PDA

View Full Version : Save Money on batteries and get more power

Mahlachi
03-26-2004, 04:59 PM
Hello this is one of those duh posts but oh well, I have A Toyota Supra and i did not want to risk messing it up with a modified engine and batteries. I am though adding a 6 cell kit. Today I bought 2 xmod battery kits at Radio Shack. With the 6 cell kit i figured it comes with 8 and would cost around $48 for 1 battery kit w/ charger and 4 extra batteries or pay $5 more and get 2 with a total of 16 batteries and 2 chargers. So I went home charged them (only took and hour) oput in my Supra and it bout doubled the speed as it was with my cheap ol' 16 for a dollar batteries. Plus it give a constant speed it doesn't slow down went ur batteries are half dead it keeps goin and says the same speed.

So if don't want to risk messing up your car or paying out the but to have it done and you'd like to stop using about 16 batteries or more a day Try it You'll like it.

Thanks,
Mahlachi

Red Supra (normal color)
Factory motor
Custom Rims
Custom Tires
custom suspinsion(i think i spelled wrong)
RS recharable batteries
Wild body style with mild spoiler
Head/tail Light kit
Soon to have 6 cell
soon to have underglow
soon to have custom decals
I just started...

sputnikxxx
06-28-2004, 12:34 PM
I disagree on this I think the lithium kit would be cheaper and you would only have to charge 2 batters plus the weight would be a lot less which would result in more power

Kon Artist
07-03-2004, 04:35 PM
that xmod Rechargeable battery pack is a waste..

You would have been better off buying the Rayovac 15 Min Charger for about 30 Buks

viperdout
07-25-2004, 12:22 PM
that xmod Rechargeable battery pack is a waste..

You would have been better off buying the Rayovac 15 Min Charger for about 30 Buks

apparently, Circuit City is now charging 45, which I find a rip off, but it includes 2 AAAs and 2 AAs. You would then need to buy a 10 dollar 4 pack of AAAs, bringing it up to 55 bucks+tax, while a whole lithium kit and charger is 58 bucks plus shipping. Even if you can get the charger and batts for 40, it's still worth it to just give you that edge over your competitors.

jpringlephoto
01-22-2005, 01:13 AM
http://www.batteryspace.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=1336

4.40 each cell...
then get a charger for 15.00

BlackSky909
01-22-2005, 02:21 PM
wow man that has to be the dumbest thing i heard :nod: you could hav bought lithumsand there are alsos less risk becasue u can fry your car and lithium is less wight and alot more power. You made a mistake. I quess everyone learns from their mistakes.

viperdout
01-22-2005, 02:27 PM
With the liths, you have to swap a few things out, and it voids your warranty, and you only use 2 instead of 4. If you can't solder, don't do li-ions.

BlackSky909
01-22-2005, 02:34 PM
you need to solder to put the 6th cell in. But it is very easy

hotrod29728
01-25-2005, 11:31 AM
i still have my original white supra, I was wondering if the lithiums will fit under it and where is the best place to get them at? i heard that atomic mods has them.... im not trying to advertise anything im just looking for the cheapest site to buy them at. i was thinking the pro kit from those guys were good but, it's a bit pricey... Thanks...

viperdout
01-25-2005, 04:16 PM
They fit fine under a Supra. www.teammnm.net is my choice right after the store here, but since Dean still has it closed, go there.

acomp89
01-27-2005, 11:55 AM
i can see why a lot of people use liths now but i still prefer NiMh or NiCd because i would be th e persone who blows up there liths or lets them run too low or something like that but with NiMh and NiCd's you dont really have to worry about that that much

a.k.a low maintinance, decent power

jpringlephoto
01-27-2005, 12:08 PM
These guys have the best price bar none,
their stock runs out so fast, so you know that you are getting fresh gear...

http://www.batteryspace.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=1336

BlackSky909
01-27-2005, 01:55 PM
Hey J you bought from them before?