PDA

View Full Version : Trailer

ScottA32754
08-27-2006, 11:10 AM
i am thinkin about making a trailer using sheet metal and a thick screen type material. hopefully i can find a small welder or torch to keep it together. its gonna fit 2 cars and im either gonna use the new Titan or an F-150 to haul it. Im thinkin fifth wheel. its gonna be flat bed and hopefully have taillights. there might be short sides and the back is gonna have a flip down ramp.

im still waiting for the materials so if any one has any other ideas i look into adding them onto the trailer

jimel
08-27-2006, 12:11 PM
What does fifth wheel means?

lilskipro587
08-27-2006, 12:21 PM
its hooked into the bed of a truck like a semi

Like so:
http://www.dktrailers.com/trailers/flatbed/large_photos/gooseneck.jpg

jimel
08-27-2006, 12:54 PM
Ok thanks for the answer, if you have a pin or ball whats it called then?

lilskipro587
08-27-2006, 01:24 PM
probably a tounge trailer our somethin

solcat
08-27-2006, 03:17 PM
maybe little wooden planks for the top of the bed make it look realistic :D definatly put the xmod wheels on it so its pimpin, and maybe paint the metal to match the truck. :colglma: Also you should make some kinda release lever and pully system for the gate lol just borrow it all from lego or something. :p

ScottA32754
08-27-2006, 08:38 PM
i have a concept model i made in paint but my computer is being stupid and taking a really long time to upload onto photobucket so they should be up sometime early this week

solcat
08-27-2006, 09:37 PM
awwwww boo :evil: , its a really good idea though. i like the idea think im gonn have to get a couple and gettinga group goin

dillyxmods
08-27-2006, 11:39 PM
o well i think its a sweet idea i have been thinking about that to haul my G35 around i was gunna make a bracket and hot glue it to somthing but wutever.. i hope i can see ur pics i think its gunna come out sweet!!!

my whips

G35
Hummer H2
F-150-blue: stage 2 suspension upgrade off-road upgrade rims,tires

ScottA32754
08-28-2006, 11:20 AM
Here are the pics of what i want it to look like that i made in paint but i know that im gonna have to change some stuff

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k217/ScottA32754/TopPaint.jpg

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k217/ScottA32754/SidePaint.jpg

i found old tires from a remote control semi that i got a long time ago from shaws ill have a pic of those when i get my camera. its a single tire molded to look like dual tires, there about 1.5 cm wide and 3 cm tall with chrome wheels.

REDisFASTER
08-28-2006, 05:27 PM
you can try making a fifth wheel by using a ball-end from a 1/10 hobby-grade car and connecting your XMODS to the trailer by a two ballcups and a turnbuckle from a 1/10 as well.

bahasad
08-28-2006, 07:32 PM
are u going to hitch to your hummer? i was wondering how cuz i have a hummer too

ScottA32754
08-28-2006, 08:41 PM
are u going to hitch to your hummer? i was wondering how cuz i have a hummer too

I was thinking about it but i have my hummer too high and i want to mount it to a stock height truck, i think that ill probly use a Titan with Neo mags, cheap Atomic engine, 9-25 gearing, and metal bearings. I might have to get the 4WD upgrade because the trailer is going to be about 20 inches long.

For the Tire situation i found a way to use gen 1 parts so i can mount 4 tires and be able to switch them.
I've been experimenting with suspension and found a way to make each tire have dual independant suspension, again when i get a camera ill post pics of that. For tires i have the Mud Terrains but i can swap them fo the stock hummer tires if i need to lower it. Im estimating the clearence with these tires to be 2.5cm

Ive decided that i must make the trailer with wood. i still wanna try to make one with sheet metal in the future but i dont have the right tools and i havent found any yet. so the next one will definitely be made of it

Tomorrow i should be getting a saw so ill be able to mount the wheels

solcat
08-29-2006, 02:09 AM
nice sounding tight cant wait to see this!, im gonna buy myself a kit and mod hard but first i gotta sell my psp. :evil: stupid thing makes me mad games are so expensive! and i cant hack....but anyways back to xmods that trailer is gonna be tight! :) :D