PDA

View Full Version : Assembly Question--locking clip

sme
11-30-2004, 07:51 PM
I'm just starting with the assembly of a corvette and when I assemble the chassis and the body the instructions talk about securing the rear with the "locking clip". I can't secure the two pieces and before I break something I thought I would seek advice. Does the rear of the body secure with the chassis or not? Thanks for any help.

XRL15thplaceskyline
11-30-2004, 08:02 PM
on the rear of the body there sould be a black clip, and on you chassis there should be a little opening, when you put the body on you make sure you put the front in first and the black clip should go right in place then slide the clip on the chassis to lock it on!!!!!!!! :P :P

sme
11-30-2004, 10:33 PM
Thanks for the reply. What you described is what I did and everything seems to fit but turning the locking clip does not lock anything together on my car. I may be missing something obvious or I've got a defect.

XRL15thplaceskyline
12-01-2004, 02:38 PM
if you only move it a little, it ha sto be all the way over(the clip) if you cant to it with your finger push it over with a screw driver!!!!!!

hope that helps!!!

viperdout
12-01-2004, 04:34 PM
just push it down until the back clips in, then, turn the little arm on the bottom and it'll hold it on.

sme
12-01-2004, 11:59 PM
Thanks again for a reply but I must have the wrong clip in the body because it will not lock. Has anyone else had the problem with the vette?

viperdout
12-02-2004, 04:37 PM
Thanks again for a reply but I must have the wrong clip in the body because it will not lock. Has anyone else had the problem with the vette?

If it is going through the rear frame, and you can lift it by the body without the chassis falling off, then it is clipped in.

sme
12-03-2004, 05:31 PM
The clip is aligning with the slot at the rear of the frame but nothing is locking it so when I pick the car up by the body the only thing holding on is the front.

viperdout
12-03-2004, 07:09 PM
The clip is aligning with the slot at the rear of the frame but nothing is locking it so when I pick the car up by the body the only thing holding on is the front.

Did you follow the driections in the owners manual?

sme
12-03-2004, 08:40 PM
I've gone through the manual several times. I'll try it again.

Torres
12-04-2004, 07:19 PM
i had this problem 2 on my rsx with the light kit on....and the wires were in the way 2 lock up the clip.......make sure its not pinchin' the wires......just in case u have the light kit. if not go back 2 RS and get another one.

hope u fix it

l8er

Torres

StiXxX
12-04-2004, 08:01 PM
yea :lol:
stupid light kit wires or my extra cell packs always get in the way :lol:

livestrong350z
12-04-2004, 09:54 PM
well when i got my mustang body
the body wouldnt go down
i found that my battery clips were in the way

i just moved them back and it fit perfect

try that and see if it works

sme
12-08-2004, 11:25 PM
Issue Resolved- I went back to RS to look at some cars that were assembled and I saw that the black clip that comes attached to the body has a raised surface(a hook) on the end that really does clip on to the chassis when pressed. The clip in my vette is flat on both sides--no hook and therefore nothing to lock it together. I 'll exchange it.

viperdout
12-09-2004, 04:29 PM
Issue Resolved- I went back to RS to look at some cars that were assembled and I saw that the black clip that comes attached to the body has a raised surface(a hook) on the end that really does clip on to the chassis when pressed. The clip in my vette is flat on both sides--no hook and therefore nothing to lock it together. I 'll exchange it.

It had no hook? Wow, RS is really sucking lately.