PDA

View Full Version : AA conversion

Azngtboi88
03-01-2007, 01:38 PM
Would this be a good idea? I have 2000mAH 1.2V AA that I would like to use on my xmod. Would it be better than using AAA? What kind of gains would I be looking at? Ive looked into Lith-ions but they are just too expensive for me right now

joe913
03-01-2007, 04:06 PM
You would probably gain added run-time since the AA batts have a larger capacity than AAAs. But the voltage is still the same so you would not get an increase in speed. Also, the AAs are significantly heavier than AAAs so they would be likely to just slow you down. If you don't want to get liths you can get more speed from a 1-3 cell upgrade and run 5-7 AAA batteries. 8 batteries would be too much voltage and stuff would start frying. Do a search and you'll easily find a tutorial on how to do that. It is a very inexpensive upgrade.

BlackSky909
03-01-2007, 04:50 PM
Just really get more run-time, and more weight. Go lithium!

Azngtboi88
03-01-2007, 04:53 PM
lol but it cost too much money! College is killing me right now. and i dont have a job either! lol....maybe later when i actually get a job. I guess i can just do the 6 cell conversion or something for now.

BlackSky909
03-01-2007, 04:58 PM
lol but it cost too much money! College is killing me right now. and i dont have a job either! lol....maybe later when i actually get a job. I guess i can just do the 6 cell conversion or something for now.

Yea dude, I guess whatever fits your budget. 6-cell is a good amount of power and isnt that heavy, you also may want to consider a 5-cell less weight and also a great amount of power and easy to fit under the body. But when you get a chance go lithium.

Azngtboi88
03-01-2007, 04:58 PM
sure will. thanks for the advice! I just need enough juice to beat my little brother for now haha

BlackSky909
03-01-2007, 04:59 PM
sure will. thanks for the advice! I just need enough juice to beat my little brother for now haha

Lol then yea a 5, 6-cell would be plenty..

Azngtboi88
03-01-2007, 05:00 PM
Oh and i have one more question, Would i have to bypass the on/off switch? I would rather not do that. I was thinking about just adding the extra batteries in series with the others. would that work?

BlackSky909
03-01-2007, 05:02 PM
Oh and i have one more question, Would i have to bypass the on/off switch? I would rather not do that. I was thinking about just adding the extra batteries in series with the others. would that work?

No you dont have to, and yes that will work.

Azngtboi88
03-01-2007, 05:07 PM
Cool cool...im gonna run to radio shack and get a batter holder!!

BlackSky909
03-01-2007, 05:37 PM
Cool cool...im gonna run to radio shack and get a batter holder!!

Let us know how it turns out, and just ask if you need help.

BART
03-02-2007, 01:59 AM
You would probably gain added run-time since the AA batts have a larger capacity than AAAs. But the voltage is still the same so you would not get an increase in speed. Also, the AAs are significantly heavier than AAAs so they would be likely to just slow you down. If you don't want to get liths you can get more speed from a 1-3 cell upgrade and run 5-7 AAA batteries. 8 batteries would be too much voltage and stuff would start frying. Do a search and you'll easily find a tutorial on how to do that. It is a very inexpensive upgrade.

Pay attention to this guy...he is right on the money.