PDA

View Full Version : My 2000 Eclipse GT

Archon_Ramie
01-15-2007, 11:44 PM
Mitsubishi has always been my favorite car company. I used to have a 2nd gen Eclipse RS and when I got a newer one I swore I would get the good one of the bunch. Actually I wanted to get a 2nd gen GSX, but I couldn't find one in my area and the dealership gave me a good deal on this one. I tried to get an EVO, but with my bad credit the payments would have been astronomical. There's always next time!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v105/Archon_Ramie/aDSCN098920Large.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v105/Archon_Ramie/aDSCN099020Large.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v105/Archon_Ramie/aDSCN099120Large.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v105/Archon_Ramie/aDSCN099220Large.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v105/Archon_Ramie/aDSCN099420Large.jpg

civic_guy
01-15-2007, 11:46 PM
Not my fav body style of eclipse...but you have one VERY clean car there sir.

DRFTKO
01-15-2007, 11:49 PM
nice color choice, this is definately the best of all the eclipse body styles!!!

Archon_Ramie
01-15-2007, 11:50 PM
Not my fav body style of eclipse...but you have one VERY clean car there sir.

To be honest it's not mine either. 2nd Gen FTW. First gen was just plain looking and why did they even make the 4th? Also, why no more AWD!?!?

It's funny that you're the first one to comment since my best friend is(was) a Honda guy, that was his S2000 in the background there. He traded it for a Jeep. That ****ed sellout.

DRFTKO
01-15-2007, 11:52 PM
that was his S2000 in the background there. He traded it for a Jeep. That ****ed sellout.

what a dmuba@#, sorry that was a stupid trade:nodno: all the way

civic_guy
01-15-2007, 11:54 PM
To be honest it's not mine either. 2nd Gen FTW. First gen was just plain looking and why did they even make the 4th? Also, why no more AWD!?!?

It's funny that you're the first one to comment since my best friend is(was) a Honda guy, that was his S2000 in the background there. He traded it for a Jeep. That ****ed sellout.

LOL yeah I'm a Honda fan...but if I had the chance I would trade my 2000 Si in for a Lancer Evolution IV MR in a heartbeat!!

DRFTKO
01-15-2007, 11:55 PM
LOL yeah I'm a Honda fan...but if I had the chance I would trade my 2000 Si in for a Lancer Evolution IV MR in a heartbeat!!

who wouldnt, but anyways back on topic!!!

Archon_Ramie
01-16-2007, 12:02 AM
what a dmuba@#, sorry that was a stupid trade:nodno: all the way

I know! He said he needed something to carry his mountain bike. Pffft. Who rides a mountain bike when you have an S2000? Am I right? Am I right?

DRFTKO
01-16-2007, 12:05 AM
I know! He said he needed something to carry his mountain bike. Pffft. Who rides a mountain bike when you have an S2000? Am I right? Am I right?

yea for real, f@#$ a mountain bike I hate them now:mad: turned a guy completely insane:evil:

MADMike
01-16-2007, 02:02 AM
Nice car man, I almost bought one of those, I read too much about them having problems though, let me know how it works out for you. I wouldnt trade an s2000 for a jeep, thats stupid, why I sold my s10 to get my alero, my parents aren't too happy that when big stuff needs to be moved we have to use the mini van now, totaly worth it though

RodsRUs
01-16-2007, 02:06 AM
Nicee intake

DRFTKO
01-16-2007, 02:12 AM
Nicee intake

I second that, AEM rocks, im sporting an AEM intake right now, and why not compliment it with DC Sports exhaust(not just header), im sporting their cat back on my hatch and it sounds mean as hell!!!

sweetvette
01-16-2007, 02:12 AM
Nice car man, I almost bought one of those, I read too much about them having problems though, let me know how it works out for you. I wouldnt trade an s2000 for a jeep, thats stupid, why I sold my s10 to get my alero, my parents aren't too happy that when big stuff needs to be moved we have to use the mini van now, totaly worth it though
S10 for an alero? pshh, i would kept the s10 man

RodsRUs
01-16-2007, 02:21 AM
hahaha my S-10 had a Olds 350 rocket in it with a turbo 400 tranny HAHAHAH
ohhh good old days hahaa

THE EDJ
01-16-2007, 02:27 AM
i had a 94 GMC sierra 1500... i sold it and bought an 89 CRX Si... im not really sure if i like the car or the truck better. just that the car takes the cake at the pumps, the truck was terrible on gas. anyways thats a nice car i wish i could rock something cooler than a CRX!

