PDA

View Full Version : how do you paint a supra?

m11px
05-03-2004, 04:46 PM
i am getting a white supat body and i have a red 1. i dontknow what color to paint it or how?

aney one know????

mike pevine

:P :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :P thanks

Rollndubs00
05-05-2004, 09:39 PM
Ok first go to any store like auto zone or wal mart,etc. and get some testors paint (preferably green for your supra)and then buy an airbrush kit (prices around $10.00) Then you take the body of of the chassis and tape around parts you dont want painted then you put the paint in the airbrush and do a littlte at a time (barely spray it,and keep adding more coats until you like it, Then youll be pimpin :nod:

aznballa2k4
05-08-2004, 12:55 AM
a nice color blue would look nice. something like an Electron Blue. if i was to paint it, i'd prime it first. if its a light color paint then use a light color primer. for dark color paints it wouldn't really matter how dark the primer is. like what 2k1cvcMoD said, you could get paint from those stores. they don't sell model paint like testors.(you'll have to go to a hobby store for that) airbrushes work nicely too. you'll need a compressor to go along with it, though. and don't forget to add thinner to the paint or else the paint will be lumpy when it sprays. people say painting it is a 3 step process. (right now don't worry about the windows). first spray is just to get some paint on it and don't worry bout getting every spot. second is to spray it again covering every spot. and 3rd is to get spots you missed. becareful not to spray too much or else it'll the paint will bleed. try to keep a thin layer of paint on it. you don't need a thick coat.now the windows. its kinda tedious but o well you want it to turn out great. you'll need some nice new tape. i prefer model tape. paint each window one at a time. mask it good. paint it then once you're done, peel the tape off. don't let it sit there along with the paint to dry. if you let it sit then when you peel it off, it might crack/chip the paint. and thats it. :o wow thats a lot of stuff. hope it helped. if you got anymore questions, feel free to ask. :nod:

SupaSupraBob13
05-08-2004, 09:45 AM
actully i get my testors spray from wal mart, i have 2 white supras one is testors green metal flake the othe blue metal flake the blue one has a roof scoop and a wide body

m11px
05-11-2004, 06:54 PM
ah were do you get a roof scope ad how do you put it on. firat....does it look good?

thanks mike

Nismo_34
05-11-2004, 07:52 PM
i would also like 2 kno how :)

suprastar
06-04-2004, 02:09 AM
paint that supra metallic lime green and maybe blue or white wheels. to make a roof scoop take some thin but sturdy material, shape it the way u want it,go to longs and get some testors molding putty an put it on where u want it . i havn't acctually done this but i have read about 50 how tos on this stuff and this is what is most frequentlly said to be the way to do it

Dilbones
07-05-2004, 05:16 PM
Mirage paint is basiclly high quality paint at a cheepe price. I used it on my rsx. If you use the pearlescent paint on your supra, it'll look hot, I used pearlescent on my acura and it rocks, I also used it on my larger 1/10 scale cars. Or you could go with glossy black. I once saw a real supra with that paint with chrome color rims, and a nissan style intercooler sticking out. If you could do that to your supra and put a roof scoop on it, It's gonna look tight.

SwedishRacer
10-04-2004, 07:40 PM
paint that supra metallic lime green and maybe blue or white wheels. to make a roof scoop take some thin but sturdy material, shape it the way u want it,go to longs and get some testors molding putty an put it on where u want it . i havn't acctually done this but i have read about 50 how tos on this stuff and this is what is most frequentlly said to be the way to do it

go meallic lime green!!! best supra color, good with neon green underglow!

sorry if I might be double posting!!