PDA

View Full Version : Servo problem

f250
02-17-2007, 11:29 PM
Ok so I got this evo car in a trade. Guy says it don't work, he don't know why. So out of curiosity I put some batteries in it and try it.The stearing jams hard left but the throttle works. I mess with it and think that the potentiometer is messed up so I change it with another I got. Same thing. I used the same servo cause it spins so I figured it was ok. Wonder what the chances are that two potentiometers are messed up? Anyone that understands electronics more than me know any answers? Don't tell me to mess with the trim cause I tried that first. Steering stays jammed to one side or the other no matter what you do.

BART
02-18-2007, 01:22 AM
Ok so I got this evo car in a trade. Guy says it don't work, he don't know why. So out of curiosity I put some batteries in it and try it.The stearing jams hard left but the throttle works. I mess with it and think that the potentiometer is messed up so I change it with another I got. Same thing. I used the same servo cause it spins so I figured it was ok. Wonder what the chances are that two potentiometers are messed up? Anyone that understands electronics more than me know any answers? Don't tell me to mess with the trim cause I tried that first. Steering stays jammed to one side or the other no matter what you do.
My youngest (5) jumped his scion down the stairs and the same thing happened. Turned out that he popped the tie rod plate off of the servo and his steering was stuck hard left. Took the bottom plate off and placed the tie rod bar (or whatever you call it) back on the servo throw arm correctly and all is fine. If it dosent seem to be a mechanical problem try a different radio...does it do this with the radio(controller) turned off?

RedSXmodder
02-18-2007, 10:07 AM
I think color0's got a tut around here somwhere where you adjust the potentiometers. You could try a servo swap. I think that there are sites that sell the upgraded servo's.

Later,
RedSXmodder