PDA

View Full Version : steering problems...

ghostBoy
10-16-2004, 01:22 AM
i bought the AWD upgrade. after putting it in my skyline, my car started pulling to the right. when i try to steer left, it goes straight. i'm still trying to figure it out, but i was wondering if anyone else had similar problems.

SwedishRacer
10-16-2004, 07:38 AM
yah.. I lubed it and toook it apart to see what was rong, then I put it back together

StiXxX
10-16-2004, 11:18 AM
i bought the AWD upgrade. after putting it in my skyline, my car started pulling to the right. when i try to steer left, it goes straight. i'm still trying to figure it out, but i was wondering if anyone else had similar problems.

either ur servo is WAY OFF or one of ur connections didn't go in completely
Does ur left front wheel spin?

SwedishRacer
10-16-2004, 12:57 PM
I jst changed my motor and I have the drfit kit but my front right wheel is jammed. If I find the solution I'll post.

Edit: Got it, loosen the lug nuts. lube your car up a little, and make sure the lug nuts aren't on too tight, keeping the wheel from turny, lets you control it!

ghostBoy
10-16-2004, 04:29 PM
every looks connected right. i'll try all those selcetions. thanks a lot. i'll let you know if i fix it.

driftbig
10-16-2004, 05:03 PM
hey u mit have brock the blue wire in ur car or the steering modual is of senterd

livestrong350z
10-16-2004, 05:47 PM
you might have the white thing that moves the tie rod screwed in too tight, or you might have the wheels screwed in too tight on the top and the bottom of the axels. :lol:
and try lubing it also, that never hurts
(unless you get dirt cloged up in your gears if you use it outside)
:lol: :lol:

StiXxX
10-16-2004, 05:59 PM
from what everyones wrote so far one of our suggestions should help :nod:

SOULFLY
10-17-2004, 02:00 PM
i bought the awd and it sucked so what i did was take it off and learned to drive with out it. you might think its kewl and all but it takes away from your top end speed on stait aways. :hail: :firedevi:

StiXxX
10-17-2004, 02:53 PM
if u hav a really fast RWD xmod and u only hav rs parts u r sure to snao/brake something w/out AWD

ghostBoy
10-17-2004, 06:24 PM
i loosened the lug nuts, and lubed a little. fixed it right up. thanks a lot for everyone's help. :guns: