PDA

View Full Version : what is the best roadracer set up?

SwedishRacer
10-01-2004, 10:13 PM
I am making my new camero into a road race car sence I think it is short wheel base! I need all the best tips on suspension motor, handeling everytrhing!

StiXxX
10-02-2004, 12:56 PM
Yellow springs battery packs in the middle, bearing, bearing flywheels front and back, soft tread tires front and back and you could possibly flip your rear tires around. That should work rather well good luck

FociFanatic
10-02-2004, 05:27 PM
Depends on the track surface. I would suggest experimenting with different spring/tire combos. On pavement, I use blue springs and medium slicks. I also use a little toe in (though I wish I could adjust the toe settings in the rear) As far as motor/gearing combos, It again depends on the track. On a tight technical course I use either a stage 2 8 or 9 tooth. For a large track with broader turns I go for top speed with the 11 tooth.

Again, just experiment with different setups. This will help you when tuning for a particular track.

SwedishRacer
10-03-2004, 07:20 AM
I ussualy use awd and a stage 2 blue/top speed motor. does it work good, I need to know for upcomin xrls

FociFanatic
10-03-2004, 09:52 AM
Is it a large track or a small track with lots of turns?

SwedishRacer
10-03-2004, 03:01 PM
I am making a drift/show/race car. I think XRL had lots of turns on a faily big track. I need the info by today.

StiXxX
10-03-2004, 03:09 PM
I am making a drift/show/race car. I think XRL had lots of turns on a faily big track. I need the info by today.
i might be kinda late but r u planning on going to xrl in Atlanta :-?

SwedishRacer
10-03-2004, 03:36 PM
you'd think they would have more, local super stock races (radio **** parts only)

FociFanatic
10-03-2004, 11:20 PM
I saw the XRL track layout and it's good sized with a lot of tight turns. I would go for a little more speed and use the Stage 2 9 tooth combo (no awd). For suspension, I'm thinking medium springs all the way around. (that's what i've always used racing and it hasn't failed.) A tiny bit of toe in, and matched tires as well. It really depends on the track surface, and your driving style. Practice on a similar surface and see how it works. I can only give you advice. There are too many variables for me to give you an exact setup. I'd need to know more about the way you drive.