PDA

View Full Version : We do need more mods

Numbchux
10-13-2006, 11:05 PM
I don't know what makes you guys think we don't need more (whether it's just boske, or not...), we do. the current group just can't get around enough to keep things in check.

For example, take a look at some of this guys posts:
http://www.xmodsource.com/forum/member.php?u=2436

there's at least 5 one word posts from him in the last 2 or 3 days!

Doc4465
10-13-2006, 11:55 PM
There are like 3 Mods. More then enough.
Also , Mods aren't going to read EVERY SINGAL POST there is. If it gets way off topic , they'll send a warning and then if it continuse , they close it.

I think its ok.
The mods here ROCK !:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

BlackSky909
10-14-2006, 11:29 AM
There are like 3 Mods. More then enough.
Also , Mods aren't going to read EVERY SINGAL POST there is. If it gets way off topic , they'll send a warning and then if it continuse , they close it.

I think its ok.
The mods here ROCK !:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:
Atleast someone notices, also dude Ive been busy with school. Chill out. And that guy is banned btw.

Doc4465
10-14-2006, 11:50 AM
Numbchux is banned ?
Ok...

School does get in the way. I have to read for two hours to get one hour of computer. :(

vietazndude
10-14-2006, 12:36 PM
lol no that other dude is banned

BlackSky909
10-14-2006, 12:42 PM
xmoddslancer is banned.

Doc4465
10-14-2006, 02:52 PM
Ohhh , ok. Now i get it.

Chux , why should we get more mods. ?

Numbchux
10-15-2006, 03:30 AM
Blacksky, I do notice you, and the others. but the fact is, that with the number of new daily posts here, 3 mods is not enough (though I beleive it's technically 4 or 5, but you only see 3 of them). that's why they can't read everything. there should be enough mods, that virtually every post will be read by one within a few hours of posting it. it's the only effective way to prevent flaming and spaming, and certainly random pointless drama....

in my experience, having a bunch of mods works pretty well, but what works best, is to assign a couple to each section of the boards. and that mod's responsibility is to make sure that every post in that section is read, every time there's a new post, regardless of whether it's actuallly an interesting thread or not.

I really get the impression that the current mods are simply surfing the forum as they normally would, and if they happen to notice something, action is taken.

I like that Xmodslancer was banned......but he's been spamming the forum for days....

my point is not that the current mods are doing a bad job, but this is just too large of a site for only a few mods. The only site that I regularly visit (out of 8...) that has 3 mods, also only has 115 registered users, probably less than half of which post reguraly, and barely sees more than 5 new posts a day. (check it out for yourself: http://www.nsw4x4.com/forum/ ). This is, by far, the best running forum I've EVER visited or been a member of (easily 20-30). definately an ideal user to mod ratio.

MNsubaru has 8 mods, and 700 registered users (300 active)

Ultimate subaru has 39 mods, for 18,000 registered users (1,500 active)

all of the above mentioned mods have more time to spend checking up on the forums as well (i.e. NOT in school)

you get the picture.....and the others don't have the stats listed...

this site....has almost 3,000 registered users, probably 700 or so are active....and what, 5 mods? and how many of which are in high school, and need to do chores around the house before using the internet? (honest question, not redicule)

See my point?

and no, this is not a plot to get me into the mod position, I'm not entirely confident that I could put enough time into moderating this site, I've got too many hobbies, AND I'm a full-time Mechanical Engineering major. and 9 times of 10, I'm logging on via dial-up, which makes checking everything a bit difficult.

Doc4465
10-15-2006, 03:50 AM
Ok , we've been though this before. Blacksky put up a add looking for mods. Then he went and talked to the owner of the site , and said " the site doesn't need any more mods. "

IMO , i think you want to be a mod.

How many mods do you think we should have ?

And plus. Most of the people on this site are mature. Other sites need more mods. Becuase of immature people. IMO.
Xmod world - 6 mods ?
6,000 -1,400 active ?

Numbchux
10-15-2006, 03:58 AM
Ok , we've been though this before. Blacksky put up a add looking for mods. Then he went and talked to the owner of the site , and said " the site doesn't need any more mods. "

IMO , i think you want to be a mod.

How many mods do you think we should have ?

And plus. Most of the people on this site are mature. Other sites need more mods. Becuase of immature people. IMO.
Xmod world - 6 mods ?
6,000 -1,400 active ?

I know we've been through this before, read my origional post, I specifically refer to that.

read the end of my last thread, I don't want to be a mod, I did apply, but I don't think I could put in what this site needs. Besides, I was a mod on MNSubaru for about 6 months, it's not all it's cracked up to be. I do, however think this site needs help, and would be willing to do what I can, if asked.

I think 6-7 ACTIVE mods would work well, 8-9 would be better, and that way a few could be assigned to specific sections of the site, and they would be much more effective.

xmod world is a terrible example

this site has the most immature members of any site I frequent

forgot to mention, rccrawlers, 18 mods, 8,000 registered, probably 2-3k active.

Doc4465
10-15-2006, 04:04 AM
They need 18 mods.
We don't need it. This should kinda be done over PM.You and blacksky909.

But like , like you said
" This is, by far, the best running forum I've EVER visited or been a member of (easily 20-30). "
The site is fine. When blacksky needs help , he'll ask for it.

Numbchux
10-15-2006, 04:21 AM
They need 18 mods.
We don't need it. This should kinda be done over PM.You and blacksky909.

But like , like you said
" This is, by far, the best running forum I've EVER visited or been a member of (easily 20-30). "
The site is fine. When blacksky needs help , he'll ask for it.

I was referring to the NSW site. this one is the worst of the ones I frequent, but the best of the XMods one.

Blacksky did ask for help, and was shot down.

The information on this site is virtually impossible to find, half because the 15 forums (which is way overkill...) aren't enforced, so the information isn't where it should be, and the other half because the potentially useful threads are cluttered with crap.

like I said, this is the best of the Xmods sites, but terrible in the grand scheme of things. I don't think just being the best of the worst is enough....but if I'm alone in that opinion, I'll shut my face, and keep what I have to offer to myself.

and no, RCCrawler is not a grand example, but they're still better off than we are. The information is where it should be....the Chit Chat (O/T) section is out of control, but the rest of the site is an awesome resource! the same can't be said about this one.

BlackSky909
10-15-2006, 09:18 AM
Allrite Numb, you pleeded (sp?) your case.. Im going to get a few more mods, and assign them to a certain forum. There will be a few sets of mods assigned to different sections of the forum.

Numb, I made you a mod. Now tell me what parts of the forum you want to moderate.

Doc4465
10-15-2006, 11:41 AM
Wow , his plan worked.

Numb , It would of been better to do it over PM's.
But like i said , Blacksky909 ,will ask for help when he needs it.