PDA

View Full Version : 2007 Toyota Tundra

Firebirdman
02-24-2007, 11:00 PM
For a while now, we've been drooling over these new beasts, and today, I got dropped off at my friends house, and later, when my dad came to pick me up, he texted me and told me to come meet him outside. Glancing out my friends front door, I caught a glimpse of a big, red, pick-up truck nose, and knowing my dad drives a '92 silver toyota camry, I knew something was up, so
I threw on my shoes and ran outside to see what was up... sure enough, to my surprise, the nose was the big nose of a red 2007 Toyota Tundra crewcab, std. bed, 5.7L V8. Lol, I ran out and jumped in, not even paying attention to make sure it was my dad, I just knew, after all the talk we had about them. So now, finally, we got one, and man, theyre even more massive and amazing in person. Our next steps our we need to put in a diamond-plate toolbox, running boards (cuz my dad has a bad back), a set of offroad tires to go with the 4x4, and some other goodies. I'm so excited, and can't wait to go do some four-wheeling.

Lol, also that means i get his camry too, which is great, because we have it suped up like crazy, new transmission, 350 crate motor, soon-to-be custom painted, all kinds, but it looks like a stock camry, so its an awesome sleeper. A few more months and i get my liscense, so I'm stoked right now, lol.

jabari
02-24-2007, 11:09 PM
you so lucky. i really want a four door tacoma. toyota makes some durable *** trucks.

Firebirdman
02-24-2007, 11:24 PM
Yeah they do, we've always have owned either dodge or toyota, and are now like full-on toyota. Theyre such great vehicles, like my 92 camry is still like mint condition. This truck is amazing, and it has so many extra features. Ill get some pictures up soon, I'll probably have to take them with my phone, since my camera SUCKS! lol

DRFTKO
02-25-2007, 12:53 AM
wow congrats to your father for being so **** lucky and getting a sweet truck and congrats to you on getting the Camry, I would love to see some pics:)

Numbchux
02-25-2007, 12:53 AM
new tundra > *

Firebirdman
02-25-2007, 12:50 PM
Im gonna take some pics soon, and get them posted, of my new camry, and his Tundra. Also, thanks for all the feedback! The truck is awesome..we passed some guy in his lifted for f350 diesel, and ours was HIGHER, lol, we have 18" WHEELS, forget the monster tires, that came STOCK with the offroad package. We've owned dodges, chevys, fords and other trucks in our time before, but NONE of them compare to this one. It combines the sporty body style, monster V8 engine, luxurious interior, and awesome offroad package all in one beautiful truck. Lol,even though it's gonna be a far cry before i ever get let behind the wheel, I love the truck like its my own (and it will be someday, lol) Now its time for all the fancy upgrades; offroad wheels, KC rollbar, brush gaurd, headers, running boards, the works!

xmodkidd33
02-25-2007, 01:16 PM
lucky. My dad things the Toyotas are ugly, even though I keep telling him to buy one. Also congrats on the Camry. Post pics soon!

thrillbilly
02-25-2007, 02:25 PM
Lol, also that means i get his camry too, which is great, because we have it suped up like crazy, new transmission, 350 crate motor, soon-to-be custom painted, all kinds, but it looks like a stock camry, so its an awesome sleeper. A few more months and i get my liscense, so I'm stoked right now, lol.

whatever no way you have a 350 in a toyota camry???

DRFTKO
02-25-2007, 03:20 PM
whatever no way you have a 350 in a toyota camry???

you would be surprised, ive seen a civic with a 5.0 in it, had to have custom fenders and a lot of fabrication just to get the engine in the engine bay, but it worked out

Firebirdman
02-25-2007, 05:56 PM
my dad owns his own autobody shop, and he had to rebuild the engine area to fit it, but he put it in.

thrillbilly
02-25-2007, 06:45 PM
ide like to see some proof.....

DRFTKO
02-25-2007, 07:01 PM
ide like to see some proof.....

i dont have any pics or anything but believe what you want, I dont care if you dont believe me (isnt this the second time you started a flame war with me?). Now lests get back on topic

Firebirdman
02-25-2007, 07:54 PM
yeah, don't worry about it, thank you drftko, but anyways, Ill have some pics of my babies up soon enough.

