PDA

View Full Version : FACT: New Evo XMods

FlaminG35
07-26-2006, 08:17 PM
Yup, just like WRX Ryder said, there are new XMods. Of course, it only makes sense. Christmas months are closing in on us, and the XMod is one of Radio Shacks best sellers! So, heres the low-down. Today I did some research over the telephone. I called eighteen (yes, it took a while) Radio Shacks and asked them "Are there going to be new XMod models coming out sometime soon?" And here are the results.

Five of the stores said yes there will be, and thirteen stores didn't know and/or suggested the Radio Shack website or to try XModsRC.com. And yes, there will be a Scion TC coming out (I'll be one of the first to grab it!) and one more XMod, but no one knew what the other one was "right off the top of their head." So, I'll call back tomorrow and see if they can see the top of their heads. Well, I hope that helped clear the confusion, and now you know, RodsRUs, that WRX Ryder wasn't bull****ting you. WRX Ryder was right. For once:D.

WRX Ryder
07-27-2006, 03:37 AM
WHAT DO YOU MEAN FOR ONCE!?!?!?!??!
And i knew i was right.Theses eyes of mines do not decieve!!!(most of the time)

MikeDuBose
07-27-2006, 08:51 AM
Theses eyes of mines do not decieve!!!(most of the time)

Theses? lol

slpknt17
07-27-2006, 02:17 PM
dude that sounds reall sik, will the tc be for the Evo series?

weezer
07-27-2006, 02:24 PM
dude that sounds reall sik, will the tc be for the Evo series?

I'm assuming it will be, lol. Read the title :lol: .

skyline-rsx392
07-27-2006, 02:56 PM
great another evo. dont they get it that evo's suck? i mean there cheap plastic, break easy, boards fry easy, and there are several returns. y not a new better chassie or stick with the gen. 1

Acura_rulez
07-27-2006, 03:01 PM
gen 1 were tha(more cars) best if you dont like tha plastic buy a miniz body thats what im about to do

WRX Ryder
07-27-2006, 06:41 PM
i like the evo chassis.i dont get whats wrong with it.

RodsRUs
07-27-2006, 06:48 PM
ist a peice of junk!

REDisFASTER
07-27-2006, 07:07 PM
i like the evo chassis.i dont get whats wrong with it.

I'm with you dude... These guys are complaining how they break too easily... Well, that sort of tells you that they're playin' with them too harsh... If you guys try racing 1/10 buggy or 1/10 electric or nitro touring, they're more fragile than Xmods... Scrub the walls and you may end up bending turnbuckles, breaking upper or lower arms, and even tweaking your chassis, especially if you're running a pivotball susp. And repairing them costs more than what you paid for your starter kit... So you guys, just quit complaining.

RodsRUs
07-27-2006, 08:06 PM
kk big guy have fun with your nitros and 1/10 scales
we are complaning that the evos are not as good as the gen 1's strenght wise

FlaminG35
07-27-2006, 09:37 PM
HELLZ YA! I'll post whatever the other XMod that is coming out is. But I'm definately gonna get the tC. I just hope the put something good out, like another sport compact. But, it would be a helluva lot more practical if they came out with an SUV. Like trying to appeal to the black community and come out with an Escalade. I think that would be really sweet, and to make the mix complete, they would have to come out with a spinners wheel upgrade. But, if (and when) I do get the tC (unless the other XMod appeals to me a whole lot more) I'm gonna make it my project car, but I'm not gonna say what I will do to it, but I allready have lots of ideas :D. But just to spice up this forum, I'm gonna post a list of cars I think that they would really appeal to Radio Shack, becuase I think they would sell a lot more with these cars:

And for the compact class....:
Honda Prelude (represent! lol)
Mazda Miata (now the MX-5)
Mazda RX-8
Hyundai Tiburon (just blah for my tastes)
Mitsubishi Eclipe (blah for my tastes too, but would be very appealing to others)
Chevy Cobalt SS (I would rather have this than the tC)
Volkswagen GTI
Volkswagen Beetle RSI

