PDA

View Full Version : Screws breaking off at steering knuckles.

bcjet
10-24-2004, 05:16 PM
Hey guys wondering if anybody else is having this problem and how to remedy it. We are running three xmods on a cement drive way. The problem on all three is the ground clearance. We keep sheering of the screws that go into the bottom of the steering knuckles. My question is where do we get new steering knouckles and how do we stop this from happening, besides not driving them on our cement drive way. For now I just put the extra little body screws in the knuckles seems to hold but the suspension is not able to float the way it is suppose to.

These things are blast.

:roll_eye:

SwedishRacer
10-24-2004, 05:38 PM
you need new ones or one from gpm, happened to me during a drift. but new ones.

viperdout
10-24-2004, 09:48 PM
you need new ones or one from gpm, happened to me during a drift. but new ones.

I would suggest that too if it is a reoccuring problem, but you can order another set of the cheap plastic stockers at your local RS.

bcjet
10-25-2004, 06:39 AM
Thanks for the help. I talkded to RS today they said the knuckles are 2.50 a piece and would take 7 to 10 days to come in. :x I would have thought they would have these parts available at the store.

SwedishRacer
10-25-2004, 01:52 PM
unless they do ALOTof repairs, they wouldn't

livestrong350z
10-25-2004, 02:22 PM
hey if you have some extra body screws try sanding one of the screws down a little and try to fit them in there...
just a tip ive never actually tryed that before but if it works i just saved you 5 bucks :lol: :lol:

SwedishRacer
10-25-2004, 05:06 PM
Okay chino on atomic mdos did something:
can't fing it!
Okay, I think he/she/it took a bic pen and cut of a piece of the tupe and put it were the screws brake off, good and easily replaced

NOTE: Super glue it in place so it doesn't fall out!

viperdout
10-25-2004, 06:26 PM
Okay chino on atomic mdos did something:
can't fing it!
Okay, I think he/she/it took a bic pen and cut of a piece of the tupe and put it were the screws brake off, good and easily replaced

NOTE: Super glue it in place so it doesn't fall out!

The problem with that is, the reason the screw came out wasn't because it unscrewed, it was because it caught on the ground and ripped out!

SwedishRacer
10-25-2004, 07:15 PM
my car tore the nuckle in 1/2, coompletly!

bedroombully
10-30-2004, 10:37 PM
GPM all the way .1 time fix lol

SwedishRacer
10-31-2004, 06:09 AM
no, I can tear them aparr racing my supra.

go here:
http://swedishracing.proboards37.com/index.cgi