Numbchux
02-25-2007, 07:54 PM
i dont have any pics or anything but believe what you want, I dont care if you dont believe me (isnt this the second time you started a flame war with me?). Now lests get back on topic

relax. I don't think he was even talking to you.

when it comes to today's trucks, just take a look at their ad campaigns....

domestics brag about how little they cost

imports talk about real specs, like hp, towing rating (and they just come out and say how much they can tow....none of this 'highest in their class' BS), brake packages, etc.

DRFTKO
02-25-2007, 07:56 PM
relax. I don't think he was even talking to you.

when it comes to today's trucks, just take a look at their ad campaigns....

domestics brag about how little they cost

imports talk about real specs, like hp, towing rating (and they just come out and say how much they can tow....none of this 'highest in their class' BS), brake packages, etc.

wow, that is the most brilliant and true thing that I have heard in a while, thank you very much for stating that fact:) :p Kudos for that statement:nod:

Firebirdman
02-25-2007, 09:19 PM
Ok, i got some stats on the tundra as well; its got:
-381HP
-6 speed automation transmission, but the option where you can still shift up and down as well
-jbl speakers and sound system
-10,300lb towing capacity
-4X4
-TRD Offroad Package
And so much more, I can't even list it all.

Yeah, my dad has owned domestics before, and its so true what you said, all the competitive price comparisons and the flashy pictures, while the imports stick to just what you want to hear; HP, options, solid price, how fast, what it pulls, etc.

texan_idiot25
03-12-2007, 01:28 AM
Its butt ugly... And arent you the guy who said you had a dodge, then the next week said on XMW that you had a ford... whos description was exactle the same as th e dodge, then never returned?

You do know that the towing capacity isnt in reality 10,300lbs right? All in all, their ok, but are over priced, cheap feeling (not a toyota 'quality' interior), ugly, and arent actualy a ton better than their american opposition. Their comercials pride on better brakes, but have the same 133ft stopping distance as a Silverado....

Numbchux
03-12-2007, 01:49 AM
who cares if it's ugly?! if you're buying a truck for it's looks....you should be in a minivan.

texan_idiot25
03-12-2007, 01:55 AM
Its substance isnt much of anything either, and is that a serious comment? Id be ashamed if you bought something thats ugly, over priced, and barely anything better than the Big3's trucks.

Not to mention minivans arent much to look at either.

REDisFASTER
03-12-2007, 02:53 AM
Its substance isnt much of anything either, and is that a serious comment? Id be ashamed if you bought something thats ugly, over priced, and barely anything better than the Big3's trucks.

Not to mention minivans arent much to look at either.

But wait 'til you see what Malaysians are doing to thier vans... Sooo VIP. If you want pics, browse the gallery of VIPstyle Society. I can't post the URL (its a forum). Just google it.

I think people would probably buy the Tundra just because of Toyota's reliability. Though it seems that most Japanese-branded trucks are made in US now. If people buy it, there must be a reason, either they're die-hard Toyota fans or something more. I think there has only been one Japanese-branded truck that had awful sales. I believe it to be the Honda Ridgeline. That truck doesn't look like a truck, and if you didn't choose the 4WD model, you got stuck with a front-wheel drive truck! Since when in history have we had FWD trucks?

I have a gut-feeling that this thread will end up to be a war between truck manufacturers...

texan_idiot25
03-12-2007, 03:10 AM
No, the Titan's sales have dropped considerably due to its lack of reliability... And the ridgeline was a joke of a true truck. Kinda just lacked everything that makes a truck, a truck... Bad at offroading, only a V6(and a weak one at that), fwd(I dont remember that), bad towing capacity, and finally it looked wierd.

As for this truck, and Motortrend makes the best example, is Toyota only aimed for one demographic, and thats the middle optioned truck. The topend tundra is 3 grand or so over a similarly eqiupped (and better optioned at that) GM truck, primarily the Silverado. And its base is over 5 grand more than the Silverado's, so there goes any fleet sales the Tundra could have gotten.

But all is lost of the Tundra next year when the Cadi's 400hp V8 and 6speed auto leak down to the Chevys.

Have you read about the frame one the Tundra, its an interesting design. Like the front is hyrdoformed, center is boxed, and the rear is c channel. Dont get the point of it, the GMT900s are all hydroformed. Bigger brakes, but the thing stops identically (133ft) to the Silverado with the factory 20's(or 19's?). And its front brakes are less than an inch bigger... but the rears are about 2 inches larger than the Silverados I think. The braking #s would maybe be different under similar loads.