Thriller
01-16-2007, 03:28 AM
looks real clean.....how much did/is that cost(ing) you ?
also, any tuning plans whatsoever ? exhaust, new seats, body kit..... ?

MADMike
01-16-2007, 01:30 PM
S10 for an alero? pshh, i would kept the s10 man

Truck was terrible on gas, it was a 2.2l, my 3.4 alero does way better on gas and I drive it just as hard as I did that truck. truck was also looking at a $2000 transmission replacement, if they could find one, Idealy I wanted to put a 350 crate engine/6 speed into it, but I needed something to drive to school and back, and the dealer offered me $1500 on trade in, everyone else offered 500 at the most, sorry to get off topic there.

REDisFASTER
01-16-2007, 04:06 PM
That's my favorite bodystyle for the Eclipse! And I love that you took the hardtop vs the soft-top!

viggy92
01-16-2007, 04:13 PM
i like the gsx beta but ur choice my opinion bbut ya i got a volvo lol but it mught jus blow ur eclipse alls i need to do is reduce the weight lol i probaly got a ton ova u

thrillbilly
01-16-2007, 04:56 PM
nice car, one problem though... theres no bowtie on the back...ehhh just kidding my ex-girlfriend has one kinda like it hers is red.... back on topic though, nice car...

kataklysm
01-16-2007, 05:14 PM
wow you know that this eclipse model is my fav car, and why their is no EVO in Canada it sucks, their is only their pathetic Lancer

civic_guy
01-16-2007, 05:55 PM
I second that, AEM rocks, im sporting an AEM intake right now, and why not compliment it with DC Sports exhaust(not just header), im sporting their cat back on my hatch and it sounds mean as hell!!!

Werd...AEM V2 on my Si FTMFW!!!! :D

I have DC sports headers stock exhaust, and a muffler that's slightly bigger than stock (no not a trash can muffler...I wouldn't be caught dead in a car with a bumble bee trash can muffler!

Archon_Ramie
01-16-2007, 06:06 PM
That's my favorite bodystyle for the Eclipse! And I love that you took the hardtop vs the soft-top!

Yeah, I don't really like the way that many soft tops look.

i like the gsx beta but ur choice my opinion bbut ya i got a volvo lol but it mught jus blow ur eclipse alls i need to do is reduce the weight lol i probaly got a ton ova u

I'm not exactly sure what that jumble means, but I am guessing you're saying you don't like the 3rd gen. and that your Volvo is faster than my car? I guess you didn't read the other posts where I said I actually prefer the 2nd gen GSX, but couldn't find one when I was car shopping. What really sucked though was a friend of a friend sold theirs like 2 months after I bought this car.

As for your Volvo, if it isn't one of the 06/07's then it's automatically an ugly car.:bigwink:

REDisFASTER
01-16-2007, 07:21 PM
nice car, one problem though... theres no bowtie on the back...ehhh just kidding my ex-girlfriend has one kinda like it hers is red.... back on topic though, nice car...

lol, Mitsubishi's are DSM (Diamond Star Motors)

They're a Chrysler/Dodge counterpart, not GM :p

See the generation of Eclipses before Archon's, they were under Eagle as the Talon.

The Mitsubishi 3000GT, its counterpart is the Dodge Stealth.

civic_guy
01-16-2007, 07:52 PM
lol, Mitsubishi's are DSM (Diamond Star Motors)

They're a Chrysler/Dodge counterpart, not GM :p

See the generation of Eclipses before Archon's, they were under Eagle as the Talon.

The Mitsubishi 3000GT, its counterpart is the Dodge Stealth.

