PDA

View Full Version : subaru problems

minesskylineracer
02-25-2007, 02:12 PM
for anyone that has actual mechanical knowhow i have a 93 subaru loyale 1.8l and when i bought it it had a broken timingbelt replaced it put in new plugs wires and dist. rotor and car started for about 2 minutes and shut off it wont idle when it starts could it be my m.a.f. censor? or map censor or what im having trouble and any help would be greatly appreciated

DRFTKO
02-25-2007, 03:19 PM
make sure the maf censor is good and clean, dont think that would shut your car off though, it would make it run real bad. Not too sure though, would have to be there to know exactly. Check various censors for resistance and voltage if you have access to a good multi-meter (DVOM).

Luk3
02-25-2007, 03:39 PM
all i have to say is ask chux...he's the subbie guy

BlackSky909
02-25-2007, 08:25 PM
Where is Skyline he should have moved this :|

Oh yea I know what your problem is.. You see its a Subaru. Just messin.

BART
02-25-2007, 10:02 PM
Check your cam timing...if it is off by more than 1 tooth it will not run. I am not sure if this is a 0 clearance engine or not but if it is not and the timing belt broke you most likely bent a valve or 2.

Azngtboi88
02-25-2007, 11:46 PM
try starting the car with the maf unplugged. it would make the car run in limp mode. if it runs then your maf or af mixture is off

Flat 4 Racing
02-26-2007, 07:35 PM
for anyone that has actual mechanical knowhow i have a 93 subaru loyale 1.8l and when i bought it it had a broken timingbelt replaced it put in new plugs wires and dist. rotor and car started for about 2 minutes and shut off it wont idle when it starts could it be my m.a.f. censor? or map censor or what im having trouble and any help would be greatly appreciated

Contact a buddy of mine, Tim, at [email protected]. He's a Subie fanatic and I think he has a 1.8 in his 1986 RX.

Just tell him that Dan referred you to him.

minesskylineracer
02-26-2007, 08:12 PM
thanks for the advice it doesn't have a bent valve i checked for that first off i got it to run finally the spark was off by 180 somehow i overlooked that now im just wondering if anyone knows where to get a full exhaust system for it ive searched online for hours and can only find portions hangers mufflers catalysts etc i need from the head to the muffler if anyone finds one thanks

DRFTKO
02-26-2007, 09:25 PM
thanks for the advice it doesn't have a bent valve i checked for that first off i got it to run finally the spark was off by 180 somehow i overlooked that now im just wondering if anyone knows where to get a full exhaust system for it ive searched online for hours and can only find portions hangers mufflers catalysts etc i need from the head to the muffler if anyone finds one thanks

just contact local exhaust shops, they will be happy to help you out and get you a complete system

Numbchux
02-27-2007, 12:34 AM

why do you need a full exhaust setup? I've had 4 cars running that motor....2 of them were lifted. there isn't any power to be had from an exhaust setup, that motor doesn't push enough air to make a difference. gut your cats, replace the muffler with a decent glasspack (I had a thrush and it sounded very nice).

if you're just looking for a replacement setup, it's going to have to be used...find a junkyard, or try www.ultimatesubaru.org

minesskylineracer
02-27-2007, 08:42 PM
im not looking for it because its slow its just that when i bought it it had the catylitic converters cut off for some reason so it has 3 inch pipes coming from the block then going 2 nothing im thinking true dual though i just don't have the time 2 fab it nor the cash 2 pay a muffler shop 2 do it and i tried the local salvage yards only one had my car and its cats were gone also so that was pretty useless also has anyone tried this http://www.autodirectsave.com/prod/Tornado/Air_Intakes/All/Tornado_Super_Charger/17725 its a good concept even if it doesnt force air in it will pretty much run a vortec type intake and add a little power just wondering if anyone has good comments about it , it seems like the car would run cooler not having the air sitting in the intake box as long

Numbchux
02-27-2007, 09:31 PM
don't ever get one of those vortex things...you'd see about the same effectiveness by shoving a piece of paper towel in your intake.

where are you located?

your exhaust options are pretty much either straight up custom, or used.