And for the truck/SUV class...:
Honda Pilot
Dodge Durango
Dodge Ram (Hemi definately)
Caddy Escaldeizzle (:p)

And for the V8 muscle...:
60's Vette
Dodge Charger (Hemi)
Dodge Magnum (again, Hemi)
Chrysler 300C (AWD Hemi)
Old and/or new Challenger
Plymouth Superbird (yep, the one with the huge spoiler)

I was thinking of some others, but I forgot them half-way through. I'll post them if I think of any more good ones. I'll also post if I figure out what the other new XMod will be. Thanks for reading and stay tuned for more!:nod:

PLEASE STOP ARGUING ABOUT WHICH IS BETTER, THE FIRST GENERATION CHASSIS OR THE EVO CHASSIS. GO TO MY NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS AND ARGUE THERE!!!!!:bigwink: But please, this HAS TO STOP! I've seen WAY too many threads have been closed due to this issue. And really, I don't want any of mine to close. Thanks

REDisFASTER
07-27-2006, 10:16 PM
If only Hyundai made the Tiburon GT V6 in RWD... Its got the looks of a sports car, but not the driveline to boot...

Add in a Nissan Cube to that SUV/Truck lineup

FlaminG35
07-27-2006, 10:26 PM
Agreed. Sorry, but theres not much anything else to say.

thrillbilly
07-27-2006, 10:54 PM
i think that due to there high win number in D1 drift they should have an older model corrola!

FlaminG35
07-27-2006, 11:02 PM
Thank you! I completely forgot about the legendary Corolla. My MAJOR bad! With the insanly good balance, it friggin ROCKS through the corners! But the only bad side is that you won't find tourqe ANYWHERE in the motor. And, you can't put a turbo or superchager on it to fix the power problem, cause it will completely throw off the balance. My bad!

REDisFASTER
07-27-2006, 11:35 PM
Yeah, but don't have RS put Corolla GT-S insignia on it, Sprinter Trueno GT-Apex insignia would be much better! and a two-tone white/black too. And include Watanabes!

kenney
07-28-2006, 12:29 AM
great another evo. dont they get it that evo's suck? i mean there cheap plastic, break easy, boards fry easy, and there are several returns. y not a new better chassie or stick with the gen. 1

you said it right there The chassie should be more like the gen one and the boards should be twice as tough as they are now!

made in china
07-28-2006, 01:27 AM
i drive my turbo tc everyday.

torredo
07-28-2006, 01:34 AM
EVO IS ****!

Ill wait til hell freezed over or....they make a GEN1 again but
made so the flaws are worked out like bad EB, servo issues,
****ty FETs, etc......

guess ill see yall in hellz!! lmfao

REDisFASTER
07-28-2006, 01:38 AM
i drive my turbo tc everyday.

As well as that truck that you bought for $500 that only had 90k??

RodsRUs
07-28-2006, 01:58 AM
yeah your a **** talker made in china

hell_razor
07-28-2006, 02:54 AM
I heard on a diff. thread that the second car is actually a truck!!! I think it was a nissan titan or sumthing like that, but Im pretty sure its a nissan titan

REDisFASTER
07-28-2006, 03:49 AM
I heard on a diff. thread that the second car is actually a truck!!! I think it was a nissan titan or sumthing like that, but Im pretty sure its a nissan titan

Yeah, I heard that too. I would sure love it if it was a Titan. If I get it, its not getting any body mods. Its just a nice truck!

ravevolution
07-28-2006, 05:43 AM
To heck with the Scion tc i think the reallife car is crap, why make a xmod out that thing?

If they make a RX-7 like rumored around here I'm all over it, unfortuante that it is goin to be a evo though, if only they released the new cars with new chasis like maybe a evo 3, hopefully someone is working on it, keeping my fingers crossed here.

weezer
07-28-2006, 11:00 AM
They should make a Corolla (like someone said already) and a Silvia for those drifter fans out there. The Silvia would be a hit. I wouldn't mind a CRX, I don't know why but I've always liked those cars...

