PDA

View Full Version : My xmod doesnt go to far :(

WRX Ryder
09-03-2006, 10:31 PM
can someone please tell my how to make my xmod go far? right now it can only go the length of my hallway (which is pretty short).i would like to test my xmod but it goes to short.HELP!

kidZim
09-03-2006, 11:05 PM
Push it down a hill

oddryu
09-04-2006, 01:00 AM
burned out yur inductors

WRX Ryder
09-04-2006, 01:00 AM
how do you do that?

solcat
09-04-2006, 07:25 PM
i had the same problem but i have 2 a gen 1 and an evo, both on the same crystals, my evo started not goin far and just not goin, but when i tried the other control for my gen1 it worked fine so im guessing it has something to do with your controller.....also check the little knob on the controller closer to you for the frequency length and make sure its on max.

mp350z
09-04-2006, 07:55 PM
can someone please tell my how to make my xmod go far? right now it can only go the length of my hallway (which is pretty short).i would like to test my xmod but it goes to short.HELP!
Get a longer hallway....;)

BlackSky909
09-04-2006, 10:34 PM
is the car new? if so it might have a bad receiver, I returned a F-150 before it was messaed up, I think they just repack the broken ones and resell them.

thrillbilly
09-04-2006, 10:52 PM
pull the antenna all the way out

bengali548
09-04-2006, 11:29 PM
omg lol read do some research b4 u post stuff like this okay try this first before replacing your inductors
A) check crystals , crystals tend to wear out after awhile its cuz people constantly take the crystals out and putting them in which makes the holder for the crystals loose thus loosing reception
B) GO OUTSIDE lol if your in an apartment theres alot of radio disruption?? lol basically with all the microwaves and t.vs and radios this blocks the signal to your xmod.
C) extend your antenna and make sure theres no rub or such.

now if none of that works put your controller antenna to it lowest point place your xmod on a ledge so the wheels are hanging freely and pull the throttle and walk away if you hear sputtering 1-2 steps away ye you got a serious problem.

OR you could try the easy way out by soldering two antenna wires together or make your antenna the "perfect length" im not going into detail about the perfect antenna but try those out and see post wut happens

solcat
09-04-2006, 11:47 PM
:D NOW THATS AN ANSWER!!! :D gj bengali548 thats some help! im gonna try it right now.

BlackSky909
09-05-2006, 06:11 AM
:D NOW THATS AN ANSWER!!! :D gj bengali548 thats some help! im gonna try it right now.
No its not, 1 its not that easy to just say replace the inductors that requires some nice soldering, and 2 the length of the antenna wont increase your range being the antenna length has a programed length to the length of a stock antenna, so bam.

bengali548
09-05-2006, 08:37 PM
well inductors does take some skill but i gotta grill you on the antenna i read up on this lol. the antenna comes as a comfortable height with all the xmods this is stock to have max reception you have to adjust the length of the antenna to match your frequency of your crystal (i forgot what the exact calculation was) when you do this you get the perfect antenna consider it an antenna made solely for that crystal alone. now with this perfect antenna you can double it triple it aslong as its multiples. in the end all of our xmods are losing reception but the ones with the perfect antenna (and i mean to the dot exact) arent wearing out their reception at all.