PDA

View Full Version : Freakin Sweet!

Pepsiboy700
08-15-2006, 04:53 PM
Ok my dad killed my new evo xmod by plugging liths to the car and a power pack charger to the car resulting in the frying of the main board. I decided to revive my old 1st gen xmod and wanted some liths. I had just got 2 free ipods from some friends because they didnt work but I fixed them by just reformating. I noticed they use 3.7v 400mah batteries. I figured I would check charge voltage on ipod connector just to make sure. I took the 2 batteries and soldered them together and charged them for 30 minutes watching the voltage with a volt meter. It finally stopped climbing when the batteries were charged to 8.2v and not even hot. So I took my new stage 2 motor and broke it in and put it in the car with the liths and now my xmod can go somewhere between 15-20mph (basically faster than any of my friends can run) and it will run for a long time with constant use (30 minutes atleast). Anyone recommend what else I can do to this xmod. You think fets and a new motor would help to go faster? Is it worth adding another battery thats the same?

Oh and btw, I got all this stuff for free. Car was broken but I fixed it but put it in a box and lost it but found it. Batteries from free ipods and motor from my dad for my new blown up car. Lol. Finally something goes my way and actually happened.