Brabus
07-28-2006, 11:03 AM
It would be awsome if they made a Mercedes for the new Xmods. I have always loved the S class, but any Benz would do. Just to have a nice looking high luxury car around.:D

NON_SKID
07-28-2006, 11:09 AM
for the truck it would be nice if they had a new m class benz that new truck is so hot

Brabus
07-28-2006, 11:13 AM
for the truck it would be nice if they had a new m class benz that new truck is so hot

I agree.:D Or the new GL class.

Alvin
07-28-2006, 11:49 AM
The other xmod to come out is going to be the NISSAN TITTAN TRUCK,
and a new upgrade for trucks called RACING WHEEL UPGRADE, there is a list new item that says H2 TRUCK, im guessing it will be a shell, cuz its kinda pointless to make a nother starter kit out of a hummer

Acura_rulez
07-28-2006, 12:33 PM
yea they should not make a scion they should make a rx7

4banger
07-28-2006, 12:58 PM
I'm with you dude... These guys are complaining how they break too easily... Well, that sort of tells you that they're playin' with them too harsh... If you guys try racing 1/10 buggy or 1/10 electric or nitro touring, they're more fragile than Xmods... Scrub the walls and you may end up bending turnbuckles, breaking upper or lower arms, and even tweaking your chassis, especially if you're running a pivotball susp. And repairing them costs more than what you paid for your starter kit... So you guys, just quit complaining.
you guys are right
:nod:

NON_SKID
07-28-2006, 01:09 PM
instead of the tc they should make the new civic si cause for gen 1 they had a civic and it would be a cool rythm to make a new civic for a new chasis

it would be even cooler if they made the concept civic type r which looks nice to just a thought

NON_SKID
07-28-2006, 01:09 PM
http://www.rsportscars.com/eng/cars/civic_type-r.asp

KainAzeroth
07-28-2006, 01:29 PM
http://www.rsportscars.com/eng/cars/civic_type-r.asp

I'm sorry but that's really ugly. I sould see one of the new civics as an xmod, but not that.

Xmodifier G35
07-28-2006, 03:01 PM
I agee with KainAzeroth that is ugly.:puke:

FlaminG35
07-29-2006, 10:37 AM
But wait! There's another announcement ladys and gents! Apparantly, Radio Shack heard the call of all the sore Evo Chassis owners, and they're revamping it with better boards, FETs, etc., but no word on the plastic yet:cry:. I hope the fix it in time to put this into the two new XMods, but no word on that yet either. Darn. Well, if it's true, then when I get the tC, it'll run helluva lot better than my G35. My fingers are crossed!!!

F-150 k!ller
07-29-2006, 11:07 AM
I hope they make better PCBs in them cause I cant find any gen 1s anymore and I really want one lol. I fry EVOs left and freaking right..

ZackyV
07-29-2006, 12:40 PM
i think everyone is forgeting a car
dont leave out the 240sx
come on guys

mrc5corvette
07-29-2006, 08:48 PM
they definetily need to get an rx-8 or rx-7 in the line up.
for the truck chassis, i dont know why nobody has thought of a jeep. ultimate rockcrawler right there.
a 63 vette would kick ***, and a hemi cuda, lime green.
they should make a new chassis that is much more race + durability oriented, easier to work on, like a 1/10 scale style. call it the evo version 2, "Evo.2"

ZackyV
07-29-2006, 08:57 PM
for the truck chassis, i dont know why nobody has thought of a jeep. ultimate rockcrawler right there.
they should make a new chassis that is much more race + durability oriented, easier to work on, like a 1/10 scale style. call it the evo version 2, "Evo.2"
changing it to 1/10 scale would be ridiculous
they wouldnt even need to make anything for it since theres already alot of stuff out there for them
and it just wouldnt be as fun suprising people by having a 1/28 scale go soooo fast
plus they would be ALOT more too

