PDA

View Full Version : Steering to the Right! HELP ME!!!

sammy1
05-22-2006, 09:18 AM
Hey guys! I'm having a problem with my steering leaning more towards the right (see link below for a picture of the steering leaning towards the right). How do I fix this? Where can I start looking to fix this?

http://gallery.thexspot.us/main.php?g2_view=core.ShowItem&g2_itemId=889

As you can see, the wheels point towards the right without me doing anything to the steering and the turning radius to the left is almost nothing

xmodalloy
05-22-2006, 12:18 PM
I woud go to the servo sentering tut on atomicmods.com.

mrc5corvette
05-22-2006, 12:31 PM
I woud go to the servo sentering tut on atomicmods.com.
this will probably solve the problem, but if it doesn't the problem might be the controller. try another controller that works if you have one, i have had trouble with them often. once, it turned to the right even if turned to the left, another controller and it worked fine.

sammy1
05-22-2006, 12:35 PM
alright, I'll try the controller thing...hopefully its something as simple as that. If not, I'll give the servo tutorial on atmoic a try.

any other suggestions?

edit:xmodalloy, do you have a link to the tutorial you referred to above? I went onto atomics site but didn't find anything

xmodalloy
05-22-2006, 01:42 PM
Your right I cant find it now, I'll tell you how though.
OK take out the awd pieces and the tirod, now take out the screw thats on the white thing on the servo,now take the white off, then put it bak on strate, now you should be good to go.

sammy1
05-22-2006, 02:58 PM
really? thats it? alright, I'll give all of those things a try and let you guys know how it turned out tomorrow. Thanks for everyones help!

BlackSky909
05-22-2006, 03:22 PM
Thats part of the reason why I dont like AWD.. And I am assuming this is a Gen 1? Well whenever I used AWD on the Gen 1's they would handle like crap so thats why I stick with RWD.

sammy1
05-22-2006, 03:50 PM
that's correct. The car is AWD and a 1G (take a look at the link in my first post). Do you think the AWD kit causes the servo to get unaligned?

xmodalloy
05-22-2006, 04:16 PM
No it doesnt I have awd on my skyline, my friend has a fwd and both run strate.

F-150 k!ller
05-22-2006, 07:24 PM
uhhhh use the st buttons on ur contoller on the top and that should fix it.

BlackSky909
05-22-2006, 07:31 PM
That may not be your AWD.. But all Xmods have their flaws and that is one of the big ones.. Even my Gen2 G35 does that.. When I turn my car on I press right twice on the controller and it fixes it until I turn the car off..

sammy1
05-22-2006, 07:45 PM
LOL! thats weird...but mine is pretty bad. when I turn left, the wheels barely turn.

first class
05-26-2006, 09:08 PM
Sorry I've been busy but that is most likely servo damage. if it turns one way alot and not the other you may have hit something and moved the internals in the servo. Atomic re did their web site but the search should still bring it up.

color0
05-26-2006, 11:28 PM
AWD binding up, sammy... i'll bet that there's a clicking sound when you try to turn the wheels by hand when they're facing the left. if so, the tierod is hitting the AWD cone gear. you'll know how to fix that.

if it's not that, file the ball end of the AWD dogbones... those often grind against the cupjoints causing lots of friction. happens a lot with GPM parts.