Yep yep....I've never been a HUGE fan of eclipses though, but the 97 model is my fav year. There are a lot of Talons that have been converted into eclipses down here...

Archon_Ramie
01-16-2007, 09:17 PM
Yep yep....I've never been a HUGE fan of eclipses though, but the 97 model is my fav year. There are a lot of Talons that have been converted into eclipses down here...

That was the year they put that awesome front end on and rearranged the tail too isn't it?

DRFTKO
01-17-2007, 01:03 AM
That was the year they put that awesome front end on and rearranged the tail too isn't it?

if im not mistaken, the body style was the same from 1995 on up until 1999 or 2000, wasnt it, I know there is hardly any difference at all if any!!!

civic_guy
01-17-2007, 01:10 AM
if im not mistaken, the body style was the same from 1995 on up until 1999 or 2000, wasnt it, I know there is hardly any difference at all if any!!!

I think the rear was the same maybe a few minor changes but the front changed.

http://user.mc.net/~jschertz/eclipse/index.html

http://www.nctd.com/review-intro.cfm?Vehicle=1999_Mitsubishi_Eclipse&ReviewID=540

2000 is the major body style change to the car in the previous pics.

Archon_Ramie
01-17-2007, 01:41 AM
Yeah, they opened the front end up a little more and made it look "meaner". The back end got the lights that were next to the liscence plate moved further to the side and rounded out, and they also put a little curve thing in the center. Next time you're out and see one, you'll be able to tell the difference right away.

kidZim
01-17-2007, 10:04 AM
AEM AEM AEM!!

Am i the only one who likes K&N Intakes? :(

Nice Eclipse - My friend has a 2nd Edtn - Fun car!

DRFTKO
01-17-2007, 05:12 PM
AEM AEM AEM!!

Am i the only one who likes K&N Intakes? :(

Nice Eclipse - My friend has a 2nd Edtn - Fun car!

I prefer Injen over AEM, does that make you feel any better?

sweetvette
01-17-2007, 06:25 PM
nice ride man, what size is that engine?
i wish people would make aftermarket parts for my mitsubishi :cry:

Archon_Ramie
01-17-2007, 09:03 PM

It's the 3.0 V6. Which one do you have?

sweetvette
01-17-2007, 11:24 PM
I have a 1995 Montero, it's a pretty sweet 4wheeler, but the engine could use a little more punch. its got the same as you 3.0 v6

DRFTKO
01-17-2007, 11:36 PM
I have a 1995 Montero, it's a pretty sweet 4wheeler, but the engine could use a little more punch. its got the same as you 3.0 v6

if it is the same exact motor, then you may be able to use some performance parts that are used on an eclipse for your montero!!!

civic_guy
01-17-2007, 11:41 PM

I'm sure there's a tuner shop out there that will custom make you some parts....you can get parts for ANY car...it may jus cost an arm and a couple of legs!

DRFTKO
01-17-2007, 11:44 PM

for a start, ebay.com has a few Weapon R intakes for your vehicle and Injen makes an intake for the newer versions of it, so if you search the net a little more, you may be able to find an Injen intake for your specific vehicle. It's not much, but it sure is a decent start, and like civic_guy said, you could track someone down that could make you custom parts, but it WILL put a huge hole in your wallet!!!

sweetvette
01-17-2007, 11:46 PM
if it is the same exact motor, then you may be able to use some performance parts that are used on an eclipse for your montero!!!

well i meant same size, its probably a lot different, just lookin at the pic of his engine i can tell that the air intakes are in different spots
i was thinkin that montero and dodge durango could be similar since dodge and mitsubishi are incahoots like that, but i have to look into it more

DRFTKO
01-17-2007, 11:53 PM
well when I was talking about intakes, I meant the one for your Montero and not an eclipse, but of course the intakes are going to be in different places even if the engines are the same!!!

sweetvette
01-18-2007, 12:12 AM
that is true...on injen's website i found universal suv exhaust in 2 3/4 inch and 3 inch wich sounds entising, and i'll look into the weapon r intakes
but i'm also thinkin more offroad type upgrades, like some cheap 15s or 16s (the stockers aren't so pretty), all terrain tires, some offroad lights, stuff like that