Acura_rulez
07-29-2006, 09:32 PM
#40 Today, 08:48 PM
mrc5corvette
Advance member Join Date: Feb 2006
Trader Rating: (0)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

yea your right a rx7 would be cool or a bmw m series and more modifications

ravevolution
07-30-2006, 12:28 AM
But wait! There's another announcement ladys and gents! Apparantly, Radio Shack heard the call of all the sore Evo Chassis owners, and they're revamping it with better boards, FETs, etc., but no word on the plastic yet:cry:. I hope the fix it in time to put this into the two new XMods, but no word on that yet either. Darn. Well, if it's true, then when I get the tC, it'll run helluva lot better than my G35. My fingers are crossed!!!

I really hope they fix the plastic, like i said before I hope someone from RS is reading this abd they revamp the xmod chasis with new electronics and what not.:) Hopefully they will fix that dreded lower center of gravity where the batteries are cause i hate how the bat. cover just sticks out from the bottom.:mad:

F-150 k!ller
07-30-2006, 10:15 AM
yea and it scrapes the ground.... I sure do wish they would build PCBs and such... The cars I have cant handle my abuse... LOL

2hot4u
08-01-2006, 01:49 AM
http://img226.imageshack.us/img226/4134/newqo6.jpg

stolen from bigsho on infernal RC

Razy
08-01-2006, 05:31 AM
So its settled then the new xmod cars are a Scion TC and a Nissan Titan

xmodkidd33
08-01-2006, 09:32 AM
They should make a Corolla (like someone said already) and a Silvia for those drifter fans out there. The Silvia would be a hit. I wouldn't mind a CRX, I don't know why but I've always liked those cars...
yeah i agree with the Silvia. Probably S13 or S15, i would want the S15 more. Tehy should make like an al new chassis like for drifting only with like mega downforce and stuff it would be tiiight

MrTooGoodForBadCars
08-01-2006, 11:44 AM
Evo is the best, stop complaining bout how bad they suck. If you do complain its cause u probobly never had one!!

MrTooGoodForBadCars
08-01-2006, 11:45 AM
Ooo a flatscreen!

2hot4u
08-01-2006, 12:20 PM
IMO these cars stink (Scion and Titan), and as far as a JDM car being produced I wouldn't get my hopes up... because I really dont think it would appeal to as many people. No offense but nobody wants to buy a 90's semi-sports car that wasn't even produced in the USA

XMDrifter
08-01-2006, 12:24 PM
THEY DONT MAKE GEN1'S ANYMORE. THATS WHY THE ONLY PLACE YOU COULD GET ONE WOULD BE FROM ANOTHER XMOD OWNER.(if they want to sell it) and Im from a drifting community, and "mega downforce" will just make the car stick to the ground.

with drifting you want light weight,
high torque,
slippery tires,
bearings all over,
aluminum parts,
soft susp.

WINGS ON DRIFTERS ARE JUST FOR BLING. drifting is sliding side ways and keeping it sideways. you change difection by cutting the wheel in the other direction.

:evil: DO IT SIDEWAYS FOOL!!!!!! :evil:

Acura_rulez
08-01-2006, 12:56 PM
i know this has nothing to do wit new xmods but i heard radio shack lost alot of money sponcering tha xrl tour a couple of years ago so there will be no more tours:mad: :mad: :mad:

color0
08-01-2006, 11:25 PM
They should've made it belt drive, lol... then I wouldn't have to go designing one.

I'm looking forward to seeing the Scion; if they did it right (i.e. clean), I'd consider one.

XMDrifter
08-02-2006, 11:54 AM
i think ill get a scion

Xmodifier G35
08-02-2006, 12:36 PM
I will probaly get the titan
1 My dad has the real truck.
2 I like the truck!
3 It will be my first xmod truck.

RallyWRX
08-02-2006, 01:11 PM
i think everyone is forgeting a car
dont leave out the 240sx
come on guys
They already said a Silvia which is the same as a 240SX.

skyline-rsx392
08-02-2006, 01:14 PM
They should've made it belt drive, lol... then I wouldn't have to go designing one.

