PDA

View Full Version : big electronic issue...

janikphoto
02-21-2007, 12:11 PM
I say big, because the monster mudder won't do anything. I can turn it on and you see the front wheels center, then nothing else will happen. I haven't tried a new TX yet, but if that isn't it, well, what is??? I only had my new airplane motor in for a couple days. maybe it fried a fet??? But wouldn't the steering still turn? :roll_eye:

I know the board is getting power, since the wheels center when I turn it on. I know the engine works, because i can put a battery directly on it's terminals and it runs. But nothing else, no turning wheels, no throttle response. Anything to look for besides the TX, incase that isn't the problem?!? the crystals are seated properly, so that's not it either...

RedSXmodder
02-21-2007, 05:45 PM
I think that one of the FETs controls steering and one the motor. You probably fried the motor FET, the same thing happened with my mustang...

Later,
RedSXmodder

bondo
02-21-2007, 05:51 PM
I think that one of the FETs controls steering and one the motor. You probably fried the motor FET, the same thing happened with my mustang...

Later,
RedSXmodder

there are four fets total. the 2 on top control the motor and the two on the bottom control the servo motor.

you didnt blow a fet. you would know if you did.

check all of your batts and make sure the crystals are the right way. (car for car/tx for tx)
if the controller doesnt work then open the board and check all of the wire connections and look at all of the solder points with a magnifying glass.
look for cracks/holes in the connections.

check the wires for freying and make sure that all of the wire is in the solder connection.

Azngtboi88
02-21-2007, 05:58 PM
I say try a new controller. Same thing happened to me and i just tried another one and it worked great. It wouldnt hurt

janikphoto
02-23-2007, 01:04 AM
I tried a new controller. Now I can turn and I get rear movement. I still don't have forward though. Maybe I need to try a third TX?!?

Oh, and I DID check the crystals to make sure one didn't come loose. It wouldn't be that the rx and tx crystal were backwards, because the truck worked fine earlier in the day.

And as far as batts, I checked that too. I thought my lipo pack had either died on me, or a wire got loose, but the 2nd tx made the steering and rear drive work. Plus, I mentioned above that the batt worked when I put it's wires directly to the motor.

I was about to start a new crawler anyway. I think I'll just pull all the gpm stuff off this one and make it a donor car now...