PDA

View Full Version : Nooby need help(I think people post this already.)

2fast4myspeed
01-08-2007, 10:33 PM
First, I want to know what u need for the xmods to drift.:-?
Do you have to buy the drift kit? I really dont want to buy the drift kit, but if it is necessary, I guess I have to.
Is there another way to make ur car slide, like adding tape on the tires?
And do u have to buy the awd, and the metal bearing?(can u just have rwd instead for drift? and wat does metal bearing do?:-? )
I think it useless to buy those two.
Also, wat suspension I need for my car?

PS,
can u guys tell me wat motor stage, and that other part{forgot wat it call}:lol: (the circle one with different colors) u need to make the car drift.

Skyline5654
01-08-2007, 10:35 PM
For drifting you can buy the drift kit but some people put tape on there wheels. And you would want to buy the awd kit too. I got the stage 2 motor upgrade in mine. Also you want to get metal ball bearings so the wheels wont be wobbly. The awd makes it where you can drift around turns good

MADMike
01-08-2007, 10:42 PM
Just put the bearings in my f-150 which had horrific wheel wobble that is now gone thanks to the bearings, I can drive in a straight line now Yay!!!

Skyline5654
01-08-2007, 10:43 PM
Just put the bearings in my f-150 which had horrific wheel wobble that is now gone thanks to the bearings, I can drive in a straight line now Yay!!!
wow they must of had bad wheel wobble if your f-150 couldnt drive in a straight line

musclecars4life
01-08-2007, 10:49 PM
1. this should be in the beginner's questions section
2. for drift you dont NEED awd but it is recommended, as it is WAY harder to drift RWD than AWD with xmods.
3. bearings are escincial for ANY xmod. they reduce wheel wobble and makes for a straighter drive.
4. drifting with the drift kit is ALOT easier than with narmal hard tire slicks.

and welcome to the forums

ferrarip4.5
01-08-2007, 11:27 PM
this questions been asked at least three times in the last week

civic_guy
01-08-2007, 11:43 PM
Bearings is an absolute
AWD recommended
Stage 2 motor recommended if you get AWD

You don't have to buy the drift kit but hard slick tires from the radioshack tire upgrade are needed if you don't buy the drift kit. I like the hard tires better because you have more control over your drift and are able to connect them easier...of course on some surfaces the hard slicks don't work like on the tennis courts or rough cement they dont do very well; that's when you would wanna get the drift kit.

Most upgrades for drifting are dependent on where you drift and how you drive your car. Lots of people just accelerate and slide, others kinda free style drift (connecting actual drifts on an open surface or Drift through an actual course.

this questions been asked at least three times in the last week

:lol:

THE EDJ
01-09-2007, 01:16 AM
Check out the FAQ thread I just wrote up it should have some helpful info

2fast4myspeed
01-09-2007, 06:04 PM
i guess i will buy the metal bearing and maybe the awd but not the drift kit.
Do you put the red motor stage 2 or the yellow motor stage 2?