PDA

View Full Version : adding an additional battery

galymede
03-03-2007, 09:22 AM
hey, would it be effective at all to add just 1 AA battery to the existing 4AAA in a gen 1 car? I just happen to have an single AA holder lying around...

superinfinity
03-03-2007, 09:35 AM
yes. It's a good upgrade but adds weight

mustang-04
03-03-2007, 10:00 AM
really? 1 AA and 4AAA is good?

cause ive got some killer 2600mah AA's lying around to go with my 1000mah AAA duracells..

i thought you wernt supposed to mix batteries??? :P

jpringlephoto
03-03-2007, 10:19 AM
Its far better to lighten the whole thing and use two lithium 3.4V

BART
03-03-2007, 10:56 AM
really? 1 AA and 4AAA is good?

cause ive got some killer 2600mah AA's lying around to go with my 1000mah AAA duracells..

i thought you wernt supposed to mix batteries??? :P

You are correct, dont mix them.

galymede
03-03-2007, 11:03 AM
It seems to work pretty sweet so far. It's the same name brand of rechargable battery.
It was extremely easy to add an additional battery cell - if anyone has never tried it.

I attached some pictures ;)

ferrarip4.5
03-03-2007, 10:13 PM
i did the mod yesterday and the AA batt barely fit in my skyline body, without the batt holder, can yours fit?

btw you are not supposed to mix different types of batts, like Nickle metal hydrite with nickle cadium...or lith with other types, just because the same type of batts have different capacities doesnt mean you cant use them together

BART
03-03-2007, 10:45 PM
i did the mod yesterday and the AA batt barely fit in my skyline body, without the batt holder, can yours fit?

btw you are not supposed to mix different types of batts, like Nickle metal hydrite with nickle cadium...or lith with other types, just because the same type of batts have different capacities doesnt mean you cant use them together

You CAN use them together however as the aaa's discharge the aa will have to work harder to keep the overall voltage up by replenishing the aaa's. Mah isn't the only thing to look at, aa batteries also deliver more current which will be forced through the lower current aaa's.

ferrarip4.5
03-03-2007, 10:53 PM
dude you just said in an earlier post "dont mix them"

BART
03-03-2007, 11:24 PM
dude you just said in an earlier post "dont mix them"

Correct, as you CAN mix oil and water...but you shouldnt, just because something is physically possible dosent mean it is right. Which is why i explained not to do it.

ferrarip4.5
03-03-2007, 11:29 PM
you saying itll damage the AAAs?

NON_SKID
03-03-2007, 11:36 PM
if i were you i wouldnt do it it adds weight and like he said when the aaa's die the aa will still have some charge there for push your car with one battery after 15 mins
i like the fact that this is a battery post and there is advertisment for batteries at the bottom

BART
03-03-2007, 11:47 PM
you saying itll damage the AAAs?

One aa will probably never hurt 4 aaa's, but planes will probably never hit the world trade center either. Seriously though, it's just not a good practice to follow, all batteries should be matched for peak performance.

ferrarip4.5
03-03-2007, 11:53 PM
i hear ya, i was gonna replace the AA with two AAAs anyways

galymede
03-04-2007, 11:05 PM

I got it to fit, but I was not able to "close" the body all the way -- I could not get the holder thing to click in... There's just not enough room under the skyline body..

But it was just a test to see how'd it work; I am getting 2x AAA holder soon and i'm going to add that in, instead of the AA

ferrarip4.5
03-06-2007, 12:25 AM
ya the batt can fit on the car but i can barely get it to close.