PDA

View Full Version : Fet upgrade

audi
12-30-2006, 08:24 AM
First question is going to the 2x2 upgrade that allows how much voltage?
Then the 2x3 how much does that allow? Last can you buy these at radioshack or the source? If so does anyone know the product # because I saw what looked like fets but not really sure if these are the right ones.

civicblack10
12-30-2006, 01:01 PM
im pretty sure you cant by them from those two stores but im not 100%
I think you need to get them from atomic mods, they give you a bunch of info on them to

civicblack10
12-30-2006, 01:04 PM
sry here is the link

http://www.atomicmods.com/ProductInfo.aspx?productid=10103

ferrarip4.5
12-31-2006, 03:24 PM
i thot the FETs only increase current and not voltage. correct me if im wrong, but im pretty sure im right.

musclecars4life
12-31-2006, 03:30 PM
FETs increase current and amps with more amps comes more volts. i dont know why its just the way it is. i dont think you can buy them from RS or The Source.

ferrarip4.5
01-01-2007, 03:36 PM
voltage is potential diference, amp is measure of current, they have nothing to do with each other, you can have high voltage batery with **** mAh.

kataklysm
01-01-2007, 04:37 PM
hey instead of stacking fets you should buy a V2.2 board from atomicmods, it is a lot better and you can run any motor with that.

see http://www.atomicmods.com/ProductInfo.aspx?productid=10107

musclecars4life
01-01-2007, 04:41 PM
but it costs like what $60 after shipping? when you can buy the FETS for what $5 each? and stack as many as you want and add just a little bit of weight? the v2 board is a pain and it adds more weight than stacked FETs.

kataklysm
01-01-2007, 05:14 PM
It adds more weight but it's better than stacked fets, yes it's pricey but if you don't want to stack fets the V2.2 board is the other solution if you want to run high current motors

chi_town_ballin
01-01-2007, 06:10 PM
there is something simpler than all of that. the SB hybrid motor. it runs at 65,000 rpms which is more that double the stage 2 motor. it works with a stock board and you don't need to upgrade anything. all you have to do is switch the neo mags within the motor. if you don't want to do all that work, i have about 4 left. i'm selling them or trading. pm me if you'd like one.

EDIT: if you want more power and torque, then go with the motor. the only thing you'd want FET's for would be to run more cells, which in turn would give you more Mah. possibly more power, but it depends on what type. LITH-IONS would give you both, but at an unreasonable price. if you go with the motor, it's probably the best thing to do. less work, less money, and just about the same as running stacked FET's with 8 cells. or equal to 4 LITH-IONS i believe. i'm not sure if it's 4 or 2, but it's something like that.

musclecars4life
01-01-2007, 06:14 PM
i'll make them one for FREE. all they have to do is supply the motor they want it done too. and the V2 board is too expensive... you could do the same thing for less that it cost for AM to make it.

skylinedriver
01-01-2007, 07:28 PM
i thot the FETs only increase current and not voltage. correct me if im wrong, but im pretty sure im right.

you're correct. FETs with a higher amperage rating allow you to run motors with a higher amperage draw. You can run higher voltages(no higher than 8.4v peak) and stock motors and FETs with no fear of tossing the FETs. As you change the strength of magnets(Neo mags) or use armatures with a lower number of windings then FET upgrades or use of a power management board(V2) is needed.

chi_town_ballin
01-01-2007, 07:50 PM
you're correct. FETs with a higher amperage rating allow you to run motors with a higher amperage draw. You can run higher voltages(no higher than 8.4v peak) and stock motors and FETs with no fear of tossing the FETs. As you change the strength of magnets(Neo mags) or use armatures with a lower number of windings then FET upgrades or use of a power management board(V2) is needed.

why would you need an upgrade with the board??? the stock board can handle the motor. the only difference would be running liths. that would be the best power source for a motor with neo mags. at least from my experience. i've made 8 motors, am using 3 and experiementing with 4. so far, my best times and speed were with either the sb motor with 2 liths, or the sb motor with 8 cells. the next best thing was the sb motor with 6 cells. to do anything above 2 liths, you'd then need stacked FET's or a better board. but for most i would go with the sb motor and a 6 cell upgrade.

ferrarip4.5
01-02-2007, 12:07 PM
what are you guys on. first of all, chi town balling, the magnets in Sping brush is not neo magnets, second of all, as the strengh of the magnets gets stronger the only thing that changes is the torque, not the rpm, i would like a prove of 65k sp motor.

also you DONT need electronic upgrades of any kind with the two cell lith, stock board can handle it, sp motor DOESNT draw enough current that you need to upgrade your FETs.

and you have the risk of frying your board ( assuming stock board, even with stacked fets) with 8 cells.

skylinedriver
01-03-2007, 06:18 AM
Thank you Ferrari, at least there's someone else who understands the basic principle of electric motors and the specs of an xmod EP who can help get the point across

ferrarip4.5
01-03-2007, 02:35 PM
ya physics class helps lol