PDA

View Full Version : newbie help, xmod isnt working basically

c64954
10-14-2004, 06:58 PM
alright, well im sure you guys might get this question alot but, here is the issue

my brother got an xmod for christmas, it was cool, but he stopped playing with it for a while, until now. when he got it back out, charged the batteries up and stuff, it just simply didnt work.

the batteries are all new, including the 9volt on the controller

i would check if there was power in the thing but my voltmeter is broken :(

all of the leads and stuff are still soldered on, nothing loose(that happened to a friend of mine)

im really new to xmods, but im not new to electrical work, if this needs to be resolved with soldering and other things of that work its not a big deal, if anyone can help me out i would really appreciate it

p.s. its an acura rsx.. if it really matters

SOULFLY
10-14-2004, 07:13 PM
whenb i got my rsx i had the same problem. if you put a new motor in it and tighten the screws to tight the motor will not turn. so che all the screws the other problem i had was that the batteries kept getting negativly charged. if it doesent work, what i did was talk to the manager about exchangeing it for another one. sometimes rat shack managers are kewl with it.even though the connections are still soldered it might have come undone on the mother bord. try the batts then try talking to the managers. dot take no for an awnser. if you have any more questions check out my website at www.freewebs.com/atomicmoddesign and there iz a guest book that i check daily leave a poast and ill get bck to you. there iz also a way to email me questions. :firedevi:

viperdout
10-15-2004, 10:04 PM
Take the motor out, leave it plugged in, and see if it runs. If it doesn't, switch motors, and see if that helps. Could be a loose connection.

livestrong350z
10-16-2004, 07:48 PM
they only have a 90 day warentee
(i think thats what it is) :lol:

RadioShackGuy
11-01-2004, 03:59 AM
i could get in trouble for sayin this but o well lemmie help out a fellow xmoder............ dont tell radioshack this fourum told u so but Radioshack has a 50 dollar rule..... if u have a problem no matter what it is Radioshack has to resolv it in the store if its under 50bucks... most managers Wont do dis so all u have to do is call 1800theshack and theyl make the store do it!!!!!! peace out pplz

SwedishRacer
11-01-2004, 07:15 AM
thats nice...my rat **** is a bunch of *** wipes

StiXxX
11-01-2004, 11:22 AM
hmm..? that's new info thanx
does rs order just bodies for the xmod cars or was someone bullsh'n me?

and welcome if i havn't done that already :D

RadioShackGuy
11-02-2004, 09:58 PM
no prob guys .... um ordering bodies only?????? no we dont order just the bodies.... as far as i know n e ways..... maybe if u make an rsu order as they call it but even then i dont think u can get jus the bodies..... id ask my boss but he dont know a dam thing!