PDA

View Full Version : my mainboard is screwed??? is it fixable

XspuXtXnikX
11-10-2004, 04:00 PM
The wires broke off my mainboard that connect to the battery holders both the red and black wire well the problem is when they broke off they pulled out the little metal pins that attach them to the board basically I have no clue where the circuit picks back up at so is there any way to rig this and play chatch up somewhere else on the board that meets back up with the circuit or is it DEAD?

skylinedriver
11-10-2004, 06:03 PM
I'm looking at an old board that I have and I don't see these "pins" you're referring to. It seems to me that all you would have to do is resolder the wires to the main board. Solder the red to the #2 hole and the black to the #3 hole. Without seeing it its hard to say. Good luck.

SwedishRacer
11-10-2004, 06:24 PM
look here and you will see which wires go were:
Link:
http://www.atomicmods.com/How_To/XMOD_Pro_Kit/XMOD_P26.jpg

http://www.atomicmods.com/How_To/XMOD_Pro_Kit/XMOD_P26.jpg

XspuXtXnikX
11-10-2004, 06:57 PM
no I realize where they go what I am saying is that the holes that the wires attach to have the little metal inserts that attach to the circuit the little metal insert came out along with both wires and I was wondering if there was some other way to jump it to another part of the board to make it work.

SwedishRacer
11-10-2004, 07:54 PM
follow the atomic mods tut, it shows how to put the wires back in right, you have to driil the board, just folloow atomic mods tut. If you can't find the tut, don't do it yourself!

viperdout
11-11-2004, 04:00 PM
I'm not quite understanding what happened. Can you take a pic? I know your wires ripped out, but you're saying you can't solder them back in. Why? BTW, make your avatar smaller.

XspuXtXnikX
11-11-2004, 04:39 PM
basically when the wires came out they ripped out some of the circuitry along with it. if you look at the board you will notice where the little holes are at to stick the wires in there are tiny metal rings in the hole that basically makes the connection of the circuit well they came out too so basically even if I can stick the wires back into the holes I still have no action so my question was it possible to jump the two wires to the board in another location even if I have to by pass the on and off switch?

viperdout
11-11-2004, 05:24 PM
basically when the wires came out they ripped out some of the circuitry along with it. if you look at the board you will notice where the little holes are at to stick the wires in there are tiny metal rings in the hole that basically makes the connection of the circuit well they came out too so basically even if I can stick the wires back into the holes I still have no action so my question was it possible to jump the two wires to the board in another location even if I have to by pass the on and off switch?

I don't think anyone's really delved into the circuitry that much to know what to jumper where. I'll talk with someone who I think has the most experience, but we know nothing unless you have pics. If you have no place to host them, send them to me at [email protected]

XspuXtXnikX
11-11-2004, 05:57 PM
ok I will take some pictures in a little while and send them

viperdout
11-11-2004, 06:12 PM
Cool. I'll be waiting.

XspuXtXnikX
11-11-2004, 07:42 PM
http://www.freewebs.com/xxxmods/broke.JPG
There as you can see the metal pins are gone I think one of the tiny tiny chips is gone and some of the circuts are worn away. Is there any chance or is this as good as dead. I will add I was able to ground the negative to the motor and touch the connection on the positive to make the car run but still not control through the remote

viperdout
11-11-2004, 10:51 PM
Order a Pcb receiver assembly from RS, and when you get it, just transfer the servo onto the new board. It should cost you 9.49+shipping.

XspuXtXnikX
11-11-2004, 11:44 PM
yah I figured it was as good as dead. thats probalby what I will do. I think they should carry the Pcb boards at the stores as much as it seam that people fry them

StiXxX
11-12-2004, 02:37 PM
yea
i have two fried boards and my RS
has no clue(supposedly) about back ordering or special ordering parts or whateva it is
some of the peepz there will say everythings kool and fine over the phone but when you get to the store it's a completely diff storey

XspuXtXnikX
11-12-2004, 07:21 PM
Yeah people that work at Rs are morons, well im not saying your a moron if you work for Rs but it says on the website you can order on the phone or at a store but today I went to my local rs to order the part and I even printed out the parts list with the numbers and they said they couldnt do it. I even spoke with the manager. I guess I will just have to go to atomicmods or something unless someone wants to trade me a board for something of equal value like a front end or something

StiXxX
11-13-2004, 04:54 PM
it's ko
i don't work at RS
but "radioshackguy" does ask him

koezi
12-12-2004, 10:41 AM
yo dude , i just had the same problem with me board. my positive connection was not connecting since there was no metal tabs to connect it to anymore, so i can tell u how to fix it if u reply.....