PDA

View Full Version : bringing up Old Topics Sugg.

ravevolution
09-20-2006, 01:32 AM
Lately we have had some problems with people (mainy the new guys) opening up old topics, which has annoyed some people on this forum. I'm not goin to lay into you new kids since well your still finding your way around and getting used to our rules and code of conduct.

But my suggestion goes to the admin and mods. Why don't we just close all old threads, threads that are no longer active and/or older than 6 months to a year?

We obviously can stickey the real good ones.:nod:

What ya'll think

p.s. are we still loooking for a new mod? How about me? HE HE

BlackSky909
09-20-2006, 10:50 AM
Will take wayy too long dude. Also it would look weird, bad idea. But we have been cracking down on the people opening old *** threads.

Numbchux
09-20-2006, 03:34 PM
and IMHO it's no big deal to resurrect an old thread if you've got something legitamite to add to it (or ask about it). but if it's an obvious question, or if you're posting 'that's sweet' or something like that in an old thread, that's not acceptable.

so, if someone brings up an old azz thread, and a mod deletes the new post, will it 'unbump'?? That might be the best answer, so the 'post whores' don't benefit, and the archived threads stay archived.

bengali548
09-20-2006, 03:54 PM
i agree with numbchux if u resurect an old post with a valid comment than why not. even if its like a year old and some of the members dont come on anymore you get oppinions. ive ran into SO many threads where i wish it wasnt closed or old becuase either my problem was like theirs or i want to ask a burning question to the thread starter or get an answer for that burning question at least all to find out the thread is closed

BlackSky909
09-20-2006, 04:16 PM
i agree with numbchux if u resurect an old post with a valid comment than why not. even if its like a year old and some of the members dont come on anymore you get oppinions. ive ran into SO many threads where i wish it wasnt closed or old becuase either my problem was like theirs or i want to ask a burning question to the thread starter or get an answer for that burning question at least all to find out the thread is closed
. Id the thread went old and didnt keep going the problem was porlly solved or the topic starter went inactive.

2. No if the mod deletes the post it wont unbump.

BackUpPimp
09-20-2006, 04:53 PM
Thats understandable (all of it) but what about what he said? (if you got a burning queston) I was hoping to some degree that you could post on old topics, because ( like me) I only have time to get on like once a month, or on a good month, 4-8 times a month (vacations) so the "new threads" would be kinda old by the time I can get on. So would that quaify under bannable terms?

BlackSky909
09-20-2006, 07:00 PM
Thats understandable (all of it) but what about what he said? (if you got a burning queston) I was hoping to some degree that you could post on old topics, because ( like me) I only have time to get on like once a month, or on a good month, 4-8 times a month (vacations) so the "new threads" would be kinda old by the time I can get on. So would that quaify under bannable terms?

Search the forums for topics related to your question, if your question isnt answered then make a new topic. Stop getting dumb with it, open an old topic and your banned.

BackUpPimp
09-20-2006, 07:41 PM
Search the forums for topics related to your question, if your question isnt answered then make a new topic. Stop getting dumb with it, open an old topic and your banned.

Ok, simple put, ok i got it. lol :)

Srry not tring to get "dumb" with it, just asking because I don't want to get banned, simple.

So, I'm srry if i ****ed you off, didn't mean to, and by all means I don't want to get on your bad side, because as u Profile says, "I'm a mean Mod." when u want to be, so I want to stay away from that side. :)

BackUpPimp
09-20-2006, 07:59 PM
zsl;heg

Huh?

RodsRUs
09-21-2006, 12:58 AM
excatly if you have something helpful to add add it because thats why old threads are there is to answer questions already asked and so you can aadd more info to!

BlackSky909
09-21-2006, 07:35 AM
excatly if you have something helpful to add add it because thats why old threads are there is to answer questions already asked and so you can aadd more info to!
Thats reasonable but most of the time its the noobs syaing "Nice car" "cool" or something stupid like that.

BackUpPimp
09-21-2006, 10:05 AM
Well thats true, and that does have to stop. So I'm wit you all! :)