PDA

View Full Version : skyline problems

ZackyV
07-08-2006, 11:46 PM
i recently recieved a skyline and now im facing motor troubles. i got it and i didnt have batteries on me so i just decided to start the upgrades right away. i put in a stage 2 engine after facing troubles with the old motor mount and now that its in it no longer really runs. It did for the first minute or 2 on fairly low batteries but now it doesn't. it seemed to be lucking up a little and making slight grinding noises like plastc on plastic, but didnt seem like much of an issue at all since it wouldnt lock up. But now it just won't run at all. I'm thinking i just need new batteries in it but that might not be the case because the steering was still very responcive. As well i tested my other motors but none of them moved at all.
Does anyone have any ideas as of what it is?

F-150 k!ller
07-09-2006, 12:04 AM
well you should have waited to put upgrades on and see if it even worked.. heres what you do: 1. take off all upgrades. 2. test with stock motor and everything make sure it works. 3. Put upgrades back on carefully and make sure everything is tight (not to tight) and test again.

ZackyV
07-09-2006, 12:19 AM
yeah i should do that. but do you think that if i bring it to radioshack they can check it out and try and fix it?

F-150 k!ller
07-09-2006, 12:23 AM
no they will just give you a new one i guess....idk really.

ZackyV
07-09-2006, 12:22 PM
could it be maybe that i just havent broken my car in?
cause those batteries were half dead when i got them and the steering wasnt actually as snappy as it is when the batteries are full.
im gonna get new ones and see what happens

EDIT: yeah what i said was right the batteries didnt have enough power to run the engine. runs like a dream now. cept the front fender drags across the ground on the road.