PDA

View Full Version : Weird Noise/Vibration

quadkid
11-21-2004, 09:32 PM
Hey, i just installed a CF driveshaft and the atomicmods Quick Li-ion kit in my xmod and its making this horrible noise/vibration. Its a fast clicking noise and vibration coming from the steering servo i think. It only happens when i turn the remote on. The car runs fine but its a little lacking in the steering depot. There it no smell of smoke and i know the soldering is good from the lith install. I remove the antenna whenever i work on it.

Any ideas of what culd be wrong? Do i have to recenter the servo or replace it or whatever? Someone please help me out. Thanks

skyline19
11-21-2004, 09:39 PM
sounds like it needs replacing
u can get a new one at rs for
about 8 bucks

skylinedriver
11-21-2004, 09:49 PM
don't worry about it. since you just doubled the voltage to the servo its jumping past center and is trying to correct itself, this is known as "servo jitter". It's normal in a li-ion system and will not harm anything. Rob explains that in his FAQs.

quadkid
11-21-2004, 10:40 PM
thanks man....

but does anyone else have a horrible sounding noise from this? still kind of worried

XplicitKoncepts
11-22-2004, 03:29 AM
This is a common problem with high voltage cars. It doesn't cause harm, but it gets annoying. A good way to fix this and strengthen your servo is to take a bushing off of the end of your motor armature, and put it in your servo... Chino posted a tutorial on xmodrc.com. I'll put pics of it up here later, the pic is on my comp but I'm not at home.

skylinedriver
11-22-2004, 05:56 AM
yeah I have a li-ion system and mine does it all the time

quadkid
11-22-2004, 01:09 PM
ok, im feelin better bout it now, thanks

SwedishRacer
11-22-2004, 01:30 PM
this is normal. If it stops okay, Robs kit is good, but if it smokes, your screwed.

viperdout
11-22-2004, 03:48 PM
don't worry about it. since you just doubled the voltage to the servo its jumping past center and is trying to correct itself, this is known as "servo jitter". It's normal in a li-ion system and will not harm anything. Rob explains that in his FAQs.

He summed it all up. It's normal, and don't worry about it.

snobro
11-23-2004, 03:28 PM
i have the six cell, whenever you bring your voltage up to 7.2 or higher you will get a servo jitter considering its built for a limited amount of voltage.anyway the servo jitter is normal i have it to just hit the gas once and it should stop. :nod:

zero
11-23-2004, 09:30 PM
my car is 6 cell and it does that all the time.

VietDraGoNE
11-23-2004, 09:35 PM
that jitter noise sounds tight, it makes it sound like it got some power to it!! lol j'k, mine does that once in a while but then it jus stops :dodgy: :dodgy: , quiet is boring sometimes

viperdout
11-23-2004, 09:57 PM
that jitter noise sounds tight, it makes it sound like it got some power to it!! lol j'k, mine does that once in a while but then it jus stops :dodgy: :dodgy: , quiet is boring sometimes

Well, usually a tap of the gas stops it.

BlackSky909
11-24-2004, 09:11 PM
Yea servo jitter