PDA

View Full Version : evo ep wax thing question

Life
02-11-2007, 08:14 PM
on the evo ep theres a thing that has orangie wax on it i accedentally poked and messed the wax up, is that important

its on a coil thingy

REDisFASTER
02-11-2007, 08:18 PM
It is important. Just don't touch it anymore or you may get ill effects on your range.

Key words: DON'T, TOUCH, IT.

RedSXmodder
02-11-2007, 08:29 PM
Hehehehehe. Unless you want to buy a new board, don't mess around with it anymore!

Later,
RedSXmodder

Life
02-11-2007, 08:33 PM
u mean if i leave it alone now it wont be affected or be in need of replace ment

REDisFASTER
02-11-2007, 08:51 PM
u mean if i leave it alone now it wont be affected or be in need of replace ment

Here's the thing, just don't touch it anymore and you'll be fine.

Firebirdman
02-11-2007, 09:32 PM
listen to them. hopefully, you didnt REALLY screw with it, in which case, youll know it, cuz when you turn it on next time, you wont be going anywhere. just leave it be, and know now not to ever touch it again.

monstertruggy
02-12-2007, 07:49 PM
yeah leave it alone so you dont have to buy a new board and waste ur money, unless ur planin on getting a new board anyways

Sweed
02-13-2007, 06:42 PM
It's the POT on your reciever. Some pro's scrape the wax out and then adjust it by hand until they achieve maximum range. It is HIGHLY RECOMENDED that you DONT TOUCH it, at all.

But when you get more experience, you can try adusting it, or if you blow the FET's, then use it for practice....

REDisFASTER
02-13-2007, 06:52 PM
lol your xmod's got pot! But yes, its called POT, or potentiometer (spelling?)

Even with Sweed's info on turning it, I highly doubt you'd know what you're doing if you're going to be trying to fiddle with it, so just leave it alone.

Life
02-14-2007, 06:00 PM
i am gonna lithium it,

I scratched some of the wax and moved it on my truck chasis in order to understand what happened, will that cause damage, it didnt poke a hole from what i see, its fine right

i gonna pimp my truck out