PDA

View Full Version : Steering problem

Skyline5654
12-14-2006, 11:36 PM
I have an evolution lancer and I was messin around with it and I would take off on a straight away and then turn left really sharp and make it spin. Well I tried it going right and it would do it. I can take sharp turns left but not with right. Has this happen to anyone and what should I do?

Numbchux
12-15-2006, 07:07 PM
ok, with it powered on, lift the car off the ground. without touching the controller. do the wheels point straight forward?

when you turn the steering on the controller side to side, to the wheels on the car turn all the way to either side? i.e. turns further to one side than the other...

gently hit the throttle, and watch the wheels carefully, especially the front wheels. do they all spin at the same speed? this is assuming you have AWD....but even if you don't, do the rear wheels spin at the same speed?

you've got to give more information on the setup too...

Skyline5654
12-15-2006, 08:37 PM
Well I lifted it up and looked at the front wheels and one was a straight and one was a little off. They both turned fine off the ground when was lookin at it but then when I ran it turned wide still.

Numbchux
12-16-2006, 02:10 AM
when you say one was a little off....how much is a little? if something is out of alignment, than it will cause it to handle funny.

I'm assuming this is the lancer in your sig...

is it AWD? do you have bearings?

Luminous
12-26-2006, 04:44 PM
Ohhhhh..... ty i get it now easy lol:)