PDA

View Full Version : Broken Wire

jesseeast1
06-29-2006, 05:58 PM
Well my black left battery wire keeps coming off on my civic and I had to super glue it on 100's of times and it wont go back on... What can I use to make it go on and not come off??!!?

lilskipro587
06-29-2006, 06:02 PM
yea this is a newb question u dont SUPER GLUE WIRES! you have to solder with a soldering gun/pencil

catnip40
06-29-2006, 06:09 PM
yea this is a newb question u dont SUPER GLUE WIRES! you have to solder with a soldering gun/pencilYeah why would yoyu super glue them..?

DragOreoCar
06-29-2006, 06:11 PM
I got a soldering kit at my house the same thing happened to both of my battery holders but my dad is going to solder them back together! just tell you'r dad to get one if you need that put back together my dad solder's all of my stuff back together (that mean only and I mean only xmod stuff!!!!)

jesseeast1
06-29-2006, 06:14 PM
Do soldering Irons work because I just called wal-mart and they have them?

oddryu
06-29-2006, 06:24 PM
YES they work why do you think people have been telling you to buy a soldering iron?

DragOreoCar
06-29-2006, 06:25 PM
Go to radioshack or the source if you live in Canada and order a soldering kit then solder the wires back together! (but take off all of that glue you put on the wires!)

jesseeast1
06-29-2006, 06:28 PM
Ok I called Wal-Mart Ill get it when I get enough $$$$$

kenney
06-29-2006, 08:04 PM
listen i don't want to be rude but please do NOT glue wires like other people said use a soilder iron i got mine from the dollar store and it works great i filed the end down to a point for all of the small work lol

skylineRB26
06-29-2006, 10:57 PM
Well my black left battery wire keeps coming off on my civic and I had to super glue it on 100's of times and it wont go back on... What can I use to make it go on and not come off??!!?

LMFAO! haahah why do u super glue steel?

fordredneck
06-29-2006, 11:54 PM
you can get a soldering gun from walmart for $5 if that......

jesseeast1
06-30-2006, 11:18 AM
Wal-Mart has it in for 8$ so Im gonna see if the dollar store has one and if they do Ill get there because right now im trying to get AWD for my Skyline.

skyline-rsx392
06-30-2006, 12:08 PM
LMFAO! haahah why do u super glue steel?

LMFAO! y would u call it steel?! ok listen to me and listen good, go to radio shack and buy a 32 watt soldering iron with a small thin tip (kinda like a pencil), some thin lead-free solder, and some desoldering-braid. everything mentioned will run u $20 probaly or a little bit more. get an old electronics board, read this:http://www.aaroncake.net/electronics/solder.htm, and then practice soldering. once u do that and think ur ready to solder get out ur batterie tray and where the solder point are (where the wire is attached to) place the desoldering braid and then place the iron over it untill u see the all the solder go through the braid (but dont leave it on too long) and quickly remove the braid and iron. Now place a dap of melted solder on the end of the wire where it is exposed and melt a bit of solder on your iron, now place ur wire on the connection tab and the iron over it for about 2 seconds untill you see the solder melt and the wire sink into it, now remove the iron and make sure it works. make sure not to rest or touch the plastic with the soldering iron for it will melt it. do it at your own risk but practice and practice and practiced. i learned on my own in 2-3 days and then i bypassed my switch and it worked and its a clean solder joint.

blind_reaper
06-30-2006, 12:24 PM
you could also use electrical tape to hold wires but it wouldn't hold it as good as soldeing does

EDIT:Wal-Mart has it in for 8$ so Im gonna see if the dollar store has one and if they do Ill get there because right now im trying to get AWD for my Skyline.
even if the dollar store would have it (which im pretty sure it doesn't ) it would be a piece of junk and i wouldnt trust dollar store stuff like that you'll just end up hurtinmg your self

-quit double posting~392

jesseeast1
06-30-2006, 12:47 PM
Well my bro took bottles in a few mins ago so we got 55$ parents buying beer so look...

55-34- 21$ so Ill have 30$ to buy a wal-mart soldering iron and then buy my Awd kit :D.

tre_11
07-01-2006, 12:47 AM
who told u 2 super glue it

F-150 k!ller
07-01-2006, 12:50 AM
lol yea?

jesseeast1
07-01-2006, 08:20 PM
It stuck it on for a while and I just tried to Solder it back and its starting to melt my car lol.

kenney
07-01-2006, 09:51 PM
you could also use electrical tape to hold wires but it wouldn't hold it as good as soldeing does

EDIT:
even if the dollar store would have it (which im pretty sure it doesn't ) it would be a piece of junk and i wouldnt trust dollar store stuff like that you'll just end up hurtinmg your self

-quit double posting~392

dollar store soildering iron work great i have had one for 2 years and no faults with it the only bad thing abou tit is that the end is real thick i just filed it down