PDA

View Full Version : shaving off parts?

SpitfireV12RR
11-04-2004, 03:25 PM
what parts can you shave a little to get off the weight( i do alot of DR and my ****ing car takes forever to get off the line.

XRL15thplaceskyline
11-04-2004, 04:10 PM
i have performance upgrades i do for people but i cant get my site going
i will give you the list:

Performance packages:

Street package-8.00
-trim chassis of useless plastic(weight reduction level 1)
-add a mono shock
-trim steering nuckles

Semi racing package-15.00
-trim chassis of useless plastic(weight reduction level 2)
-add mono shock
-trim steering nuckles
-lighten front deck
-tighter plastic nuts
-glue tires
-2 holes in the heat sink
-tie rod customized for better steering response

Pro drag package-30.00
-trim chassis of usless plastic(extreme reduction)
-no mono shock but doubled springs in the rear
for better launches and traction
-trimed steering nuckles
-lighten front deck
-washer behind lug nuts to reduce woble
-glued super oft slicks
-drilled heat sink or switch to plastic
-toe rod customized for better steering response
-removed front and side windows
-remove the body kit screws and replace with glue
-remove mirrors and screw spots for light kit
-add a 55uF motor capacitor to

Custom packages can be made

SpitfireV12RR
11-04-2004, 04:40 PM
i like the custom pagages, the pro drag is a little to far, now front, or side windows thats wat i didn't like about it everyting el;se is oay

SpitfireV12RR
11-04-2004, 04:41 PM
i like the custom pagages, the pro drag is a little to far, now front, or side windows thats wat i didn't like about it everyting el;se is oay

XRL15thplaceskyline
11-04-2004, 08:14 PM
do you want me to do anything??

you could list what you want and i could make a custom package 4 u??

viperdout
11-04-2004, 08:20 PM
Take apart your whole car, down to the bare chassis. Break out your dremel or other cutting tool. Cut out the little hump in front that protects the diff (if you're driving in very bumpy areas often, don't do that). Next, go to the sidewalls where the battery holders mount. Cut it out, leaving only the outside of the wall intacton both sides. The batteries will cover up the hole. Next, break out your mini drill set. Put holes everywhere you can in plastic! Next, swap your metal heatsink for the yellow stocker. Tests have shown the metal heatsink is a waste, and will not save your motor from frying. Next, start putting your xmod back together. I suggest going with 2WD if you're worried about weight and you get good grip on 2WD. Don't put back on the front cover, and cut the back one in half, and take out the material between the 2 holes (but leave the material arround the holes alone). Now that you're done with the chassis, it's time to move on to the body. Take your body apart, and dremel off all the screw mounts, then glue everything back on, except for your hood and spoiler. Take off your hood, and cut off everything under it, EXCEPT the screwholes. It you want, you can just run the body without bumpers or anything! That should cut off a lot of weight.

SpitfireV12RR
11-04-2004, 08:24 PM
yes, that'd be nice, how about the trim chassis of useless plastic(extreme reduction, the no mono shock but doubled springs in rear, and a mono shock in front, trimed steering nuckles, and toe rod customazation. Can you put a price?

livestrong350z
11-04-2004, 08:54 PM
id just get cf parts
but i guess you could trim off some of the extra stuff

and i heard that you could soak your stock xmod body in paint thiner to get the extra weight off of it but it makes your body pretty flimsy

skyline19
11-04-2004, 09:08 PM
i heard that you could soak your stock xmod body in paint thiner to get the extra weight off of it but it makes your body pretty flimsy

yep :nod:

Rage
11-05-2004, 05:10 PM
well go to my website... if you can actually see any of the blury pics you can see that i dont have any of the stock underbody plastic... the antenna... just screw it to the hole under the plate that holds it on and get rid of the plate... same for the front cover plate... none of that stuff is actually needed XP!!! :lol:

SpitfireV12RR
11-05-2004, 09:14 PM
wow! :o hes right! :o you can take off the front and BACK decks, you just take out the big screws that hold the battery in place, take deck off, put the big screws right where they were! the antenna ca just go where you has=d a screw holding down the deck. but do you need to cover it up with glad wrap, so nothing big gets cloged in the spur gear?

FociFanatic
11-09-2004, 09:36 AM
If you're driving the car inside, It's highly unlikely that anything will get caught up in the gearing. I don't have any decks and have been running outside for months, and nothing's happened so far.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v456/HirotoR34/chassispic2ver2.jpg
Take a look. This is as light as it's gonna get without going CF. I've managed to shave off almost 4 grams.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v456/HirotoR34/superchass.jpg
I'm gonna ditch the heatsink for the stock plastic mount. Stock motors don't get hot enough to warrant using it