Next up, is the reliability of this new V8 and 6speed, both of which are unproven for toyota.

Its an interesting entry to the fullsize truck lineup, for once an import has made and truck that can be a player, but if toyota cant aim this truck right, its useless. And their not aiming right. :eyecraz:

kase1233
03-12-2007, 09:50 AM
u guys are just sour cuz u drive something crappy so stop knocking that boy for movin up in the world i mean relly wut is bad about buying a new truck got feel superior somewere else becuse that aint cool ohh and by the way with the right money and tools u can put any motor on any car

texan_idiot25
03-13-2007, 05:44 PM
u guys are just sour cuz u drive something crappy so stop knocking that boy for movin up in the world i mean relly wut is bad about buying a new truck got feel superior somewere else becuse that aint cool ohh and by the way with the right money and tools u can put any motor on any car

Sour because I drive something crappy? How about a 1969 Chevy CST/10? Hell, more valuable than this Tundra will ever be.

By the way, hes more than likely BS'n. I have an old thread here for a 1998 GMC Jimmy that he claimed to have a Red Dodge ram, then on xmodworld.com said the exact description, only it was an F150 this time around. So, unless he gets a picture of my screen name written on a piece of paper, taken infront of the grille, and infront of the guages (so you cant just walk to the parking lot when you see onw) then Ill believe him. Shouldnt be hard if its sitting in his drive way. :lol:;)

edit, heres the links
http://www.xmodsource.com/forum/showpost.php?p=43765&postcount=14
http://www.xmodworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=182413#182413

Now you see why I think theres no tundra in his driveway?

Firebirdman
03-13-2007, 07:15 PM
First of all, to clear **** up, my family goes through cars, like we go through food. It's ridiculous, and yes, I've owned both a dodge ram (not by me personally, my brothers truck, I just like claiming it :D ) although it's now sold, and the f350 I mentioned, which is my off-duty toy, and because I'm in the Enfield Police Department, I've also got lights and a siren in it, in case of an emergency or off-duty call (if you know anything about police or firefighters, you know what I'm talking about). The f350 is in the back, because the diesel for it is a *****, prices are just too high. My dad had been driving the '92 camry because he's owned all kinds of vehicles, and so far, by his PREFERENCE, he prefers the toyotas, because of their reliability. Recently, he bought the '07 tundra, not for me, so don't be making off like I'm saying it's mine, that's his baby, not mine, and he loves it so far. To this point, you've got no right to be knocking on the tundra. So far, it's been one of the best trucks we've had in the family... You need to own one before you can start talking $hit, so next time, do us all a favor, and just hold your breath.
Thanks, -FBM

P.S.- about the pictures, I didn't take them, I don't have a working camera as of right now, so my dad took some pics of it at the Gale Toyota lot, and then after it got out of the carwash. I'll edit this post momentarily after I put the pics into photobucket.

EDIT:
http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u136/drek1991/th_Truck.jpg (http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u136/drek1991/Truck.jpg)
http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u136/drek1991/th_Picture023.jpg (http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u136/drek1991/Picture023.jpg)

texan_idiot25
03-13-2007, 08:11 PM
Colorful story, but alot of BS. On the F350 and Ram, something tells me those two were both almost the same story, minus the truck names. With in the same few days too. So lets see the both that both match that description... ;)

I dont need to own the thing to tell the facts. If I can sit inside and say the interior feels cheap, I did. If I say that the braking (one of their key thing in advertisement) is exactly the same (133ft, pick up this issue of Motortrend if you wish) I will. If I think its ugly, I dont need to own it to see that it is. Go check the pricing yourself to see, that again, my statements are rather fact based.

Is Toyota's new engine and 6-speed trans been long-term tested? Nope. So reliability has yet to be seen.

