PDA

View Full Version : They see me rollin on the dyno...

TheB1GDude
02-28-2007, 01:05 PM
This is my Impreza after I upgraded it to have 8-cells, shortly after doing this I realized how unsafe it was because the stock board can only handle 8.2 volts and I was putting 9.6 volts through it! So I reverted it back to a 6-cell

Too much power can be bad!!

Iche-1
02-28-2007, 01:55 PM
nice......i checked your site too. nice mods.

TheB1GDude
02-28-2007, 03:39 PM
nice......i checked your site too. nice mods.

Thank you! Feedback is much appreciated!!

Also stay tunned because I am about to release pics of my finished Honda Civic Project Car.

rolcol
02-28-2007, 04:17 PM
nice rides. civic is sweet looking. i got my truck the color of ur skyline

BlackSky909
02-28-2007, 06:18 PM
53 KMH= how many MPH? Even if it was safe to run 8 volts it would be useless with all of that weight.

THE EDJ
02-28-2007, 06:25 PM
around 30 MPH, so pretty fast for an xmod!

BlackSky909
02-28-2007, 06:30 PM
around 30 MPH, so pretty fast for an xmod!

Yea it is, but I doubt he could mount and body on that and if he did he still has one heavy *** xmod that all its about good for is drag.

mini-z drift
02-28-2007, 06:36 PM
nice...nice paintjob on your skyline on your site

mod edit: please stay on topic next time

THE EDJ
02-28-2007, 06:37 PM
apparently the subaru body fits an 8 cell, read that on biline.ca/pimpmymod, but you are very correct about it not going that fast on the track. track speed and dyno speed are two totally different things because the dyno has almost no actual load on it.

and mini-z drift what does your post have to do with this topic? if you want to say stuff like that please use pm's. if this were my forum to moderate you would be getting an infraction because I have seen this before from you. Please read the rules and please abide by them.

Thanks,

THE EDJ - Modification Moderator

TheB1GDude
02-28-2007, 07:48 PM
Yeap the 8-cell setup will only go with a Subaru Impreza body but its way to much power for the stock electronics!

Also as others point out it is to much weight! Hence the Impreza now runs a lith instead!

Its still pretty fast on the track but it is true that track vs dyno speed is totally different, however for a gen1 car it definitely shifts!!

Archon_Ramie
02-28-2007, 09:49 PM
Those dyno things are really cool. With the v 2.2 would a car be able to handle 8 cells?

btw, whenever I see the title of your post I can't get that stupid rap song out of my head. "Tryna catch me ridin' dirty."

DRFTKO
02-28-2007, 09:53 PM
Those dyno things are really cool. With the v 2.2 would a car be able to handle 8 cells?

btw, whenever I see the title of your post I can't get that stupid rap song out of my head. "Tryna catch me ridin' dirty."

you forgot about "white and Nerdy" (that is what the title reminds me of), an even bigger hit:) . Anyway, that is one fast xmod, I am going to have to buy one of those dynos, they seem worth the money. The dyno sounds like a microwave...lol:lol:

Kenneth
03-01-2007, 05:30 PM
how much can i get a dyno thing 4 and where can i get it

DRFTKO
03-01-2007, 05:55 PM
how much can i get a dyno thing 4 and where can i get it

that was a little off topic, but anyway, I have only seen them on ebay, I have not noticed them anywhere else. The price range is usually around $25 sipped for one

TheB1GDude
03-02-2007, 11:31 AM
that was a little off topic, but anyway, I have only seen them on ebay, I have not noticed them anywhere else. The price range is usually around $25 sipped for one

There is an online store that sells them as well - price is about the same and they normally dont have any in stock! I think its rc mart....