EDIT: Weapon r intake def. goin on birthday wishlist, and lambo doors too!!
ahaha lol
http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/performance/brand.php?makeid=18&modelid=189&year=1995&partid=8218

sorry for jackin the eclipse thread, lets get back on topic

DRFTKO
01-18-2007, 12:18 AM
that is true...on injen's website i found universal suv exhaust in 2 3/4 inch and 3 inch wich sounds entising, and i'll look into the weapon r intakes
but i'm also thinkin more offroad type upgrades, like some cheap 15s or 16s (the stockers aren't so pretty), all terrain tires, some offroad lights, stuff like that

EDIT: Weapon r intake def. goin on birthday wishlist,
http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/performance/parts.php?makeid=18&year=1995&modelid=189&categoryid=3

hmm thats a little out of my range, cant help you there, just research I guess, but anyways back on topic. Archon_Ramie, what is the next thing that you are planning on doing to this beauty?

civic_guy
01-18-2007, 12:21 AM
hmm thats a little out of my range, cant help you there, just research I guess, but anyways back on topic. Archon_Ramie, what is the next thing that you are planning on doing to this beauty?

Yeah what are your plans! Gianormous Turbo with a SUPER SIZED fimc? Of course then you'd have hardcore turbo lag...seriously you should beef that thing up with a nice turbo set-up.

sweetvette
01-18-2007, 12:49 AM
don't use a big turbo, use two smaller turbos, way less lag that way! maybe a wet nitrous system.

civic_guy
01-18-2007, 12:57 AM
don't use a big turbo, use two smaller turbos, way less lag that way! maybe a wet nitrous system.

Single turbo FTW! I was jk about the huge turbo...but twin turbo is way less efficient imo....everyone I know who had a 300ZX or Supra twin turbo have converted it to single turbo. Plus single turbo leaves a lot more room in the engine bay for other go fast goodies. :D

Archon_Ramie
01-18-2007, 07:52 AM

EDIT: Weapon r intake def. goin on birthday wishlist, and lambo doors too!!
ahaha lol
http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/performance/brand.php?makeid=18&modelid=189&year=1995&partid=8218

sorry for jackin the eclipse thread, lets get back on topic

It's cool with me. I am down with all Mitsubishis!

musclecars4life
01-18-2007, 08:20 AM
personaly i like the 98 eclipes better than the 2000s, but all time fav mitsubishi is the lancer evo VIIII MR, awesome specs!

and that eclipse is tight, but it could use a diff paint job and of course some more engine mods.

civic_guy
01-18-2007, 05:52 PM
personaly i like the 98 eclipes better than the 2000s, but all time fav mitsubishi is the lancer evo VIIII MR, awesome specs!

and that eclipse is tight, but it could use a diff paint job and of course some more engine mods.

EVO IV MR is the best car EVVVAAR!!!! It looks so aggressive and powerful and I like how it has a fmic.

sweetvette
01-18-2007, 10:06 PM
Single turbo FTW! I was jk about the huge turbo...but twin turbo is way less efficient imo....everyone I know who had a 300ZX or Supra twin turbo have converted it to single turbo. Plus single turbo leaves a lot more room in the engine bay for other go fast goodies. :D
I guess it just matters what your preference is, personally, i would like less lag witha twin turbo, but go with whatever your slice of pie is

I like that paint job, its dark and sleek, perfect for building a sleeper! plus, you'll never get as good a paint job as from the factory because they use so many very hi-tech techniques that no body shop could ever match.
Example: the body is staticly charged to achieve the smoothest finish and the primer sticks better. then they dip the whole thing into a vat of primer.....robitic arms spraying...blahblahblah... you get the idea?

DRFTKO
01-18-2007, 10:40 PM
I like that paint job, its dark and sleek, perfect for building a sleeper! plus, you'll never get as good a paint job as from the factory because they use so many very hi-tech techniques that no body shop could ever match.
Example: the body is staticly charged to achieve the smoothest finish and the primer sticks better. then they dip the whole thing into a vat of primer.....robitic arms spraying...blahblahblah... you get the idea?