I'm looking forward to seeing the Scion; if they did it right (i.e. clean), I'd consider one.

me 2. im just hoping to see it in silver with a good clean body kit not a riced out one! as for the titan.. i can give two poops.

RallyWRX
08-02-2006, 01:15 PM
The LCD Flat Screen is to put in the head rest of the H2 Xmod. The only problem is that you can't see it because the Xmods don't have real windows and there are no seats or head rests and it cost's $700 and is 27 inches. But still, that's cool that they added it to the Xmod line.

RallyWRX
08-02-2006, 01:18 PM
I want a Focus ZX3 of SVT. There are no hatchback xmods. It's time they made one.

color0
08-02-2006, 08:00 PM
Evo is the best, stop complaining bout how bad they suck. If you do complain its cause u probobly never had one!!
I've had one for a while, the plastic sucks, period. Hadn't seen more wheel play since my first Xmod 2 years ago.

Which means, RS better do a good job with the tC and Titan, or they just wasted a lot of licensing fee and development cost on something few are going to buy.

NON_SKID
08-02-2006, 10:07 PM
it would be awsome if the titan has a bodykit that comes with a hitch and a trailer with xmod wheels like the d shaped thing and lug nuts holding them on and they are chageable like xmods and the bodykit come with the same wheels as the titan for the trailer and a set of the off road tire for it to and a lift and lower kit for the trailer and it has the workin taillights just like the CLL that would be ****in sweet :hail:

thrillbilly
08-02-2006, 10:51 PM
i think ereryone is hoping for stuff that won't happen so will i, they should have an amc pacer with chrome wheels in a starter kit, and deffinetly a corrola!

KainAzeroth
08-02-2006, 11:16 PM
I want a corolla too. not that i don't have one from a plastic kit.

Xmodifier G35
08-03-2006, 02:21 AM
I am in Atlanta i will try to get to a radioshack and look for a new xmod. i am not promising anything.

mrc5corvette
08-12-2006, 02:33 PM
i like the scion tc, but the titan is a disapointment. they should have had an american car for at least one of the bodies, preferably the truck. the titan is for people that want to say they have a truck without actually having a real tough truck.

09A03
08-12-2006, 05:41 PM
the titan is a rel truck, now the honda ridge line is the truck that people who want to say they have a truck buy.

sidd
08-17-2006, 07:23 PM
i think they should come out with different body kits for the trucks, instead of just having a hummer and an f-150. They have body kits like the mustang (04-05) that you can buy seperatly to get a completly different car, why not have a titan, or an escalade body?

REDisFASTER
08-18-2006, 12:03 AM
i like the scion tc, but the titan is a disapointment. they should have had an american car for at least one of the bodies, preferably the truck. the titan is for people that want to say they have a truck without actually having a real tough truck.

How is the Nissan Titan a disappointment? Because its not American? Don't be so patriotic :P

homestar
08-18-2006, 01:05 AM
for all the silvia and 240sx fans they should make a sileighty xmod. just ook it up on wikipedia.org if u have no idea abbout what i speak of.

Alvin
08-19-2006, 12:11 AM
i think that a new 2007 eclipse would be a really kewl car to have they look slick going down the road

REDisFASTER
08-19-2006, 12:15 AM
for all the silvia and 240sx fans they should make a sileighty xmod. just ook it up on wikipedia.org if u have no idea abbout what i speak of.
Blue SilEighty, gold and silver SSR ReverseMesh wheels, whale-tail spoiler, and there you go! Mako and Sayuki's SilEighty from Initial D!

