PDA

View Full Version : MY sig, you likie likie??

FlaminG35
12-17-2006, 09:11 PM
Since the Title is pretty much self-explanitory, how do you like it? Just my opinion on the "fart" car thing, and the wrench-build-car thing is true! Unless, you're perhaps, missing an arm (or two :p). Whaddya think?

;) Numbchux, hah!

DRFTKO
12-17-2006, 09:32 PM
there is way more to building a car than JUST turning a wrench!!! The part about the hissing intake and the africanized (or whatever *** s@#$ you called it) muffler offends me:mad: , I'm an import fan and I don't know why you are making fun of them considering your avatar is the AEM logo (and by the way I am running an AEM intake on my hatch and it "hisses" a lot, so your avatar is hippocritical in my opinion) However I do hate any front wheel drive vehicle that has a ridiculouslly enormous wing on it (it serves hardly any purpose)

spanx
12-17-2006, 09:34 PM
there is way more to building a car than JUST turning a wrench!!!
yep

civic_guy
12-17-2006, 11:20 PM
there is way more to building a car than JUST turning a wrench!!! The part about the hissing intake and the africanized (or whatever *** s@#$ you called it) muffler offends me:mad: , I'm an import fan and I don't know why you are making fun of them considering your avatar is the AEM logo (and by the way I am running an AEM intake on my hatch and it "hisses" a lot, so your avatar is hippocritical in my opinion) However I do hate any front wheel drive vehicle that has a ridiculouslly enormous wing on it (it serves hardly any purpose)

Wow...someone needs to remember to take his meds...im jk. Seriously though...I love imports but that's just too funny to get mad at. I mean 90% of the import scene is coffee can exhausts, duct tape body kits and plastic spinner hub-caps. Bottom line...it's funny...NICE SIG!

Numbchux
12-18-2006, 02:41 AM
holy eyesore! tone it down a notch.

and, as mentioned, there's alot more to working on cars then turning a wrench.

CAI's rule. especially when accompanied by supercharger whine

and Front we'll drive?! that doesn't make any sense! All We'll Drive is a pun, it has multiple meanings.

besides, FWD is only good for mpg.....

ravevolution
12-18-2006, 04:20 AM
Thats to me is a waste of space, just like this post.

kidZim
12-18-2006, 10:13 AM
holy eyesore! tone it down a notch.

and, as mentioned, there's alot more to working on cars then turning a wrench.

CAI's rule. especially when accompanied by supercharger whine

and Front we'll drive?! that doesn't make any sense! All We'll Drive is a pun, it has multiple meanings.

besides, FWD is only good for mpg.....

And driving in reverse!

Signature - to big, I do not like.

Thriller
12-18-2006, 02:58 PM
too small....+ 90 percent of the tuning world is that to you ??? comeon dude are you serious ?? youre too stereotypical !!!

musclecars4life
12-18-2006, 09:54 PM
TOO BIG!!! and turning a wrench is not what builds a car. Knowledge is. gotta know where all the stuff goes and what it does, before you can PROPERLY put a car together.

jabari
12-18-2006, 10:44 PM
TOO BIG!!! and turning a wrench is not what builds a car. Knowledge is. gotta know where all the stuff goes and what it does, before you can PROPERLY put a car together.

Amen to that brotha

DRFTKO
12-18-2006, 11:29 PM
and numbchux what I was referring to is huge wings on front wheel drive vehicles and how they serve no purpose!!!

Numbchux
12-19-2006, 03:59 AM
and numbchux what I was referring to is huge wings on front wheel drive vehicles and how they serve no purpose!!!

I don't know why you directed that at me. I didn't respond to your post....but now that you mention it, I'll comment on it anyway.

even RWD cars under ~700rwhp don't need a wing for traction. once they get up to the speed required to get any serious downforce from the wing, they can't burn out anyway.

aerodynamics kits, in theory, and in their original uses, are for high speed handling. open track cars and the like.

the stupid thing about crap like that on a street car, is 99% of them never see track use. the vast majority of track cars that can actually benefit from aero work like that, don't ever get driven on the street. they get trailered to and from the events.

long story short: your opinions aren't based any more in reality than his...

