PDA

View Full Version : How To Mount Model Bodies On Evo Chasis!

XMODification
08-26-2006, 10:09 PM
:-? I tried to do a tuturial in here for this but it was giving me problems to upload it - don't really know why but I was able to do it over in Xmodworld - Sorry that I had to do it that way - but it's still the same info I would have posted over here too - here the link for the Tutorial http://www.xmodworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=20934 (http://www.xmodworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=20934) Sorry again for not being able to post it over here due to unforeseen technical difficulties. I hope it helps you guys alittle on your model converstions.:headbang:

solcat
08-28-2006, 03:29 AM
thanks very much ill be buying some models! :D :D :D :D

RodsRUs
09-02-2006, 07:48 PM
thats a pretty awsome tut dude

solcat
09-07-2006, 09:31 PM
ummm quick question i went to pick up some models but the cars are 1:28 scale....and all the models were 1:25 scale does that mean they wont fit?

Mini-T Owner
09-07-2006, 10:00 PM
No they will with modification to the body its self or the chassis. The chassis is easier to do than the body.

XMODification
09-08-2006, 01:18 PM
ummm quick question i went to pick up some models but the cars are 1:28 scale....and all the models were 1:25 scale does that mean they wont fit?

Yeah like mini-t-owner said - it's easier to make an adjusment to the chasis rather that the body. just make sure you line up the wheels in the wheel well space correctly and set the chasis to that lenght. it's all mounting it right after that!:nod:

solcat
09-08-2006, 06:01 PM
how do I extend the chasis length? is there a tut or something? and if not some one should make one.....an easy one lol

Firebirdman
09-08-2006, 09:57 PM
thanks xmodification, that was pretty useful, except for some reason, i couldn't view the pics but i think i got some idea, so ill have to buy one and give it a try! worst comes to worse, i f*** it all up lol

xmodmaverick
10-07-2006, 12:39 AM
i own a mini-z body and i put it on my evo and it fit like a DREAM! i would suggest getting a mini-z body and using that one so you get the best fit. they are 1/28 scale so no adjusting. just get the clip in the right spot and WHAMO! i suggest you get an autoscale body from Atomicmods.well, now that i think of it, might want to find somewhere else cuz thier shipping is CRAZY!

Numbchux
10-07-2006, 03:56 AM
nice tut, good way to do it, and great job of explaining it. 2 pieces of constructive criticism, however.

1. I beleive you mean inches, and not mm in the size description of the front piece. cause .3 x 2.1mm is alot smaller than the front clip :nod:

2. please, please take some clear pics. my eyes seriously hurt from trying to focus what I'm looking at. you're holding the camera too close to the body. pull the camera away from it, and then crop the edges out in MS Paint before you post the image. it really takes away from what really is a great tutorial!

Stampedekid
04-12-2007, 09:57 PM
nice tut man, i should go buy some models tomorrow!

Darkmagik
04-13-2007, 11:03 AM
nice tut man, i should go buy some models tomorrow!

Im not a mod but you shouldnt bring up old threads.

Thanks

Jon

bondo
04-13-2007, 08:49 PM
Im not a mod but you shouldnt bring up old threads.

Thanks

Jon

i dont think it should matter much with tutorials as people will always have questions/advice.
everyone has different veiws and should be allowed to query or show other ways without having to make a whole new tut.

cheers,
bondo