PDA

View Full Version : Problems With Evo Knuckles?

FlaminG35
06-15-2006, 10:48 AM
My knuckels broke a few months ago, and I got nearly one of the first Evo G35s to hit the shelves. Within 6 months, two of my knuckles broke (back right and front left). So, I went to Radioshack and ordered one of their knukle kits for like $2.50 a few days ago. In that package (which I recieved yesterday) there was a note, and heres what it said:

To our valued customer:
We have discovered a problem with a few knuckles from our earlier production lots. We recommend that you replace that knuckles in your starter kit with the reinforced knuckles we have provided. We regret any incovenience.
Thank you.

What's up with that? How come I was told about this?? It makes me kinda aggrivated that they don't send this to you in the mail, so that doesn't really make me feel like a "valued customer". Has anyone else had their brand-spankin new Evo knuckles brake? I just wish that they would send you something in the mail. If I would have known this, I would've saved up and bought some aluminum ones. So, what's up with this???:mad:

crunk rida
06-15-2006, 02:30 PM
I had some that broke in the first day i had it and returned it the next day.

kigamkcalb17
06-15-2006, 10:48 PM
you had to pay for them? thats bs, when i bought my evo car it came with that in the box for free, the problem was all over the forums so you could see it there but i was told that the kit was free cause it was there mess up, well anyways mine was

xmodalloy
06-15-2006, 11:31 PM
I got a truck and there wernt extras:-? .

BlackSky909
06-15-2006, 11:36 PM
I got a truck and there wernt extras:-? .
Same here, I bought a truck and a G35.. No extra knuckles..

mrc5corvette
06-19-2006, 12:05 PM
its really strange that some of the kits come with the knuckles and some don't. ive been to a couple of radioshacks that will have like 5 kits of say, the g35, and one or two of them will have the replacements. idk why. but i would buy the one with the spares just in case.

homestar
06-20-2006, 01:36 AM
I believe it is because some already come with reinforced knuckles.

ravevolution
06-20-2006, 02:32 AM
Yeah i got that note and bag of reinforced knuckles when I got my EVO VIII, It was a muthatB*tch to take off the old defective ones and put the new ones, I pondered wether or not to even do it, but so far no probs.

Though when I got my 05' Mustang they didn't come with the replacements so i figured it wasn't one of the defective bunch.

But I would try and get ur $2.50 back since it was a defect but unless ur knuckles broke after the 30, or is it 90? day warranty then well better safe than sorry.