I hope they come out with a green S13 though. And hopefully, a dark green (jade green) R32

homestar
08-19-2006, 12:34 AM
haha initial D... you tofu drifters haha lol but yeah sileighties are pretty nice. i have one in gran turismo 4

REDisFASTER
08-19-2006, 02:05 AM
haha initial D... you tofu drifters haha lol but yeah sileighties are pretty nice. i have one in gran turismo 4

Ahahah! I'm so behind! I rarely play any console games anymore! I'm still playing Gran Turismo now and then when I'm not playing PC games lol!

homestar
08-19-2006, 02:08 AM
i dont even own gran turismo, its at my aunts house and i go there once in a while, but so far i have 21 cars inaround 24 hours of playing time.

jaravez
08-20-2006, 08:57 PM
I can wait for the scion tc
I'm driving RS employees in my area crazy asking them about the launch date for the new xmods.
A lot of them say that it will be ready for holiday season.
What does that mean?
september, october or november. arghhh!

Alvin
08-21-2006, 09:52 PM
THE END of september is when they should be out,, but thats just what i here

BoomTunezzz
08-22-2006, 04:29 AM
**** it ...They should make a Golf R32 and (to get some reeeaaal good cars in here hehe) and a dubbed out VW Touareg as a Jeep ...

V-Dub is in da house yoooo...

REDisFASTER
08-22-2006, 08:13 AM
**** it ...They should make a Golf R32 and (to get some reeeaaal good cars in here hehe) and a dubbed out VW Touareg as a Jeep ...

V-Dub is in da house yoooo...

lol, I'd like the Dakar rally race Touareg!

http://www.modellbahnecke.de/bilder/schuco/25151.jpg

vietazndude
08-23-2006, 04:00 PM
i just went to my radioshack and i asked the dude and he said november, he said he didnt know wat models they will get though:(

E3j23
08-23-2006, 06:58 PM
i want the Nission Titon

mrc5corvette
08-23-2006, 08:35 PM
They should have a chevy silvarado or dodge ram before the titan. the only reason they got the titan is because the probably release them in Japan first, and the japanese people are sick of the american cars that were released.

bahasad
08-24-2006, 12:12 AM
lol yea probably. a lincoln navigator mite be nice.

NON_SKID
08-24-2006, 12:37 PM
yo the new truck and car are coming soon a radioshack at a mall near me brought the f-150 to 39.99 there probally clearing out and is it me but since they been putting things on sale everything except the hummer the truck i have well sort of have (i broke the body) is the only thing not on sale f150 bodykit both blue and orange on sale not hummer it ****ed me off then i bought a f150

fastback
08-24-2006, 01:28 PM
i heared that they are going to be $69.99

DragOreoCar
08-24-2006, 08:48 PM
YAY!!!! More xmod chassis too go back to RADIOSHACK!!!!!!

Alvin
08-24-2006, 11:39 PM
i checked with my "informant" and radioshack corp, and he said there is no increase in price at all.

torredo
08-25-2006, 12:17 AM
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY

another cheap *** RS spin off

4x4Daddy
08-25-2006, 04:07 PM
Here are pictures of Titan and TC
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y82/FabricatorXMODS/Rumors/Page2.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y82/FabricatorXMODS/Rumors/Page1.jpg

vietazndude
08-25-2006, 04:16 PM
cool where did u get those pics? it says shipping early october!! my radioshack says november:-?

bengali548
08-25-2006, 06:36 PM
scion looks ugly but the titan is the halle barry of xmods :D

DragOreoCar
08-25-2006, 09:56 PM
Looks ok for a tC and the Titan looks pretty sweet I still wish they made a Dodge ram SRT-10 and Dodge Ram 1500 :(

xmodmaverick
09-17-2006, 06:53 PM
they are coming out with 4 new models

a ford mustang 2006.(i think a different color.)
the titan
the scion
and another H2(i think a different color

xmodmaverick
09-17-2006, 07:00 PM
really sorry for double posting but i had to tell everyone that the new xmods are all gonna have FULL BODY KITS LIKE THE BLUE FORD F-150'S BODY!!! AND THEY ARE THE SAME PRICE AS ALL THE OTHER XMOD STUFF!! HELL YA

lilskipro587
09-17-2006, 09:13 PM
Xmodmaverick is banned temperarly for vulgar language, double posting, and excessivly large font.

CLOSED