PDA

View Full Version : Old Muscle

bc_edition
01-12-2007, 05:07 PM
Hey guys, soon enough I will be getting my first car and I was looking at a few "newer used cars"-(tuners) but every review I found about them there was always problems occuring in them. So I'm thinking about going for and older car, Iv'e found a 1968 ford mustang for sale, looks to be in pretty good shape from the picture.
The despcription says its 6 cyl., 3 spd., 2 dr. coupe, blue/blue, orig. bill of sale, owners. manual, title, body mint cond., no rust, new carpet, very clean.
Heres the pic:http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/8670/3340742ek2.th.jpg (http://img183.imageshack.us/my.php?image=3340742ek2.jpg)
Just wondering how good you guys think it would be.
Are there any downs to old mustangs?,would it be worth getting? Give me a few comments:eyecraz:

REDisFASTER
01-12-2007, 05:11 PM
All cars have problems. There's no car that's perfect.

I think its an awesome car! I'm skeptical about the no-rust part. What's the selling price? Did you ask for photos? Are you allowed to test drive? If you're going to be fiewing it in person, make sure you get photos for us. I assume from the watermarked copyright symbol that you found the car through AutoTrader.ca?

I assume there will be more problems on an older car than a newer car. But since the Mustang is a very popular car with a large fanbase, you should be able to find communities and groups that would be able to help you ;)

bc_edition
01-12-2007, 05:22 PM
well I dont think Ill be getting this one, but something like this if I can. This one is a bit out of my price range. Unless I can cough up a couple thousand pretty soon:roll_eye: Ill be checking back and forth on the computer for different ones popping up now and then. Yeah and my dad said something that it wont have heating or anything. And where I live I dont think that would be the best idea..Is this true?
Anyways gotta run for now,
bc_edition

REDisFASTER
01-12-2007, 05:25 PM
lol, judging from your name, I'm guessing you're in BC :P

And with the current weather trends in your area previously, I'd suggest something with heating and something you wouldn't mind driving in winter ;)

Today in my part of Ontario, I'm not sure about other parts, but the weather was quite nice for once :P

DRFTKO
01-12-2007, 06:52 PM
not too bad of a choice, they made a gen.1 mustang that is identical to that one. Anyways id rather have an old Mustang more than the new ones:)

REDisFASTER
01-12-2007, 07:16 PM
not too bad of a choice, they made a gen.1 mustang that is identical to that one. Anyways id rather have an old Mustang more than the new ones:)

So true! A 1969 Boss 429 Mustang please!

musclecars4life
01-12-2007, 07:18 PM
So true! A 1969 Boss 429 Mustang please!

not a bad choice.... but if you are just talking normal old school muscle then you gotta go with a 1969 Camaro SS/RS, 450 stock hp and with just a 429 carb it gets around 500-650 hp.:lol: talk about awesome car. but good luck finding one, since only 179 were made

REDisFASTER
01-12-2007, 07:21 PM
not a bad choice.... but if you are just talking normal old school muscle then you gotta go with a 1969 Camaro SS/RS, 450 stock hp and with just a 429 carb it gets around 500-650 hp.:lol: talk about awesome car. but good luck finding one, since only 179 were made

Wasn't there one on Barrett Jackson a week or so ago that went for $2 mil?

musclecars4life
01-12-2007, 07:26 PM
Wasn't there one on Barrett Jackson a week or so ago that went for $2 mil?

i dont know, but i do know that my uncle picked one up at the junk yard for $1500 and dropped a new engine in there and it flies. he got lucky too. cause as he was towing it out a guy came in wanting to buy it. :lol: but yeah i seen one go for 2.5million in a car auction.

REDisFASTER
01-12-2007, 07:29 PM
i dont know, but i do know that my uncle picked one up at the junk yard for $1500 and dropped a new engine in there and it flies. he got lucky too. cause as he was towing it out a guy came in wanting to buy it. :lol: but yeah i seen one go for 2.5million in a car auction.

With a catch like that? Not bloody likely :p I'm probably going to refrain from getting any sort of muscle car here since the weather can be great one minute and an @$$ the next. I don't want to winter store my car, I want to drive it. But with an awesome car like that, you can't, you just HAVE to keep it in pristine condition.

See, those guys spend that much money on a car at auctions, and we spend a lot of money on our 'toys'. You can always tell which people are car enthusiasts ;)

musclecars4life
01-12-2007, 08:06 PM
true... and my uncle is in texas so it always good driving conditions.

DRFTKO
01-12-2007, 08:20 PM
true... and my uncle is in texas so it always good driving conditions.

Not really, its dry and dusty, and that is rough as hell on a car:)

bc_edition
01-12-2007, 08:32 PM
lol, judging from your name, I'm guessing you're in BC :P

And with the current weather trends in your area previously, I'd suggest something with heating and something you wouldn't mind driving in winter ;)

Today in my part of Ontario, I'm not sure about other parts, but the weather was quite nice for once :P

Yeah I thought some people would think that but Im actually from Ontario, north of toronto, the bc is my first and last initials. And the weather is pretty nice but I dont think its all that good, because global warming, the world is probably going to be pretty screwed up soon enough, weather wise.:eyecraz: But anyways, I seen a guy had put heating in his but I dont know how much it cost him? Anyone have any ideas?

musclecars4life
01-12-2007, 08:32 PM
Not really, its dry and dusty, and that is rough as hell on a car:)

not in the middle of Dallas, its always nice there, thoguh it can get REALLY hot.

civic_guy
01-12-2007, 09:00 PM
I always thought it was nice in Dallas too...I'll tell you where its dry and dusty and that Arizona...in the Phoenix area....

DRFTKO
01-12-2007, 09:26 PM
not in the middle of Dallas, its always nice there, thoguh it can get REALLY hot.

oh ok, ive never been to Dallas, yea it is probablly hot as hell there:)