products
thank you so much for the opportunity to voice my opinions.
[email protected]

do you mean when they are full charged they put out 8.4 volts because i think that when you put 4 aaa lithium batts in a 2s2p pack that it is still 7.4 volts. I raelly was considering buying from you i was just wondering because i dont want to run exactly 8.4 volts on my board when the max is 8.4.

diymod
03-17-2007, 10:35 AM
hi,
If I am not mistaken, all lithium ion and polymer cells have what is called a nominal voltage of 3.6-3.7volts and when fully charged, put out 4.2volts. There are only a few exceptions, that being c123 cells used in some photography applications that charge from 3.0 to 3.6 volts and other lithium Iron cells that have similar voltage.
thanks,
mike

#1_05mustang
03-17-2007, 05:39 PM
hi,
If I am not mistaken, all lithium ion and polymer cells have what is called a nominal voltage of 3.6-3.7volts and when fully charged, put out 4.2volts. There are only a few exceptions, that being c123 cells used in some photography applications that charge from 3.0 to 3.6 volts and other lithium Iron cells that have similar voltage.
thanks,
mike

ok thanks when i earn uo enough money i will be buying some liths from you:D