PDA

View Full Version : can i buy a..............

nick200260804
11-21-2004, 11:25 AM
ok.The wires to my battery packs came off so i wanted to know,how easy or hard is it to switch to Li-on?Like to connect the wires.I have some skill on soldering,but not a pro.And the li-ons on team mnm website,are those good?

skylinedriver
11-21-2004, 02:30 PM
It depends on which system you want...the pro kit or the quick kit. I have the quick kit. It was very easy. Leave enough of the old wires coming out of the board to work with. Slide the provided shrink tube over the wires of the upgrade kit. Twist the new and old wires together(pay attention to color) Solder the wires together.Slide the shrink tube over the wires...heat until tight and attach the batteries or holders to the side of the chassis. There is a more thorough "how-to" at atomicmods.com.

viperdout
11-21-2004, 04:55 PM
Why would you switch to li-ions if the wires just fell off? Ask someone for a pic of their holders, and soler everything back on. It's pretty easy, since the holders have solder on them to start with. If you just wanna go li-ion, it's pretty easy. I'd suggest to use the larger diameter wires that come with it, but you'll need to drill the board.

SwedishRacer
11-21-2004, 05:51 PM
you don't need to drill the board. If you have a desoldering braid, you can keep pulling off the solder then take a knife and use a sharp point to clean out the holes. Soldering can be hard, if you don't have a stand, very small peices.

nick200260804
11-21-2004, 06:03 PM
the wires fell off the battery casebut not the ep.

skylinedriver
11-21-2004, 06:13 PM
I'd just get the li-ions and be done with it. It's double the voltage and more speed

cols102
11-21-2004, 08:35 PM
Yeah but if the wires didnt come out of the board its not hard to fix at all. Just look at the diagram MNM has.

viperdout
11-22-2004, 03:28 PM
you don't need to drill the board. If you have a desoldering braid, you can keep pulling off the solder then take a knife and use a sharp point to clean out the holes. Soldering can be hard, if you don't have a stand, very small peices.

If you want it done right, you drill the board.