PDA

View Full Version : full turning but no go....

bengali548
09-08-2006, 04:46 PM
hey yall i havent posted up a thread in awhile lol but k this is my problem. alright when i firt got my liths i noticed there were some BIG spraks in my motor and just today i noticed that my xmod wont go. if i pic it off the ground SOMETIMES it moves but on the ground no go. i get turning though so its not a reception problem but i think its the motor. so i used another stock motor (thx bahasad) and it worked better but theres still sparks. so neways just wondering if a stock motor can handle liths or should i get a stage 2 and if a stage 2 with liths would blow my fets

bengali548
09-09-2006, 10:49 PM
lol ne1 have any idea about this sorry for double posting but its a serious issue for me

Monster180
09-09-2006, 11:12 PM
i would say fets but i dont know much about liths :(

bengali548
09-09-2006, 11:29 PM
no no it still runs just sometimes it chooses not to :P

Mini-T Owner
09-10-2006, 10:20 AM
Igot liths yesterday too I noticed that. BUt mine Works great. Only thing I did was fry mt FETs on the board that came in my truck so I swapped it out. But dont worry about it. Itll be fine

bengali548
09-10-2006, 10:48 AM
well actually now it escalated to sometimes it turns i think theres a break in the connection somewhere and i also noticed that if i pushed my motor down it seems to go faster???? so i took out the plastic piece BENEATH the motor and it seems faster and the problem stopped for a bit but its still there

jimmythekid1
09-10-2006, 12:33 PM
well actually now it escalated to sometimes it turns i think theres a break in the connection somewhere and i also noticed that if i pushed my motor down it seems to go faster???? so i took out the plastic piece BENEATH the motor and it seems faster and the problem stopped for a bit but its still there

It sounds like you are on the right track. In oder for sparks to accure that must be a gap to create the arc you are seeing. i would check for bad connection some where that a lot of current is drawn from.

For example the main battery connection on the board, the motor.

bengali548
09-10-2006, 11:33 PM
well i should admit a little secret :P k well im waiting for my dean plus to come in the mail so im wrapping the wires around so a connection is made i know its bad but i wanna play lol well newayz do you think thats the problem oh and also im mixing silver wire with copper wire

EDIT::::: HOLD ON I THINK I KNOW WUT THE PROBLEM IS wel i recall seeing sparks so there could be a resistance with the brushes so it could be that the motor has run out of lube so should i water dip the motor than drown it in some wd40??????????????????

jimmythekid1
09-11-2006, 06:27 PM
your wires are wraped together that mot likely is your problem.

bengali548
09-12-2006, 06:49 AM
really it still forms an electrical connection and i just got this problem recently