PDA

View Full Version : Home Made Upgrades

minesskylineracer
10-19-2004, 05:37 PM
home made upgrades 5 or 6 cell upgrade will be fairly easy and does alot for your acceleration and drift also inside of your car theres a heatsink for your fets and you can cut some off of that and reduce weight also shave down the inside of your body and remove front plate for better drift seal rear diff open and put a little bit of silicone sealant in it DO NOT OIL UNLESS ONLY USED IN A WELL KEPT HOUSE oil collects dust and dirt increasing friction if you buy a car from walgreens you can use fets out of that just to make it cheaper but there a little difficult 2 remove.

SwedishRacer
10-19-2004, 08:18 PM
5Cell and 6Cell is BAd for drift. You want a light low grip car for drift. Liths maybe. 5Cell or 6Cell no.

snobro
10-23-2004, 11:29 PM
i have a six cell and ive outdrifted 9 lith setup cars with the same tires and suspension and steering as me.

StiXxX
10-23-2004, 11:38 PM
i can drift thr crap out of anything even with 4cells
yup i still have two 4cell cars
my 350Zm and NSX
muhuhahahaha

minesskylineracer
10-25-2004, 07:18 PM
ive had no problem drifting w/ my 6cells but i have my body slightly modded 2 fit extracells in the front/middle of the car

MachSp33d
10-25-2004, 08:23 PM
I think im going to go with the 5th cell because i dont want to much weight, and it would be hard to fit a 6th cell in my 65 stang, all yeh how is everyone getting the new mustang so soon (04 Cobra)

lionheart
11-10-2004, 10:02 PM
i poasted this some ware else and no one answered so again i ask can you pot liths and extra cells or more than two liths

SwedishRacer
11-11-2004, 07:09 AM
you want a light car in drift. I have gone sideways for like 15 feet with 4 cells!

viperdout
11-11-2004, 04:45 PM
5Cell and 6Cell is BAd for drift. You want a light low grip car for drift. Liths maybe. 5Cell or 6Cell no.

Uhhhhh, no. The longest drifts I ever pulled were with 6 cells. More power=less traction, making more sliding fun.

customxmodsparts
11-11-2004, 06:33 PM
i poasted this some ware else and no one answered so again i ask can you pot liths and extra cells or more than two liths

You do not want to mix the batteries. If can go more than two lithium cells but you will need a V1 board or Josh's H Bridge. MNM is currently working on a new board to allow more amps to be drawn through the car safely.

cXp

viperdout
11-11-2004, 10:54 PM

You do not want to mix the batteries. If can go more than two lithium cells but you will need a V1 board or Josh's H Bridge. MNM is currently working on a new board to allow more amps to be drawn through the car safely.

cXp

Josh's H-bridge has no built-in reg, but I'd bet he'd make one for it if you asked.

5.0saleen
11-12-2004, 12:35 AM
about the whole more power less traction thing isnt quite true, as soon as your tires are slipping your traction is at zero. al though more power makes you lose traction faster, cuase its a more power to weight ratio

viperdout
11-12-2004, 06:36 PM
about the whole more power less traction thing isnt quite true, as soon as your tires are slipping your traction is at zero. al though more power makes you lose traction faster, cuase its a more power to weight ratio

Well, not quite. If you're doing a burnout and moving, you're getting a little traction. Try to get the weight as far back as possible for traction and weight transfer.