PDA

View Full Version : Corvette Setup?

SpitfireV12RR
11-20-2004, 08:09 AM
Hey guys. I have a corvette thats used for draging and road racing. I know alot about drag racing(as everyone knows)but just wanted to hear what the pros would do(livestrong350z,viperdout,jashwaa,ect.).

viperdout
11-20-2004, 02:10 PM
Do about what?

skyline19
11-20-2004, 03:07 PM
how you would set up a drag racer is what hes asking

viperdout
11-20-2004, 05:01 PM
I'm not sure, because he mentions road racing too. I'd say go with soft springs all around for dragging, with a strut bar in back. For road racing, a soft or medium with a swaybar in back, and hards in front.

cols102
11-20-2004, 06:59 PM
Yeah i would suggest getting just more speed upgrades rather than steerring like awd and stuff... that wont do you much good in a drag race

viperdout
11-20-2004, 07:33 PM
I would gather you have most of the upgrades anyway. If you don't, get a Stage 2 upgrade, bearings, then AWD, then tires, THEN suspension/steering. You'll eventually want more speed, at which point, get your fets upgraded (or do them yourself) and look into getting a hot motor, such as PN Racing's SO3.

BlackSky909
11-20-2004, 09:21 PM
I'm not sure, because he mentions road racing too. I'd say go with soft springs all around for dragging, with a strut bar in back. For road racing, a soft or medium with a swaybar in back, and hards in front.

But isnt it better to have stiff springs in back for better response? in a drag race?

viperdout
11-21-2004, 03:02 PM

But isnt it better to have stiff springs in back for better response? in a drag race?

Actually, no. The first reason is because stiff springs cause the xmod to have too much camber, making only a small portion of the tire touch, and ruining traction. My #2 reason is because I have a strut bar, so it does apply, and if you don't have the bar, I recommend you make one. Anyway, the sturt bar stops wheelhop to start with, so by running softer springs, it allows the wheels to move a little more freely, allowing them to stay on the ground (again, if you didn't have the bar, this setup would allow a ton of hop, making off-the-line performance horrible). The fronts are soft to soften impact when the front comes down again.

SwedishRacer
11-21-2004, 05:54 PM
to make a strut bar take some extra dampers, take the springs out, then measure how far the 2 parts need to be apart and glue them. its like a monoshol that is glued withouta spring

viperdout
11-21-2004, 05:57 PM
to make a strut bar take some extra dampers, take the springs out, then measure how far the 2 parts need to be apart and glue them. its like a monoshol that is glued withouta spring

That would eliminate all suspension. Brilliant. :roll:

5.0saleen
11-25-2004, 02:22 AM
if you have ever seen a prostreet car race then youve seen how the rear end almost drops when they hit the gas. with stiff springs the tires cannot "pull" the car down as easily and it means the energy is not transferred and it will make the wheels spin.. now if your car's tires grip fine when you launch then a stiff shock is better becuase its faster response. also make sure your toe is 0 degrees because if your going down a straight away it just causes drag on your tires. If you wanted to set up for both track and strip then use medium/soft (depending on how your tires grip for drag racing) springs in the rear and stiff in the front. and toe in about 1.5. this will give you better heandling. I suggest for tires that you have a different set for each type of racing you do. As far as sway bars and strut bars go, im not exactly sure how they do on an xmod because teh suspension is set up a little different then on a race car.

BlackSky909
11-25-2004, 09:36 AM
all rite thank's sound's good

JayACI
12-24-2004, 06:47 PM
yea, a softer susspension in the back and wider rear tires... Maybe a tourque motor too, 180 size can.
www.rcbutlers.com <--- wide tires

I actually took two Corvette Bodies, cut em up, and made a wide body Vette, so the tires wouldnt protrude out the sides.

jpringlephoto
12-25-2004, 02:26 PM
http://jpringlephoto.com/EOS1DMKII/pgs/VetteLightKit.htm

Hard tire slick rear, soft slick fronts.
Red motor stage 2
Bearings, if you have RS bearings, use washers as spacers.
2WD

The space internally for the Corvette is VERY TIGHT.

If you can afford it, get the carbon chassis and upgraded motor.

http://www.xmodspeed.com/dragster.htm