So, do me a favor, and read up about the Tundra

Firebirdman
03-13-2007, 08:49 PM
Isn't there like some new rule about people doing this kinda stuff? just coming into someones thread and dropping a bomb, and then constantly just rag on and on about it too??? First of all, the ram has been sold, a while ago, it was an 02, and now my brothers got a silverado or 1500, w/e they are. The f350, i dont have any pics of personally. Second, I don't care about what you thought the "interior felt like". It's far from cheap, and they are multiple fabric and material options, so the odds of what you graced, and what we own, are slim. Braking and towing....Who seriously gives two $hits?? I'm sure my dad could care less about slamming to a stop from 60 mph or driving up some ramp, having it spin, and then stop on a dime, all while towing a huge load...last i checked, he doesn't do that all too often. And if you think it's ugly, GREAT, I don't, and personally i think the silverado's and all that crap is ugly as well, but that's a matter of opinion, and one could pointlessly argue about it all day. So really, just get over it, you wanna call me a bull****ter fine, go ahead, believe what you wanna believe, but in the meantime, don't be interupting my threads to do so. I posted this just so people could know a little about them, and talk about the tundras, and how much they like them. I don't recall asking anyone to compare them to a silverado or w/e for me. So again just drop it. Instead, find a silverdo/chevy thread, and go talk there. Here, we're talking about the perks in the tundra. :D -FBM

P.S. True, the tundra's new V8 will be tested for reliablity, and we're definitely putting it to the test. So far, its been just fine. I'll be sure to let everyone know when the slightest mishap comes up with it, so everyone knows. Thanks

DRFTKO
03-13-2007, 09:09 PM
Isn't there like some new rule about people doing this kinda stuff? just coming into someones thread and dropping a bomb, and then constantly just rag on and on about it too???

yes it is called flamming (flame war) and you guys need to chill out or this thread will be closed by the mod of this section

Firebirdman
03-13-2007, 09:18 PM
Thank you, 'nuff said. :)

REDisFASTER
03-13-2007, 09:24 PM
I believe we need to create a new forum-wide rule; no brand/company wars.

But I agree with DRFTKO, clean it up guys. No more back and fourth wars. Both parties have very good points, but there is no reason to bash a truck just because its got features, looks, etc that aren't what a "good o'le American truck" has.

DRFTKO
03-13-2007, 09:28 PM

great idea, everytime a brand vs. brand thread is created, it is always flammed to death. I also believe it is time this thread is closed so it doesnt get any worse than it already is

Firebirdman
03-13-2007, 09:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by REDisFASTER

great idea, everytime a brand vs. brand thread is created, it is always flammed to death. I also believe it is time this thread is closed so it doesnt get any worse than it already is

Probably a good idea....It's so ridiculous when someone has to fight over an opinion...well i think this better...no, i think this is better. PEOPLE, AN OPINION IS AN OPINION, IF YOU LIKE SOMETHING, GREAT, BUT THAT DOESN'T MAKE IT ANY BETTER THAN ANTHING ELSE, ESPECIALLY NOT SOMEONE ELSES OPINION! Some people just don't understand, and it's especially hard, when it's your own car being flammed on... IMO, Im fine with this thread being closed. It would have been fine, had some certain flammer not ruined it...but anyways, in the sake of the tundra, it is a nice truck. On the new rule note, I'd bring that up with a mod or admin if i were you...thats a pretty good idea and a pretty big problem around here. Thanks, guys. -FBM

sweetvette
03-14-2007, 02:13 AM
hey hey everybody, I'm a hardcore domestics guy, and i honestly think toyota finally built a tough looking truck, and you know what, good for them!
Don't you guys think its a little bit funny how people are fighting about which is better, chevy or toyota? I mean its like comparing Jif peanut butter and Skippy peanut butter, they're both peanut butter, both got chunky and smooth, and both taste like peanuts, so if you like one more than the other, good for you, but don't fight about. Just read all the above arguments and substitute Toyota and Tundra with Skippy, and Chevy and Silverado with Jif. its a stupid argument.
Why can't we just agree to disagree, on peanut butter and trucks.

oh back on topic.... oh...uh......

Firebirdman, score on the camry with the 350 haha, it must haul!

Numbchux
03-14-2007, 03:25 AM
there will be some infractions given for this BS....

I knew I should have locked this yesterday. but no, I thought for a minute that people could keep this civilized....and once again, you proved that you have the combined maturity of a 5 year old. :uhoh:

BlackSky909
03-14-2007, 08:51 AM
We cant even have a car discussion on here like civilized people without some flamming or bashing breaking out. Come on guys.