I have to disagree, ive seen some small body shops create paintjobs that are way better than oem paint jobs. However when you campare to Maaco and Peach Auto Collision, any factory paint job would win that comparison easily!!!

civic_guy
01-18-2007, 10:46 PM
I have to disagree, ive seen some small body shops create paintjobs that are way better than oem paint jobs. However when you campare to Maaco and Peach Auto Collision, any factory paint job would win that comparison easily!!!

Yeah I would agree with you there are custom paint jobs that make OEM paint jobs look like they were done with sharpie (and yes im talking about REAL cars) It doesn't matter how high-tech the machines are nothing beats something that has been hand done and constantly scrutinized until perfect like a quality custom paint job. Of course those type of paint jobs cost thousands.

sweetvette
01-19-2007, 02:08 AM
i no wut u guys mean, but aftermarket jobs that look good are expensive and take your baby away for too long

XmodGam3r
01-19-2007, 10:41 AM
sweet car

civic_guy
01-19-2007, 10:51 AM
i no wut u guys mean, but aftermarket jobs that look good are expensive and take your baby away for too long

Yeah...unless you learn how to do it yourself. When I go turbo my gf's cousins are gonna help me install everything. But then again I won't get to drive her until I'm done... :(

viggy92
01-19-2007, 03:16 PM
Yeah, I don't really like the way that many soft tops look.

I'm not exactly sure what that jumble means, but I am guessing you're saying you don't like the 3rd gen. and that your Volvo is faster than my car? I guess you didn't read the other posts where I said I actually prefer the 2nd gen GSX, but couldn't find one when I was car shopping. What really sucked though was a friend of a friend sold theirs like 2 months after I bought this car.

As for your Volvo, if it isn't one of the 06/07's then it's automatically an ugly car.:bigwink:

sorry it took so long to answer back to this lol

but it isnt that bad a lil banged up right now but u can see it in the dream car forum i got pics but it is a rare 850r it is turbo black on black and as for the pics of mine im workin on the grill now but ya i liked the second gens for racing but the thirds i think are a better everyday go to work car if u know what i mean?

Archon_Ramie
01-19-2007, 09:02 PM

Yeah what are your plans! Gianormous Turbo with a SUPER SIZED fimc? Of course then you'd have hardcore turbo lag...seriously you should beef that thing up with a nice turbo set-up.

No plans really. After I finish paying for it I will be buying a new truck for work since my old one died. So that's where my money will be going...:nodno:

When I was looking though, I couldn't find any turbocharging kits for a V6 Eclipse, just for the 2.4 lt. 4 cylinder. I did find a company who made supercharger kits though, but they were super expensive. For the stage 3 I think it was like $6k and I would still need headers, bigger injectors, exhaust, an LSD, etc.

Maybe someday...

sweetvette
01-19-2007, 09:37 PM
honestly, since are gonna save money towards your new truck, don't do many major things to your car until after you get the truck. if you really wanna do some mods, do simple ones like exhaust, ecu/computer chips, and stuff you can do in your driveway on the weekend.

DRFTKO
01-19-2007, 09:39 PM
honestly, since are gonna save money towards your new truck, don't do many major things to your car until after you get the truck. if you really wanna do some mods, do simple ones like exhaust, ecu/computer chips, and stuff you can do in your driveway on the weekend.

yea stick with cheaper mods like intake, exhaust, and headers to start out, shouldnt run you too awful much if you shop around for it all!!!

viggy92
01-22-2007, 08:43 PM
yea stick with cheaper mods like intake, exhaust, and headers to start out, shouldnt run you too awful much if you shop around for it all!!!
absolutly right the first thing is the chip the best and thecheapest then go for air filter cheaper and helps with car health(guess u can say tht)

DRFTKO
01-22-2007, 09:27 PM
absolutly right the first thing is the chip the best and thecheapest then go for air filter cheaper and helps with car health(guess u can say tht)

a descent chip the cheapest thing, not on imports;)