PDA

View Full Version : li poly or li ions

monstertruggy
02-11-2007, 05:03 PM
:-? which works better for you. battery life, perfomance, etc. ps how do you put in a poll at the top of the thread?

RedSXmodder
02-11-2007, 05:27 PM
Well, lets see here. It all depends on the motor your running. Li polys tend to be more expensive the Li ions, Li ions are for lower drain motors, or motors above 30t, Lipolys are for HOT motors, or motors below 30t. Li polys offer better performance than any other battery, but, Li ion is not to far away.

You need an advaced board to run Li polys, and for Li ions, there is little to know modification.

Later,
RedSXmodder

rolcol
02-11-2007, 07:42 PM
i use the ions there grt gives u enough power

monstertruggy
02-12-2007, 10:01 AM
i plan on leaving my stage 2 alone for a while. But in the future i plan to get the ball bearing can from atomicmods and maybe have someone wind up my motor to maybe 40t. So should i get the li ions? What wouyld i have to mod besides the motor wires. One more ?, do i get the car lithium ion propack s2? or is there one for an evo truck. ps i have an f150 with bearings and awd.

F-150 k!ller
02-12-2007, 08:52 PM
umm get cylindrical lith ions. AA size. and get a charger. on eBay, there are some for like 20.00 with the charger.

Sweed
02-13-2007, 07:10 PM
You don't need an advanced board to run Lithium Polymere batteries. The ones used for xmoding are actaully a Lithium Ion/Polymere Hybrids. Anyway.

LiPo supply more "C", or more current to the motor(s). They are also more expensive, and are somewhat more dangerous. They can explode if overchargered, punctured, or worse.....

Cylindrical Li-ions (AA or AAA) ussually have a little pocket at one end that ruptures and cuts power and keeps them from exploding, making them somewhat safer...

Li-ions supply less current, but they are less costly, and fit Gen1's better, and the AAA's fit the Evo and EvoT's better.

Both need a specialty charger....

Li-ion is for mild motors and mods.
Li-Poly is for "hot" motors and mods, as they supply more current...

Hope that helps.

DRFTKO
02-13-2007, 07:55 PM
You don't need an advanced board to run Lithium Polymere batteries. The ones used for xmoding are actaully a Lithium Ion/Polymere Hybrids. Anyway.

LiPo supply more "C", or more current to the motor(s). They are also more expensive, and are somewhat more dangerous. They can explode if overchargered, punctured, or worse.....

Cylindrical Li-ions (AA or AAA) ussually have a little pocket at one end that ruptures and cuts power and keeps them from exploding, making them somewhat safer...

Li-ions supply less current, but they are less costly, and fit Gen1's better, and the AAA's fit the Evo and EvoT's better.

Both need a specialty charger....

Li-ion is for mild motors and mods.
Li-Poly is for "hot" motors and mods, as they supply more current...

Hope that helps.

wow I was about to ask about the differences about the batteries, but you beat me to it...lol. I believe this should be posted for future references!!!