FlaminG35
12-19-2006, 09:01 PM
Whoah, ok, just step back a second and read this. I AM an import fan! Hellz ya, I want a Prelude as my first car! I didn't mean to offend anyone here, but sorry if I did. I love AEM, DC Sports, StreetGlow, all that aftermarket stuff! I'm talking about (the fart car part) that punk that pulls up next to you in a Neon (I have nothing against Dodge, just an example) and has those fake plastic spinners from A.A.P. or somethin, a GINORMOUS (yes, thats my word) wing that doesn't match the body lines, and the hugest muffler you've ever seen that looks like somethin from Star Trek, and has the crappiest tinted windows ever! You know, the kinda car that looks like he spent more money on the plastic spinners than he spent on the car! Please, check me on this! Those are the kinda people I'm talkin about! Like you (DRFTKO) and me, we have taste when it comes to modding out our cars! In seriously sorry to offend any of you guys, but it wasn't meant for you to take it like that! Sorry....

EDIT: About that wrench you can build a car. I'm not talking about building a car from the ground up here! I'm talking more along the lines of adding aftermarket hardware. And the saying is meant to be really really broad, not limited to just wrenches. Yeah, if you only had wrenches, theres no way in the whole WORLD you could install stuff on your car! And besides, its just a saying. Thats a pretty good motto to go by, in my opinion, because you don't NEED air tools, or something to that extent (even though I couldn't live without em) to install parts on your car. And pretty much just basic bolts ons, like coilovers, intake, exhuast (even though you do need a special o2 sensor for the header) not installing a camshaft! LOL! Could you imagine? Installing a stroker kit with wrenchs? Good god, that'd take forever! Again, sorry if you took it the wrong way.

XmodGam3r
12-19-2006, 09:05 PM
i liek your sig

FlaminG35
12-19-2006, 09:13 PM
Thanks XModGamer, you see it the way I do.

And out to all those who didn't like my sig before, I've changed it, so I hope you're happy. But you took it the wrong way, oh well, its my fault! (mostly)

XmodGam3r
12-19-2006, 09:15 PM
yeah, it reminds me of doge ball (if you can doge a rench you can doge a ball)

DRFTKO
12-19-2006, 09:32 PM
I don't know why you directed that at me. I didn't respond to your post....but now that you mention it, I'll comment on it anyway.

even RWD cars under ~700rwhp don't need a wing for traction. once they get up to the speed required to get any serious downforce from the wing, they can't burn out anyway.

aerodynamics kits, in theory, and in their original uses, are for high speed handling. open track cars and the like.

the stupid thing about crap like that on a street car, is 99% of them never see track use. the vast majority of track cars that can actually benefit from aero work like that, don't ever get driven on the street. they get trailered to and from the events.

long story short: your opinions aren't based any more in reality than his...

numbchux, you said something earlier on this same thread DIRECTED TOWARDS ME about front wheel drive and I was telling you about what it said on Flaming35's sig and how a lot of front wheel drive cars have a wing that qoute "looks like it belongs in star trek" and serves no purpose unless it is a true beast on the track. I agree with everything you said however you sit there and talk to me like im a five year old when it comes to automotive theorys and i dont appreciate that, I know a thing or two about cars and im an automotive tech in training and have messed with cars for a few years now, so please dont talk to me about cars like i am stupid (Xmods you can lol, because you seem to be an expert on them!!!)

and flamingg35, its all cool, apology accepted

BlackSky909
12-19-2006, 09:44 PM
It never ends.

xmodkidd33
12-21-2006, 06:28 PM
Whoah, ok, just step back a second and read this. I AM an import fan! Hellz ya, I want a Prelude as my first car! I didn't mean to offend anyone here, but sorry if I did. I love AEM, DC Sports, StreetGlow, all that aftermarket stuff! I'm talking about (the fart car part) that punk that pulls up next to you in a Neon (I have nothing against Dodge, just an example) and has those fake plastic spinners from A.A.P. or somethin, a GINORMOUS (yes, thats my word) wing that doesn't match the body lines, and the hugest muffler you've ever seen that looks like somethin from Star Trek, and has the crappiest tinted windows ever! You know, the kinda car that looks like he spent more money on the plastic spinners than he spent on the car! Please, check me on this! Those are the kinda people I'm talkin about! Like you (DRFTKO) and me, we have taste when it comes to modding out our cars! In seriously sorry to offend any of you guys, but it wasn't meant for you to take it like that! Sorry....

I think the term of that is a "ricer"

lee
12-30-2006, 11:24 AM
nice

chi_town_ballin
01-01-2007, 12:52 AM
i'm probably opening an old thread. lol. but i have to say, reading things like this is VERY interesting. i'm surprised how many people actually go along with these things. funny!